Default The twins are staying @ kentucky

Default Re: The twins are staying @ kentucky

have fun not making millions morons.

Next year's Kentucky is very deep, it should be interesting.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

Yeah instead, get another year of college in. Get higher next years draft, and make more millions :)

Yeah lol.....

Damn, Dakari, Lee, Poythress, Harrison's & WCS all coming back

Decent playground baller iBandwagon's Avatar

Can't wait till they hit the big league, but staying a year was wise.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I was a bit underwhelmed by them this year. And I was quite looking forward the PG one, Andrew? Anyway, I've always had a fondness for big PGs. But the jumpers needed work, and they lacked explosion, which is generally ok for a bigger PG, but they lacked it more than I expected, plus he mopes a lot, which is definitely not good for a guy that size. He should be bullying guys and causing them to put out the bad body language. Obviously things got better as the year went on. Hopefully the extra year helps him out.

I was expecting a prospect showdown between Harrison and Marcus Smart as big PGs. Smart didn't impress this year the way I'd hoped. And I'm not even one to get too outraged over the temper issues. But the jumper did not improve the way everyone had expected.
    However, the aggressiveness, and physicality, that Smart plays with, he uses his size and strength, is something Andrew Harrison needs to improve on. Smart isn't a monster in terms of pop athleticism either (although he seems to have more than either Harrison), but in exchange he uses the physical advantages he does have. And skill set wise there's some similarities. I'd actually say Harrison gets a bit of a nod because I think he's got a touch more vision.

Oddly, the third guy to me in this mix was Dante Exum, and he moved furthest up, almost it seems by not being seen. Perhaps a case of the grass being greener.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I was a bit underwhelmed by them this year. And I was quite looking forward the PG one, Andrew? Anyway, I've always had a fondness for big PGs. But the jumpers needed work, and they lacked explosion, which is generally ok for a bigger PG, but they lacked it more than I expected, plus he mopes a lot, which is definitely not good for a guy that size. He should be bullying guys and causing them to put out the bad body language. Obviously things got better as the year went on. Hopefully the extra year helps him out.

I was expecting a prospect showdown between Harrison and Marcus Smart as big PGs. Smart didn't impress this year the way I'd hoped. And I'm not even one to get too outraged over the temper issues. But the jumper did not improve the way everyone had expected.
    However, the aggressiveness, and physicality, that Smart plays with, he uses his size and strength, is something Andrew Harrison needs to improve on. Smart isn't a monster in terms of pop athleticism either (although he seems to have more than either Harrison), but in exchange he uses the physical advantages he does have. And skill set wise there's some similarities. I'd actually say Harrison gets a bit of a nod because I think he's got a touch more vision.

Oddly, the third guy to me in this mix was Dante Exum, and he moved furthest up, almost it seems by not being seen. Perhaps a case of the grass being greener.
    Good insight.

Wish you posted in the nba forum.

Mitch McGary is leaving because if he doesn't, he's suspended next year due to failed drug test
    He's pretty talented but he is a white guy with a high motor... rich man's Tyler Hansbrough? I say rich man's because he has a lot more athleticism. He is not as psycho either.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Mitch McGary is leaving because if he doesn't, he's suspended next year due to failed drug test
    He's pretty talented but he is a white guy with a high motor... rich man's Tyler Hansbrough? I say rich man's because he has a lot more athleticism. He is not as psycho either.
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this. He get's a 1 year suspension for testing positive for Pot one time during the NCAA tournament in which he wasn't playing.

The NCAA is losing a good player because of their ridiculous rules. He was obviously planning on returning until this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this. He get's a 1 year suspension for testing positive for Pot one time during the NCAA tournament in which he wasn't playing.

The NCAA is losing a good player because of their ridiculous rules. He was obviously planning on returning until this happened.
    Exactly man, he was such a huge part in their run last year. I think they would have got to at least the championship game had he played. Michigan was that close. What was the reason he didn't play? Was it injury or some violations?

I see a mid first round pick. As a Knicks fan if they had their pick, I might have taken a chance on him

I wonder if Poythress can really become a wing player next year, will be extremely important.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Smart, their stock took a hit.