Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Final year Michael Jordan or first year Lebron James

My buddy here learned the word definative from me. This meaning the be all end all statement that can't be debated. Some statements in the NBA are not definative which I've argued with him. For instance Jordan is the GOAT is not a definative statement.

Now please tell me that I'm not crazy in saying this statement is definative. I know that this happens to be one year apart but for the sake of argument let's say that Jordan's final year coincided with Lebron's first year. I said that no GM in the history of the NBA would EVER trade a first year Lebron for a final year Jordan(and Jordan would continue to play one more year or being in the middle of a season and continue playing) and that would be definative. He told me that I contradicted what I normally would tell people that it is not a definative statement. Also saying that this would be a definite possibility that a GM may make.

Now tell me, am I correct that this will never ever happen or should I tell my buddy that he is correct?
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Final year Michael Jordan or first year Lebron James

ya no GM would trade someone with LeBron's potential for likely one championship season with MJ and many more rebuilding years after his retirement.... you'll end up like the Miami Heat these days.... also the Bulls.. they still haven't recovered from the post Jordan/Pippen era..... but if you are asking who is better it would be Jordan without question...

(I assumed you meant the 97-98 Jordan)
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I think he was talking about the 2002-2003 Jordan.

Edit: If it was the '97-'98 Jordan and he was going to play at least two more seasons I'd trade a rookie LeBron for Jordan back then. Only if I was running a team that had a realistic chance at winning.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far

actually, it depends on the team.
if you wanted a title this year, and this year only (suns), you would take jordan and use whatever little he has left in him to lead your franchise to a title.
though if you can wait two to three years, you would take lebron and build your franchise around him. (what cleveland is trying to do :)
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
My buddy here learned the word definative from me.

I hope you spelled it right for him, at least :) It's "definitive"

Only considering one year? MJ in his last Bull-year was definitely better, and I'd take Wizard MJ over rookie Bron as well.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
I hope you spelled it right for him, at least :) It's "definitive"

Only considering one year? MJ in his last Bull-year was definitely better, and I'd take Wizard MJ over rookie Bron as well.

lol, thanks spelling is not my forte.

I meant Jordan's final year, meaning the 40 year old Jordan for a rookie Lebron James.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

I'm assuming you're saying if you could have only one season with either guy:

Michael Jordan(2002-03)
-20.0 PPG
-6.1 RPG
-3.8 APG
-1.5 SPG
-0.5 BPG
-44.5% FG

LeBron James(2003-04)
-20.9 PPG
-5.5 RPG
-5.9 APG
-1.6 SPG
-0.7 BPG
-41.7% FG

I'd take Jordan. More experience and more reliable.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
I'm assuming you're saying if you could have only one season with either guy:

Michael Jordan(2002-03)
-20.0 PPG
-6.1 RPG
-3.8 APG
-1.5 SPG
-0.5 BPG
-44.5% FG

LeBron James(2003-04)
-20.9 PPG
-5.5 RPG
-5.9 APG
-1.6 SPG
-0.7 BPG
-41.7% FG

I'd take Jordan. More experience and more reliable.

I more meant to continue your franchise.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

watch the all star game on ESPN Classic.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I more meant to continue your franchise.

If it's to continue your franchise, LeBron is the obvious choice. LeBron was 19 and Jordan was 40. If it was for only one season, Jordan was still at least equal to LeBron in terms of numbers, but more reliable and more efficient.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
If it's to continue your franchise, LeBron is the obvious choice. LeBron was 19 and Jordan was 40. If it was for only one season, Jordan was still at least equal to LeBron in terms of numbers, but more reliable and more efficient.

Seriously? Even if Jordan was more effecient that year a 40 year old Jordan doesn't garauntee a Championship. You would trade a garaunteed franchise player in hopes you might win a title on the back of a 40 Jordan? That seems a little far fetched, or maybe I'm being too critical.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #12
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

The thread sounds agenda-driven.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #13
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i consider 97-98 as jordan's final year, and 97-98 jordan is still goat. he could prolly bring 2 more championships to chicago had they kept that team, so yeah i'm taking jordan.

you shouldnt be even discussing about wether you'd build your franchise on a 40-yr-old guy (no matter how good he is) over a very good 19 year old
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: