Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. That's an unsubstantiated rumor and it's been proven to be false. Jerry Buss said that the they would do anything to resign Kobe, and that bruised Shaq's ego.

Shaq was 32 years old, going into his 13th year, he showed up to training camp overweight and out of shape and he demanded a max contract extension and he cursed out and publicly called out Jerry Buss during an exhibition game. After the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals, Shaq publicly demanded to be traded because Buss wasn't going to give him maximum money. The Lakers decided to deal him. Kobe actually had already decided to sign with the Clippers, but Buss made a last-ditch effort to Bryant because he knew how disasterous it would be from a public relations standpoint for the Lakers to lose both of their star players in one off-season. Bryant has admitted he talked to Jerry West and West advised him to stay with the Lakers. Buss and Kupchak convinced him they'd rebuild the franchise and bring in top talent. So, he re-signed with the Lakers.

Saying Kobe ran Shaq out of L.A. is the easy scenario that people like to latch on to, but it's pretty far from the actual truth. Also, Shaq didn't "gift" him anything. Without Kobe, he wouldn't have won those 3 rings. In fact it wasn't until Kobe developed into one of the league's premier players that he finally won that elusive ring despite playing with prime Penny Hardaway and then an All-Star back court of Eddie Jones/Nick Van Exel.
    Excellent post. I lived those years in LA and watched it all unfold and this is exactly how it happened.

All of this 16-24 year old revisionist history here that Kobe was carried to rings obviously fits an agenda with Jordan/Lebron stans but it only exists in the nerd bubble that is ISH. Regular people don't go to such inane ends to discredit players. Kobe is a 5 time champ in real world and gets much respect. Not without his own faults, but nothing like what most these idiots on this board spend their waking hours trying to have you believe.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Unhappy Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    lol...guess Kobe couldn't take some of his own medicine, wasn't he cheating on his wife this whole time?

So if a co-worker asked your wife out on a date (meanwhile you're cheating), you would have NO PROBLEMS with that co-worker? You'd say "man I'm mad, but oh well I'm cheating too so guess I can't be a hypocrite."

That's not how real life works you stupid piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    So if a co-worker asked your wife out on a date (meanwhile you're cheating), you would have NO PROBLEMS with that co-worker? You'd say "man I'm mad, but oh well I'm cheating too so guess I can't be a hypocrite."

That's not how real life works you stupid piece of shit.

I love that Kobe at nearly 35 year old and coming off a major injury still has that magic that drives his detractors nuts. Still the biggest name and draw in the NBA

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

No sh*t.

I remember when he called out Pau Gasol in the media in the playoffs one time after Kobe himself had a terrible game. It was hilarious.

lol bunch of idiots in this thread. Funny how Kobe detractors latch onto things that Smush ****ing Parker said about Kobe And who gives a shit what Howard thinks? He's the biggest locker room cancer and malcontent in the NBA.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    saying "its my team" & "I eat first"... That type of attitude is not going to get it done..
    and when did Kobe say this exactly?

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    can't be a stat if it's made up.
    I proved that Kobe was never the MVP of the Lakers, and now in the lack of arguments you're saying that those are made up stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    I proved that Kobe was never the MVP of the Lakers, and now in the lack of arguments you're saying that those are made up stats
    So do the 2006 Lakers without Kobe get higher than the 7 seed? Do they beat the Suns?

Brown
    Odom
    Walton
    Vujacic
    Parker

FOH

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    So do the 2006 Lakers without Kobe get higher than the 7 seed? Do they beat the Suns?

Brown
    Odom
    Walton
    Vujacic
    Parker

FOH
    Yes #1 seed and championship guaranteed

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Just another stat that proves how overrated Kobe is. The bottom line is that prime Kobe could not even win a playoff series in 3 years without the best front court in the NBA and he had prime Odom . That is the truth and nothing can ever change that.

Kobe= most overrated ever. Gasol= 2010 finals MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers

[quote]Los Angeles - In answer to growing criticism that he's shooting too much, the Lakers' Kobe Bryant announced:

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    You're an absolute moron if you think those numbers prove anything.

Without context they are meaningless. Totally useless.

I'll add that besides the fact that the numbers are useless it's amazing you've decided to use numbers that only reflect a very small percentage of games to define a players entire career that's spanned 1,450+games over 17 years

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers

dumb nashty.

using a sample size 1/10th of the juxtaposition for comparisons.