Default anyone from Denver or been to Denver?

I am going on a weekend trip to Denver: Friday-Sunday

Just wondering what are some must go to places: bars, foods, attractions, etc.

Looking to have a good time.

Default Re: anyone from Denver or been to Denver?

Hey man, I was just there a couple weeks ago.

You got to go to Hops n Pie. Cool scene with pizza and specialty beer. Btw, be prepared for literally EVERY RESTAURANT to be a brewery. Denver Beer Co is also a great place with a bunch of people and it's downtown. Really you should just walk around downtown for a while. Lots to see and do. Also the night life was poppin when i was there (although it was Halloween). Other than that, just hang out with people. Everyone that I met there was insanely nice and genuinely wanted to meet new people and best of all, there are a bunch of young single women who are badass outdoorsy types.

If you are going there with friends or to meet friends, just straight hang out. There's an Irish Pub (can't remember name) right next to Howl at the Moon downtown that I watched a rugby game at and nursed my hangover with their DELICIOUS potatoes. Their service was real slow though so go with friends.

Denver honestly one of the coolest places I've ever been to. Plan on going back soon. Enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    You will have a good time, I was just there a few months ago for a broncos game.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure they just had a huge snowstorm, so be ready to be cold and a lot of snow

My buddy lives in Highland district in Denver, so thats where I hung out mostly, it was a really cool atmosphere.

There was this really cool place on 32nd ave and Tejon St, it is a speakeasy bar, it looks like a bookstore, but you walk through a bookshelf inside and it leads you to a bar, they had some crazy good beer I never heard of before

Get ready to spend a lot tho, most of the bars out there are not cheap, especially in downtown LoDo near coors field

What part of Denver are you guys going to be at mostly?

My friend and I rented a spot from airbnb. We are getting there at around 9 AM on Friday and leaving about 7 PM on Sunday.

The spot is close to Lower Highlands, Highlands, Lower Downtown, Downtown and Interstates. I think our main transportation is going to be by train, bus, and/or uber.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    I am going on a weekend trip to Denver: Friday-Sunday

Just wondering what are some must go to places: bars, foods, attractions, etc.

Looking to have a good time.
    I got an old bitty out in Denver. She's friends with The Birdman (formerly of Denver).

I'll tell her to hook it up.

Banned

Take it easy on the herbs OP.

I live in Boulder, 30 minutes away at the base of the mountains. Don't know a lot about Denver though, I only go there to watch ball/concerts. I like to stay in Boulder because there's no black people here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    I live in Boulder, 30 minutes away at the base of the mountains. Don't know a lot about Denver though, I only go there to watch ball/concerts. I like to stay in Boulder because there's no black people here.
    I saw basically no diversity in Denver either. Whitewashed as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    I saw basically no diversity in Denver either. Whitewashed as hell
    There's definitely black people in Denver, especially when you get near Colfax.. at least when you compare the amount to what's in Boulder. Boulder is 99.9% middle-class or rich white people because no one else can afford to live here. Seriously there aren't even really any Indians or Asians. It's crazy I've never seen anything like it anywhere in the world.