Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Who is the better in game dunker?

or

Gotta say this season Durant has impressed me a lot more, He is 6'11 but he is better at taking people off the dribble and dunking on their whole team. He also posterizes somebody every other game, those mutant arms allow him to dunk outside the circle and finish even with contact.

Lebron is the better alley oop finisher, and more creative "wide open" dunker, but I don't recall him powering it down in traffic or posterizing a bigger man in a while. Cavs Lebron used to do it often, current Lebron rarely explodes to the rim with anger, he is favoring the bump and 1 layups nowadays. So based on their performances this season, I go with Durant as the better dunker off the dribble, in traffic, vs 7 footers and with contact.

Default Re: Who is the better in game dunker?

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton

or

Gotta say this season Durant has impressed me a lot more, He is 6'11 but he is better at taking people off the dribble and dunking on their whole team. He also posterizes somebody every other game, those mutant arms allow him to dunk outside the circle and finish even with contact.

Lebron is the better alley oop finisher, and more creative "wide open" dunker, but I don't recall him powering it down in traffic or posterizing a bigger man in a while. Cavs Lebron used to do it often, current Lebron rarely explodes to the rim with anger, he is favoring the bump and 1 layups nowadays. So based on their performances this season, I go with Durant as the better dunker off the dribble, in traffic, vs 7 footers and with contact.

Is'nt Durant 6 foot 9?
    Last edited by Magic bird; 01-16-2013 at 10:28 PM.

#HEATNATION

Quote Originally Posted by Magic bird
    Stopped reading when you said Durant is 6 foot 11
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/kevin-durant-390/

He was measured 6'10" when he was around 18-19 years old, so who knows.

But Durant definitely this year, LeBron the other years. That reverse alley oop by Bron against the Kings was nasty though.

Currently? Durant.

In their athletic prime (which I assume Durant is currently at)? Probably LeBron.

Just the ability and explosion to grab the defensive rebound, beat most of the players down the court, and then dunk, regardless of who was in his way. Very few could do that in NBA history on a consistent basis like Cavs LeBron could.

That guy was fun. Now he's camping at the 3pt line like a bitch.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I prefer Durant this year. He just had better dunks to me. He is better at dunking in the half court when coming off the dribble. He is explosive too.

But LeBron is better with alley oops tho.

durant dunks the ball with force, like he is slamming an **** bead in a nasty hoes ass. lebron dunks like he would rather be receiving.

durant wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/kevin-durant-390/

He was measured 6'10" when he was around 18-19 years old, so who knows.

But Durant definitely this year, LeBron the other years. That reverse alley oop by Bron against the Kings was nasty though.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_durant/
    Nba.com says he is 6 foot 9

NBA Superstar

I've honestly been feeling like something's been missing from LeBron's dunk game since he arrived in Miami. As others have said, for the most part he seems to have shelved the idea of going through people on a regular basis. Or, perhaps people have just stopped challenging whenever a James dunk is humanly possible. I haven't quite figured it out.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0F-AHG4LkQ

There was just something nastier about his dunks back then. Maybe it's also the fact he seems to prefer the "barely touch rim and do not grab it" style lately. He still a good dunker though. I think I've been more impressed with a few of Durant's this year than I have LeBron's though.

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    durant dunks the ball with force, like he is slamming an **** bead in a nasty hoes ass.
    Poetry.

Durant easily..

LeBron dunk looks all the same and boring as ****..

Lebron is'nt as crafty as he was in Cleveland, Playing for the Heat, he always seems to side tomahawk dunk it, and rarely mixes it up

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Durantula has dunked over several guys this year. He's getting more confidence driving to the basket. KD is in his athletic peak now. LeBron is getting slower so its harder for him to drive and smash on somebody on a regular basis. Still, overall LeBron's a better dunker prime for prime.

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

05-10 Lebron >>>>>> Current KD > Current Lebron

I think the fact Lebron is around 20 pounds heavier and more of a PF now really makes it hard to explode with quickness. Durant is lighter, has longer steps and arms so he can take 1 dribble and jam it on any 7 footer. I haven't seen Lebron blow by anyone without a screen this season, while Durant is taking guys off the dribble from triple threat or post ups then dunking hard when you think he is about to lay it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic bird

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_durant/
    Nba.com says he is 6 foot 9
    He IS 6 foot 9. He's actually one of the only players in the league who isn't lying about his height - bump everyone down an inch or 2 or better yet look at everyone's height's on draftexpress.com/measurements and you will see why he looks "6-11" compared to everyone. He's just 6-9 though.