Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728
    Banned

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

, this dude BULLS really sounds like he believes the sh*t he's writing.

How creepy is that?

Banned

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

Chicago Bulls seems to win after trade. They send Ben Wallce's contract. Ben Gordon is now happy:)

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

On nba 2k8 i always try to trade for gooden.... hes not all star but he has a good jump shot and is smart... if you watched last years play-offs gooden was a big part of cavs winning.. A VERY BIG PART. Lebron will be unhappy having a no hope scorer in place of gooden...

so points for paxson...

Ben wallace - replaced by Drew gooden = A+
    -no scorer to good scorer

Joe smith - He was a vet but could not play 30+ minutes without some kind of old man effect. that with the fact that he is about to retire in the next few years. he is a good scorer though and has a nice jump shot... Cavs get a good one....

-But... this frees up play time for tyrus thomas... I dont care what anyone says if tyrus thomas is in the mood to stop shots he can do it to the best of teams ive seen it alot where teams literaly get mad at thomas for being so good defensively A+ for paxson I LIKE TO WATCH NOAH TOO>>>>>

Next part of the trade LARRY HUGHS... maybe he is a bust and has alot of potential not being used... He isnt the bull's first option either.. He actualy is gonna have to earn his time off the bench if he can... Hinrich > hughs gordon > hughs sefelosha > hughs... BUT ive watched countless games where duhon cant buy a basket. SO

REPLACING Duhon with hughs = team gets better A+ for paxson

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jordan Pippen Rodman's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

everybody and their Mother thinks the bulls will lose to the rockets tonight so we'll see what happens with gooden and hughes playing...it would be awesome if chicago was able to get a W.

the bulls might play a lot of Gray on Yao but they can play Noah at Center and run Yao right off of the floor. it will be a fun game tonight, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    hes not all star but he has a good jump shot and is smart... if you watched last years play-offs gooden was a big part of cavs winning.. A VERY BIG PART.
    No mentally sane Cavs fan would say that Gooden is smart. He's talented but he has a case for most clueless player in the league. It's really frustrating cos if he had a decent bball IQ he could be a good player, but too many times you'll watch him play and say "WTF ?" or "Damn it Drew !!! " He has a nice baseline shot but when he has an open shot from 18 feet he often dribbles right into his man or a double team and launches a heavily contested 15 footer. Things like that. And he can be horrible on defense. He's one of the worst help defenders in the league, he often misses rotations. And he's inconsistent. He can totally dissapear for 5-6 games and then come back with a 20/10 game. You just can't trust the guy. There's a reason why he was never on the floor during crunch time.

And Drew a big part of the Cavs run last year ? He was great in the 1st round, played well against NJ in the semis but was not a difference maker. Miki Moore had a great series against him, he averaged 14.8 points on 60% shooting. Miki Moore ! And against Detroit in the ECF Gooden only averaged 9.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and a 44.4 FG%. And still with his below-average defense. I don't know why you say he was a very big part of the Cavs run.

I miss the man but I certainly don't miss the player. Same with Hughes

Gooden just didn't fit in with what the Cavs were doing. he was not the #1 post option in cleveland behind Big Z. and we all know Cleveland's entire play book consists of plays that simply have players clear out of the way for LeBron. in chicago, they'll actually be sharing the ball and gooden can be a 1st post up option if he wants. the cavs never run, but gooden can run with the best of them. that's why he was a star at Kansas with Kirk Hinrich.

to be fair, chicago couldn't use ben wallace correctly because they didn't have any RIP Hamilton's or LeBron James' to balance out his ego. Ben Wallace could be great for Cleveland, but at the end of the day he's really old and is the worst offensive player in NBA History, including free throw percentage so i wonder how much he can help the cavs.

hughes will be free to play his wild style from DC in chicago. he can run up and down the court and slash to the basket at will. in cleveland, he was forced to be a 3rd option and settle for jump shots when lebron james got in a jam. in chicago, he'll be free to attack the basket since he is a big guard and excellent ball handler. he won't be sitting around the perimeter just waiting for a jump shot.

joe smith, if used properly, can be automatic. but i have a feeling he'll get lost in the shuffle. it was real easy to drain buckets when you were often the 1st scoring option for the chicago bulls but now he's got to play next to Bron and that could mess with him a little bit. like when to take the open 18 foot jumper and when to pass to LeBron. also, Paxson was smart. he sold HIGH on Joe Smith. his stock had peaked.
    Last edited by Jordan Pippen Rodman; 02-24-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    No mentally sane Cavs fan would say that Gooden is smart. He's talented but he has a case for most clueless player in the league. It's really frustrating cos if he had a decent bball IQ he could be a good player, but too many times you'll watch him play and say "WTF ?" or "Damn it Drew !!! " He has a nice baseline shot but when he has an open shot from 18 feet he often dribbles right into his man or a double team and launches a heavily contested 15 footer. Things like that. And he can be horrible on defense. He's one of the worst help defenders in the league, he often misses rotations. And he's inconsistent. He can totally dissapear for 5-6 games and then come back with a 20/10 game. You just can't trust the guy. There's a reason why he was never on the floor during crunch time.

And Drew a big part of the Cavs run last year ? He was great in the 1st round, played well against NJ in the semis but was not a difference maker. Miki Moore had a great series against him, he averaged 14.8 points on 60% shooting. Miki Moore ! And against Detroit in the ECF Gooden only averaged 9.2 points, 5.0 rebounds and a 44.4 FG%. And still with his below-average defense. I don't know why you say he was a very big part of the Cavs run.

I miss the man but I certainly don't miss the player. Same with Hughes
    we dont need him as #1 option thats what cavs did though.. we need him for 20 minutes of smart good plays and he can do that.. By the way mikki moore had 65% fg% all year last year he was the best in the entire NBA at shooting..

we dont need him as #1 option thats what cavs did though..
    Drew never had a play designed for him when he was a Cavs.

By the way mikki moore had 65% fg% all year last year he was the best in the entire NBA at shooting..
    Oh yeah sorry I forgot about that. Although it was actually 60.9%.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

we dont need him as #1 option thats what cavs did though.. we need him for 20 minutes of smart good plays and he can do that.. By the way mikki moore had 65% fg% all year last year he was the best in the entire NBA at shooting..
    After watching Drew in nearly every one of his games for the last few years, I can guarantee you that, if you are looking for ANY 'smart minutes,' you are going to be terribly disappointed.

He has excellent skill, but ZERO basketball IQ and will almost constantly frustrate you with his brain farts.

I wish him luck, though. Larry, too... Both seem like great guys. That doesn't mean that I didn't do a cartwheel when I heard about this trade, though.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 02-24-2008 at 04:29 PM.

he doesn't have to have high basketball IQ to run up and down the court and score baskets like he did at Kansas with Kirk Hinrich. in cleveland's slowed down ugly halfcourt game, you need high basketball IQ. two totally different systems...

Root Of All Evil

I can't stand my Chicago Bulls, and it continues to get worse. Lets add injury riddled, fat contract having Larry Hughes, and Drew Gooden's punk ass. God damn Paxson is frusterating. He better be stacking pieces to move. But if he refuses to move his babies (Deng and Gordon) to get something better, I'll be pissed. I'd straight up trade Deng and BG for the opportunity to draft Eric Gordon.

Bump