Originally Posted by bladefd
I would not mind getting Gerald Green. He is an unrestricted FA that can play SF.
C: Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Robert Sacre
PF: Julius Randle | Tarik Black | Ryan Kelly
SF: Gerald Green | Nick Young | Anthony Brown
SG: Kobe Bryant | Jordan Clarkson
PG: D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams | Jabari Brown
Definitely a top 10 seed. Would just barely miss the playoffs.
I think Green won't sign back with LA after they waived him a few seasons ago.
Outside of Green, there aren't really any good SFs remaining in free agency. Maybe move Kobe to the 3 spot is our best option. I hope it's something like:
1) Lakers package Robert Sacre + Jabari Brown + Nance Jr + future 2nd round pick to the Pacers for Hibbert. 7 mill remaining in cap space
2) Lakers sign Lou Williams (7 mill). 0 mill remaining in cap space
3) Lakers sign Brandon Bass for veteran's minimum.
4) Lakers resign Jordan Hill using MLE
5) Lakers resign Wayne Ellington using veteran's minimum
6) Lakers S&T Jeremy Lin to Dallas for a future draft pick
D'Angelo Russell | Lou Williams
Jordan Clarkson | Anthony Brown | Wayne Ellington
Kobe Bryant | Nick Young | Ryan Kelly
Julius Randle | Jordan Hill | Brandon Bass
Roy Hibbert | Robert Upshaw | Tarid Black
Kobe operates in the mid post creating for Russell/Clarkson/cutting Randle. Hibbert protects the paint, cleans up the boards and outlet passes to Russell/Clarkson/Randle to run the showtime fastbreak. Lou Williams + Nick Young come in and score 30 pts off the bench with Upshaw/Hill hustling the glass and Brown/Young draining 3s. With declines to Blazers, Clippers and Mavs, that's a playoff team in the West imo. It's good to be hopeful