Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Steve Nash is underrated

he's one of those true point guard, where the longevity of the time he spends with his teammates increases their production.

especially during his prime.

so... nothing to see here.

Learning to shoot layups

nash is a atg point He took a very limited roster to the western finals.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

I agree.

IMO, he's definitely a top five PG ever. The only guys I'd take over him at this point are Magic, Oscar, and Isiah. Yep, I'd take him above Stockton or Kidd.

And I don't get why people claim that he's only a system player. He was still a quality player at the age of 36, after both STAT and D'Antoni had left Phoenix. He lead the league in assists in '11.

People don't often acknowledge this, but in his prime, Nash has an argument for greatest offensive player in league history. A terrific passer, a superb ball-handler, and probably the GOAT shooter. He ran the most efficient offenses in league history for several years.

Obviously, his defensive shortcomings somewhat tarnish his legacy, but I don't value PG defense nearly as highly as I do defense from other positions, especially if the player in question holds a large portion of offensive responsibilities, which Nash did. Hell, most people would say Magic is the greatest PG in league history and his defense wasn't much better than Nash's.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    I agree.

IMO, he's definitely a top five PG ever. The only guys I'd take over him at this point are Magic, Oscar, and Isiah. Yep, I'd take him above Stockton or Kidd.

And I don't get why people claim that he's only a system player. He was still a quality player at the age of 36, after both STAT and D'Antoni had left Phoenix. He lead the league in assists in '11.

People don't often acknowledge this, but in his prime, Nash has an argument for greatest offensive player in league history. A terrific passer, a superb ball-handler, and probably the GOAT shooter. He ran the most efficient offenses in league history for several years.

Obviously, his defensive shortcomings somewhat tarnish his legacy, but I don't value PG defense nearly as highly as I do defense from other positions, especially if the player in question holds a large portion of offensive responsibilities, which Nash did. Hell, most people would say Magic is the greatest PG in league history and his defense wasn't much better than Nash's.
    You just lost your god damn mind, son.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    1st tier -- Magic, Oscar

2nd tier -- Cousy, Nash, Stockton, Isiah

3rd tier -- Kidd, Payton, perhaps KJ

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You just lost your god damn mind, son.
    Oh, please.

That's not nearly as controversial a statement as you're making it out to be.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

He's definitely becoming underrated.

For those who bashed Nash for never making the finals, give this a thought.
    Since being drafted, year in year out Nash's team had been battling the likes of Kobe Bryant and the Lakers, Tim Duncan and the Spurs, who took home every NBA championship won by the western conference, (except one by the Mavs) since he played in the NBA.

Nash has had really good team in Phoenix but, guess there's no shame losing to those two legends. Nash did make a couple of WCF, which was as far as he could led his team. And it's not as though he choked or played bad. He and the Suns battled but was never able to overcome the Lakers and Spurs, he came close though.

He's top 10, that's for sure. He's a great point guard, a legend himself. But where he rank in the top 10, I think it's controversy.

High School Starter

He's a very good offensive player and I would say probably top ten pg alltime, surprised some are saying those suns teams were not stacked, they had a big 3 amare was a beast back then and marion was too. Being better then kidd is debatable but I would say stockton, payton and cp3 were better, as for op no way is he underrated he's got two mvps while better alltime pgs I mentioned have none which would point to more like being overrated

Steve nash is arguably the best shooter of all time

Nash entered the 50/40/90 Club 4! times in his career

and he leads the NBA in FT% all time

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    1st tier -- Magic, Oscar

2nd tier -- Cousy, Nash, Stockton, Isiah

3rd tier -- Kidd, Payton, perhaps KJ

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    LOL @ top 5 PG
    one of the most overrated players ever. System player one of the worst players in the league as soon as he leaves Phoenix gets exposed. Dallas let him go b/c his defense cost them series
    Some of the dumbest shit I ever read.

Few players were as snakebit as Nash was. This loss in 2010 to the Lakers in the WCF was particularly heartbreaking.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww_xWQsw_WM
    Nash willed that team to greatness and they were very mediocre.

The Amare, Diaw suspensions also kept them from beating the Spurs.

His last season in Dallas was sad too as the roster was so messed up they started Antoine Walker at center.

Excuses are like assholes, we all have one and know one, but Nash had an exemplary career, and few players were better ambassadors, role models, or displayed the work ethic and professionalism he did.

I think if people are arguing him as one of the great PGs then he is properly rated.

it is splitting hairs between him, Payton, Kidd etc.

They are all a notch below Magic, Zeke and Oscar.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 08-01-2014 at 05:43 AM.

LOL @ top 5 PG
    one of the most overrated players ever. System player one of the worst players in the league as soon as he leaves Phoenix gets exposed.
    Steve is a great mentor, look at old Dirk footage, he was an awkard shy beta kid from Germany and Nash mentored him to the player he is today.

That idiot Howard didn't want to practice Freethrows with the GOAT FT shooter in Nash.

Banned

LOL @ top 5 PG
    one of the most overrated players ever. System player one of the worst players in the league as soon as he leaves Phoenix gets exposed. Dallas let him go b/c his defense cost them series

Magic, Oscar, Stockton, CP, Kidd and Payton were all better, all around PGs
    Nash is on the next tier on the same level as KJ
    This post is retarded.

They would've won 02-03 if Dirk didn't get hurt... and Dallas didn't resign him because of idiot Marc Cuban's hubris.

Nash is better than Kidd and Payon and putting Chris Paul in that conversation is laughable (he's the literal definition of overrated).
    Last edited by masonanddixon; 08-01-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Efficient but not dominant.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    This post is retarded.

They would've won 02-03 if Dirk didn't get hurt... and Dallas didn't resign him because of idiot Marc Cuban's hubris.

Nash is better than Kidd and Payon and putting Chris Paul in that conversation is laughable (he's the literal definition of overrated).
    Cp3 at his peak pre injury was better then steve nash ever was, doesn't matter what you look at stats, per, eye test