Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Here is that cringe worthy Lebron commercial....

It's a good commercial This is for the people in Cleveland so it might not hold the same level of value/impact tho, but for the target market this is a very well made commercial

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Something funny to others may not be funny to you. Just like taste in food is different.

This is why I think your judgement as a mod may be clouded when you can't understand the concept I mentioned above.
    Dude, it wasn't funny. At all. It was a guy talking in a weird voice as a LeBron commercial played. And he only said like 2 things.

It just...wasn't funny. I've actually laughed at Lebatard on very rare occasion, something I won't easily admit because he's so retarded. But this was not funny.

what a cornball. irving is gona bolt out as soon as he can

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MUGEN
    It's a good commercial This is for the people in Cleveland so it might not hold the same level of value/impact tho, but for the target market this is a very well made commercial

Lol but it's not genuine.

Dude has said he hated Cleveland, and has always gone out of is way to distinguish his hometown of Akron from Cleveland.

That's why it's hilarious.

And LeBatard rustling the jimmies of Cleveland fans will always be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    what a cornball. irving is gona bolt out as soon as he can
    Um pretty sure Irving signed at like 12:01 am for like 5 years. The second he could.

Dude has said he hated Cleveland, and has always gone out of is way to distinguish his hometown of Akron from Cleveland.

Whose jimmies is he rustling? People just think he's dumb. Nobody is "mad" at him for being dumb. It's not like he said anything bad. He just wasn't funny. You give him too much credit.

Where did he say he hated Cleveland? Oh you mean that stupid out of context quote from like 7 years ago about how when he was growing up they had little brother syndrome with Cleveland-Akron? Definitely applies here, lol.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ctown4eva
    Whose jimmies is he rustling?
    Yours. You're going out of your way to tell people how unfunny he is. Even though the majority of his now nationally syndicated audience think it's hilarious.

Rustled jimmies confirmed.

Where did he say he hated Cleveland?
    James also touched on growing up in Akron and hating Cleveland as a kid. According to ESPN, James told GQ, "Clevelanders, because they were the bigger-city kids when we were growing up, looked down on us. So we didn't actually like Cleveland. We hated Cleveland growing up. There's a lot of people in Cleveland we still hate to this day."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_684752.html

"Let's do it for Cleveland" :

Wait...you actually think that commercial is genuine?

Last edited by PJR; 10-31-2014 at 08:03 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Something funny to others may not be funny to you. Just like taste in food is different.

This is why I think your judgement as a mod may be clouded when you can't understand the concept I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Yours. You're going out of your way to tell people how unfunny he is. Even though the majority of his now nationally syndicated audience think it's hilarious.

Rustled jimmies confirmed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_684752.html

"Let's do it for Cleveland" :
    LOL. Me stating he isn't funny...is my "jimmies" being rustled.

I'm not even from Cleveland, I'm a Chicago fan and grew up there, relocated to NE Ohio for work so I have a soft spot for the Cavs too.

I'm midwest through and through. All the fake ass people of south beach aint changing that.

BTW nice totally ignoring my comment about that "We hated Cleveland" shit being so out of context it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR

LeBron is a tool imo much of the time. I also don't think this whole "Coming Home" is genuine. I've actually been arguing that from the start. It was more a basketball and business decision than an emotional one. He's taking advantage of it from a marketing standpoint which is smart, but it is also disingenuous.

None of that will make LeBatard funny, however. At least, not to me. He certainly thinks he's funny. That much has been established.

Btw, the Cleveland radio guys are also giant idiots for the most part. This isn't a Cleveland-Miami thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    LeBron is a tool imo much of the time. I also don't think this whole "Coming Home" is genuine. I've actually been arguing that from the start. It was more a basketball and business decision than an emotional one. He's taking advantage of it from a marketing standpoint which is smart, but it is also disingenuous.

None of that will make LeBatard funny, however. At least, not to me. He certainly thinks he's funny. That much has been established.
    I don't understand how it can't be both a basketball AND genuine homecoming decision.

Seriously...some of you guys think way too deeply into this shit. LeBron is egotistical like every other great athlete to ever play a sport. Yes, it leads to him being a tool sometimes, and he doesn't always say the right thing. But literally every word out of his mouth and every action he takes is HYPER analyzed by people like you.

Try living that lifestyle, we'd be ripping you on Internet forums on a daily basis (unfairly), too.

NBA rookie of the year

Btw, the Cleveland radio guys are also giant idiots for the most part. This isn't a Cleveland-Miami thing.
    Lol...You may not find LeBatard's brand of humor and schtick entertaining, but there's a reason his once local Miami show is now nationally syndicated. People like it.

I don't understand how it can't be both a basketball AND genuine homecoming decision.

Seriously...some of you guys think way too deeply into this shit. LeBron is egotistical like every other great athlete to ever play a sport. Yes, it leads to him being a tool sometimes, and he doesn't always say the right thing. But literally every word out of his mouth and every action he takes is HYPER analyzed by people like you.

Try living that lifestyle, we'd be ripping you on Internet forums on a daily basis (unfairly), too.
    I don't think there's anything unfair about what I said. Notice that I said it was "mostly" a basketball and business decision, not an emotional one (imo). I do think he probably prefers being back here fulltime and his years in Miami probably did make him realize the sports fans in Cleveland and in this region are pretty devoted.

But, I just don't think that's what drove the decision. If the Cavs didn't have the ability to trade for Kevin Love and if they didn't already have some nice young pieces in place, I don't think he'd be back here. He even admitted himself that he ended up coming back sooner than he anticipated.

I don't think there's anything unfair about what I said. Notice that I said it was "mostly" a basketball and business decision, not an emotional one (imo). I do think he probably prefers being back here fulltime and his years in Miami probably did make him realize the sports fans in Cleveland and in this region are pretty devoted.

But, I just don't think that's what drove the decision. If the Cavs didn't have the ability to trade for Kevin Love and if they didn't already have some nice young pieces in place, I don't think he'd be back here. He even admitted himself that he ended up coming back sooner than he anticipated.

I totally agree with that. But he's said as much publicly, so I don't know how it's disingenuous of him.

Decent playground baller

I watched the whole commercial.

nike has sunk to new lows, embarrasing the city of cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by MUGEN
    Makes the people who live in desirable areas of the country lose respect for you. What kind of self respecting person would co-sign that.