Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: A Clippers fan's take on the Sterling drama

how do you think tmz even ****ing leaked the phone call?

its obvious sterling's girlfriend recorded it and sent it to tmz.

use some common sense

The part I don't get is that Sterling has to realize that there is a minority in every picture this girl takes with someone.

You're clearly writing this from the vantage point of an exasperated basketball fan opposed to pragmatically. I grasp your frustrations my friend. The timing for something of this magnitude to leak could be no worse but this whole ordeal is bigger than the Clippers playoff aspirations. TMZ is a business and much like any corporation, they're only concern is centred on the bottom line. This story made a monster splash, thus they reap the rewards accordingly.

I sympathize with you because you seem like a decent dude who truly cares about his team/city but you have to recognize that the business world has no heart...

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    how do you think tmz even ****ing leaked the phone call?

its obvious sterling's girlfriend recorded it and sent it to tmz.

use some common sense
    Oh it was obviously pre-meditated on the gf's part. Notice she never sounded angry or lost her cool throughout the entire phone conversation - she likely knew she could bait him into saying something stupid and then sold the call to TMZ for profit.

Sterling's always been a racist, this much isn't shocking, but I agree that we shouldn't pretend like the gf was leaking this phone call out because she wanted the world to know how terrible Sterling was. She was ought for $$$

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    You're clearly writing this from the vantage point of an exasperated basketball fan opposed to pragmatically. I grasp your frustrations my friend. The timing for something of this magnitude to leak could be no worse but this whole ordeal is bigger than the Clippers playoff aspirations. TMZ is a business and much like any corporation, they're only concern is centred on the bottom line. This story made a monster splash, thus they reap the rewards accordingly.

I sympathize with you because you seem like a decent dude who truly cares about his team/city but you have to recognize that the business world has no heart...
    Now this is a great post. Thanks man. It's just frustrating. But yeah in the end I guess business is a dog eat dog world

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Now this is a great post. Thanks man. It's just frustrating. But yeah in the end I guess business is a dog eat dog world
    Indeed it is sir.

The best case scenario is that the team spins this mess into a positive and channels their disdain for their boss into a solid run at the championship. And I could think of no better coach than Doc to man this ship. His remarks in that scrum today couldn't have been better delivered.

When the hell did I say that? I said their timing to release a private phone call was bad. For the fans, the players, and the game.
    I think it's the perfect time. It'll show us who really cares to resolve this issue within the league. Couldn't of happened at a better time to see who really wants to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Indeed it is sir.

The best case scenario is that the team spins this mess into a positive and channels their disdain for their boss into a solid run at the championship. And I could think of no better coach than Doc to man this ship. His remarks in that scrum today couldn't have been better delivered.
    Agreed. Doc is the man. And just because I'm saying it's a private conversation does not mean I agree with him in any way. If love to see a new owner as most Clippers fans would.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I think it's the perfect time. It'll show us who really cares to resolve this issue within the league. Couldn't of happened at a better time to see who really wants to do something about it.
    This is a great counter point to my argument. I didn't think of it that way. Good post man.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Let's be honest, Sterling has a history of Racism and getting away with it. It needs to stop by any means necessary. It's just unfortunate the Clippers are at the forefront.
    http://www.blazersedge.com/2014/4/26...a-community-do

This is by far the best article I've read. Or at least, most relevant to the white fans of the NBA.

It really does suck for the Clippers. The players deserve the support of their fans now more than ever with them potentially poised to make a splash in the playoffs...and now this. They did nothing wrong and they're going to be the ones on the NBA side of it who pay the most dearly unless Sterling is dealt with.

But you can't go blaming TMZ for this. They're a news outlet, or at least what passes as one in this day and age, and their job is to get this stuff out before anybody else does. If they sit on it until the Clips are done, this high-falutin' hoe would have just sold it to someone else...then they paid all that money for her tape and get nothing out of it. They had to release it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    It really does suck for the Clippers. The players deserve the support of their fans now more than ever with them potentially poised to make a splash in the playoffs...and now this. They did nothing wrong and they're going to be the ones on the NBA side of it who pay the most dearly unless Sterling is dealt with.

But you can't go blaming TMZ for this. They're a news outlet, or at least what passes as one in this day and age, and their job is to get this stuff out before anybody else does. If they sit on it until the Clips are done, this high-falutin' hoe would have just sold it to someone else...then they paid all that money for her tape and get nothing out of it. They had to release it.
    This is true too. I guess I'm just salty because the team and players I root for are on the butt end of this. I just thought about how she would have sold it to someone else instead too. If TMZ didn't broadcast it, some other news outlet would probably love to.

Honestly I'm more pissed off at TMZ than Sterling

Banned

Owners will force him out. Not even look in that direction for any roster deals, good or not.

This team is for sale man! Scarred beyond repair!!! From all facets of business operations to performance. All that stuff just hit the fan.

No way this franchise can demand respect and lure employees / competitors with this CEO being at the helm...IN A FRICKING LIBERATED CITY LIKE LOS ANGELES TOO.

LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shitty franchise with an even shittier owner. Feel bad for all the dedicated Clipper fans...

NOT! This is Lakertown baby! Get this racist POS franchise outta here!