Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Bold Prediction: Blake Griffin's stats last season is his career best

Sometimes it is not a good thing for a rookie to avertage 22/12 since he will be having a hard time later in his life to surpass his first year in NBA. I'd say Blake will not average more points and rebounds than he did last season, at least rebounding-wise. Do not see him grabbing 25/15/5 ever in his career, and this year he may as well average 18/10/2 or lower if injured midway in the season.

Default Re: Bold Prediction: Blake Griffin's stats last season is his career best

Assuming he gets injured is silly.

However its impossible to say how he will progress.
    He seems like the hard working type so I can only imagine his game will improve at time go's on.

Perhaps this wont translate into wayyy better stats but it may translate into Blake becoming a better defender and making smarter decisions on both ends of the court which will lead to more W's and a better team.

Default Re: Bold Prediction: Blake Griffin's stats last season is his career best

fvcking idiot, he might get injured

Michael Jordan of ISH

His raw stats, PPG/RPG/APG, will all decline. You can BOOK that. His advanced stats will go up however due to being more efficient with CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by lebob23
    fvcking idiot, he might get injured
    Well I am not saying he will get injured, just brought up a possible reason for him to play a worse season than last year. But still, I'd like to bet that his stats will decline even if hes able to play all 82 games and healthy.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Improving greatly on defense will make him a true powerhouse even with the stats he has. His points are powerful and impactful, so with a very solid defense he can dominate a game without averaging 28ppg.

Banned

In before Clippersfan86 has a fit at this statement.

NBA lottery pick

Pretty much. He will never see more than 12 rebounds a game, too much jumping.

His rebounds will dip to probable 10.5-11 area and score around the same area. He's an Amare type player... just shorter.

owwwww

It's funny because you know this is only really based on the pre-season game last night.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

The Clippers have so many offensive weapons that I could see his ppg drop a little. His rebounding should be about the same even though he plays with another good rebounder. He'll be fine. He will have much better seasons than his rookie year. It's a team game, I don't think Blake is thinking about his numbers.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    It's funny because you know this is only really based on the pre-season game last night.
    One game where he took 11 shots and played against a team he always struggles with . I'm not even bothering responding to the trolls because by January when he's averaging 24-25 ppg... it's gonna be funny watching Joyner and these guys disappear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mentallooser
    Improving greatly on defense will make him a true powerhouse even with the stats he has. His points are powerful and impactful, so with a very solid defense he can dominate a game without averaging 28ppg.
    that defense sure did look great last night. not...

on defense blake just watches lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    One game where he took 11 shots and played against a team he always struggles with . I'm not even bothering responding to the trolls because by January when he's averaging 24-25 ppg... it's gonna be funny watching Joyner and these guys disappear.
    who are you fooling you respond to everyone you are the biggest clipper troll on the forum.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    1 game was enough for you to annoint Jordan as a more skilled Tyson Chandler and the Clippers a legitimate title contender, but it's not enough for others to make the assumption that Griffin is overrated?

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

His stats may stay around the same as last year for the remaining years of his prime but he will improve his jumpshot, post moves and defense so he will become a much better player. Personally I expect 26/12 - 28/13 depending on the pace the Clippers decide to play. Not necessarily this year but at some point in his career.