Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Timberwolves Hint at Trading Mo Williams to Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    It makes sense. It's a lot easier to make the salaries work if the Wolves are sending back Mo at $3.75m as opposed to Martin at $7m.

Love + Mo + Dieng is around $20m.

Wiggins + Waiters + Bennet + Thompson is around $20m.
    Are you high?

Wiggins, Waiters, Bennet, and Thompson?

Wiggins/Bennett and a pick is easily worth Love/Dieng/Mo in this situation.

Shit...the Wolves still win that trade historically actually.

What the **** has gotten into people? And I led the Wiggins for Love brigade when the first started, but I really think most are just blatantly ignorant to the kind of deal most teams in history have gotten here when a star player is forcing his way out.

And Mo being traded doesn't even make sense. It would be Barea or Brewer....probably both.

I really dont want Mo. I mean, if they play at his position, a shooting guard off the bench, hes great. But id rather take Kmarts contract. I think he would be motivated because he is from Ohio and he would be a fourth option behind Lebron, Love and Kyrie. Pretty nice fourth option there. Ill give Wiggins and filler up if we get Love and MartinI back.

Earned not given

Except Mo can't be traded until December because he just signed with the T'Wolves.

Stupid Bleacher Report. Waste of a site...

Not only that, but wasn't Mo notoriously butthurt over the bron to Miami thing?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It makes sense. It's a lot easier to make the salaries work if the Wolves are sending back Mo at $3.75m as opposed to Martin at $7m.

Love + Mo + Dieng is around $20m.

Wiggins + Waiters + Bennet + Thompson is around $20m.
    Would Minnesota consider tossing in Ricky Rubio if we included Irving and James? Good deal for everyone, imo. I might even consider Varejao, but the contracts probably wouldn't work.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Not only that, but wasn't Mo notoriously butthurt over the bron to Miami thing?
    He wasn't the only one. Your team-mates are like your brothers in sport...and some get more emotional than others.

I for one respected how Mo gave the cold shoulder when Lebron tried to say hi to him at his first game back here against us...half the team was all laughing and hugging him, Mo blew him off and basically said F you.

In any case, IF we are losing Wiggins and Bennett for sure, and starting Waiters at the 2-guard, Mo could make a decent sixth man combo-guard type.

Kyrie/Delly/Mo
    Dion/Mo/Delly
    Lebron/Miller/?
    Love/TT/AV
    AV/Dieng/TT

Doesn't look too bad on paper, but I'd still rather keep Wiggins and Bennett.
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 08-01-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

In any case, IF we are losing Wiggins for sure, and starting Waiters at the 2-guard, Mo could make a decent sixth man combo-guard type.
    Why are you even speculating that Mo could be on the Cavs? There is zero chance he gets traded to Cleveland unless the trade doesn't go down until December 15th.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Why are you even speculating that Mo could be on the Cavs? There is zero chance he gets traded to Cleveland unless the trade doesn't go down until December 15th.

Didn't realize that, thanks

So this thread is complete nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I don't see Thompson getting traded.

Either Thompson or Varajao will be moved to make salaries work. The Cavs simply don't have the contracts to move for a player like Love. If the Wolves want to move Love and Martin? That's at least $23m in contracts (assuming Love doesn't get a raise with his extension).

Biggest Cavs contracts not including LeBron or Irving are;

Varejao - $9m
    Bennett - $5m
    Thompson - $5m
    Wiggins - $5m
    Waiters - $4m

Not a lot ways to get to $23m with those contracts.

Da Mavs

Either Thompson or Varajao will be moved to make salaries work. The Cavs simply don't have the contracts to move for a player like Love. If the Wolves want to move Love and Martin? That's at least $23m in contracts (assuming Love doesn't get a raise with his extension).

Biggest Cavs contracts not including LeBron or Irving are;

Varejao - $9m
    Bennett - $5m
    Thompson - $5m
    Wiggins - $5m
    Waiters - $4m

Not a lot ways to get to $23m with those contracts.
    They also brought in the 3 unguaranteed contracts from Utah, specifically for this situation.

As far as we know, Kevin Martin is not considered a deal breaker here. I think they will try to offload JJ Barea though b/c they signed Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Would Minnesota consider tossing in Ricky Rubio if we included Irving and James? Good deal for everyone, imo. I might even consider Varejao, but the contracts probably wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    this.

Cavs wouldn't give up both Bennett and Thompson, it would be either or, and more likely Bennett would be sent over.
    Well that and I think LeBron is looking forward to playing with TT. Plus as you know they have Rich Paul as their agent.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Like I wrote Yesterday their was rumors of Wiggins+bennet plus #1 for Love and Brewer.. Also heard the Cavs would send Brewer and a filler for Center. I like Brewer but he is a 3 and Cavs already have Mike Miller who if Healthy will play so its overkill although Brewer brings Athletic ability and Defense to the spot other than Lebron and fills some of what they lose in Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Like I wrote Yesterday their was rumors of Wiggins+bennet plus #1 for Love and Brewer.. Also heard the Cavs would send Brewer and a filler for Center. I like Brewer but he is a 3 and Cavs already have Mike Miller who if Healthy will play so its overkill although Brewer brings Athletic ability and Defense to the spot other than Lebron and fills some of what they lose in Wiggins.
    Miller can play both the three and two. At least on offense in-my-opinion. I'm sure there will be time wher LeBron and Miller are out there a the same time, so LeBron is either going to play PF while Miller is at SF or LeBron will be at SF while Miller is at SG.

Just think...two more months until pre-season.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I certainly hope no one actually took that Thundercats story seriously. I see it brought up every time Mo is mentioned recently. Poor guy now has that ridiculous story attached to him just because some random parody site decided to put together a piece of fiction. I'm not even sure he is old enough to have watched Thundercats.

And I'm sure he'd be excited about the idea of coming back to the Cavs and competing for titles.