Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore ABPrints's Avatar

Default Re: Training routines NBA/NCAA Players Use

Quote Originally Posted by h4d193
    @theparade
    youve got good knowledge of athletic training and all the people in this forum should take note of what you are saying.
    In addition to what you said, squats will not injure you knees nor will they give you back pain as long as you are using correct form.

Back pain can still arise from squats of good mechanics. Reason is spinal compression. The weight resting on the shoulders needs to exert force somewhere, and that somewhere is the spinal disks. I am not saying everyone should run away from squats though, they are still a huge staple in my clients training programs, but need to heed the warning signs if they present themselves.

Default Re: Training routines NBA/NCAA Players Use

Quote Originally Posted by ABPrints
    Back pain can still arise from squats of good mechanics. Reason is spinal compression. The weight resting on the shoulders needs to exert force somewhere, and that somewhere is the spinal disks. I am not saying everyone should run away from squats though, they are still a huge staple in my clients training programs, but need to heed the warning signs if they present themselves.
    As soon as you start to feel pain with anything... that is a clear indication to stop. There are plenty of alternatives to squats such as machine squats (almost like a leg press) which take a lot of stress off. People just need to be careful with these heavy compound lifts. As useful as they are, they do put a lot of stress on the body.