Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default List of players that BOTH Jordan and Lebron faced

[COLOR="Purple"]1) SHAQ[/COLOR]

Top Lebron moments:

2004-2006 were the only years of Lebron's career where Shaq had some prime left - during those years, Lebron finished behind Shaq in MVP voting (2004 and 2005), and lost the conference to him (2005 and 2006).. Lebron never dunked on him.

Top Jordan moments:

Jordan won MVP over prime Shaq in 1996 and 1998 and swept Shaq in 1996 ECF.. He also dunked on him, shown here.

[COLOR="yellow"]2. KOBE:[/COLOR]

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron watched Kobe win more championships during the time that both were in their prime, and also watched Kobe save the team in the 2008 Olympics.

- He missed the much-anticipated, Kobe/Lebron matchup in 2009 and 2010 Finals, because his top-seeded team underachieved by losing to lower seeds in earlier rounds.

Top Jordan moments:

- MJ dunked on Kobe in their first ever possession vs. each other, shown here

- MJ showed his protege how it's done by hitting the game-winner in the first game of the 1997 Finals, after Kobe had airballed 4 straight game-winner attempts against the same team earlier in the playoffs.

- MJ passed the torch to his protoge in the 1998 all-star game by scoring on him at will (5 times in head-to-head possessions, shown here).

3. DUNCAN

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron missed the infamous game-tying 3-pointer and needed Ray Allen to save him

Top Jordan moments:

- Jordan MADE his game-tying 3-pointer from the exact same spot during his first meeting with Duncan/Popovich in 1998 (the shot is shown here)... Then he dominated the OT, including 2 dunks over Duncan, shown here..

Later in that 1998 season, Jordan won the Finals against the team (Jazz) that destroyed Duncan's Spurs in WCF 2nd Round (Duncan/Robinson/Popovich's Spurs won 56 games in RS).

[COLOR="green"]4. GARNETT:[/COLOR]

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron got his shit pushed in during 2008 and 2010 ECSF

Top Jordan moments:

- Jordan schooled Garnett in the 1998 all-star game (shown here) and during the regular season (shown here, here and here).

- The only time where MJ and Garnett were matched up defensively for an entire game was during a 2002 contest - both were matched up at SF, and 38-year old Jordan scored 35 on Garnett in every way imagineable, including various blow-by dunks and layups, shown here.

[COLOR="Indigo"]5. SHAWN MARION:[/COLOR]

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron got locked down by OLD Shawn Marion during the 2011 Finals, which was one of the greatest chokes ever by a star in the Finals.

Top Jordan moments:

- 38-year old Jordan hit the game-winner in PRIME Shawn Marion's face during a contest in 2002 (shown here), and then destroyed him for 41 points in another contest (shown here).

[COLOR="DarkRed"]6. 2003-2004 seasons[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]JORDAN 2003[/COLOR]: 19.3 PER.. 20.0 ppg.. 44.5 fg
    [COLOR="Navy"]LEBRON 2004[/COLOR]: 18.3 PER.. 20.9 ppg.. 41.7 fg

[COLOR="Red"]
    THREAD CLIFFS:[/color]

When you consider that Jordan only had success against the best guys that Lebron played against, it's clear that BOTH guys play in the modern era - and that's the point I'm making.

Heck, the best player that Lebron faced in his prime was Kobe, who was a copycat, poor man's Jordan and Jordan's protege!!

So since both guys play in the modern era, Lebron needs 6 rings and superior stats to eclipse MJ, and he has neither.

Last edited by 3ball; 06-30-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Undefeated

Default Re: List of players that BOTH Jordan and Lebron faced

Finally a non-biased 3ball thread.

Good college starter

This is one of your worst threads 3ball.

I dont think you understand the definition of ''TOP'' moment when it comes to Lebron

Banned

This is a good thread.

I rate this a 3 star.

this may be your most hilarious thread ever and that's saying something. This is Dray n Klay level now. Some small things to pick out since everything here is ridiculous.

"- Jordan MADE his game-tying 3-pointer from the exact same spot during his first meeting with Duncan/Popovich in 1998 (the shot is shown here)... Then he dominated the OT, including 2 dunks over Duncan, shown here.."

"- Lebron missed the infamous game-tying 3-pointer and needed Ray Allen to save him"

So you fail to mention Lebron's great game 7 performance vs the Spurs and are propping up some stuff Jordan did during the RS. You did similar stuff for the Garnett stuff too by not mentioning the 2012 ECF while propping up some regular season game for Jordan. I thought you didn't care about RS stats. I don't even know what to say about the all star game stuff.

Also, Jordan beating a Jazz team that beat the Lakers and Spurs says absolutely nothing about Jordan vs Kobe or Duncan(especially considering Kobe was a rookie on the bench). I guess Lebron beat Kobe and Duncan in 12 too then since OKC beat the Spurs and Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21

I dont think you understand the definition of ''TOP'' moment when it comes to Lebron
    It doesn't matter because Jordan didn't have bad moments against Shaq, Kobe, Duncan or Garnett like Lebron did.

- Kobe won more rings than Lebron while both are in their prime (compared to Kobe being protege to Jordan).

- Lebron finished behind Shaq in MVP voting during the last 2 years of Shaq's prime and lost the conference to him twice (compared to old MJ winning MVP over prime Shaq twice, and sweeping him in ECF).

- And Lebron was dominated by Garnett and Duncan in the playoffs, (while Jordan dominated both in 1998 season)..

The OP provides the video evidence of all these things.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

this may be your most hilarious thread ever and that's saying something. This is Dray n Klay level now. Some small things to pick out since everything here is ridiculous.
    The point I'm making is that BOTH guys played in the modern era - the best way to demonstrate this point is to show that Jordan only had success against the best players Lebron ever played against (Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett).

Heck, the best player that Lebron faced in his prime was Kobe, who was a copycat, poor man's Jordan and Jordan's protege!!

So since both guys play in the modern era, Lebron needs 6 rings and superior stats to eclipse MJ, and he has neither.
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-30-2016 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    only full seasons are being considered in the analysis

I will say it was an entertaining read. Felt like I was reading a WWE novel with basketballs

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    only full seasons are being considered in the analysis
    So Jordan had more rest?

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWad3

I will say it was an entertaining read. Felt like I was reading a WWE novel with basketballs
    the point i'm making is that MJ's last ring occurred only [COLOR="Red"]6 years[/COLOR] before Lebron entered the league, so MJ and Lebron played against [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Red"]many of the same players[/COLOR][/COLOR].

- i.e. MJ won all the awards in 1998 over all-stars Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Kidd (Lebron played against all these guys), and also Hakeem, David Robinson, Penny, Grant Hill, Drexler, Pippen, Payton, Ewing, and more

[COLOR="Navy"]So BOTH guys played in the modern era[/COLOR] - this notion that Lebron's accolades should be worth more because he played in the "modern era" is nonsense.. If that's the case, then Lebron's stats should be obsolete 6 years after he wins his last ring, like Jordan's were.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    the point i'm making is that MJ's last ring occurred only 6 years before Lebron entered the league, so MJ and Lebron played against many of the same players.

- i.e. MJ won all the awards in 1998 over all-stars Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Kidd (Lebron played against all these guys), and also Hakeem, David Robinson, Penny, Grant Hill, Drexler, Pippen, Payton, Ewing, and more

So BOTH guys played in the modern era - this notion that Lebron's accolades should be worth more because he played in the "modern era" is nonsense.. If that's the case, then Lebron's stats should be obsolete 6 years after he wins his last ring, like Jordan's were.
    no your point is that Lebron got owned by the same guys Jordan owned but you're cherrypicking or straight up ignoring stuff. Another example "Lebron finished behind Shaq in MVP voting during the last 2 years of Shaq's prime and lost the conference to him twice (compared to old MJ winning MVP over prime Shaq twice, and sweeping him in ECF)." I mean this is beyond bs, 96-98 was still close to prime MJ and 19-20 year old lebron wasn't close to his prime.