Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: The NBA Artificially Inflating Player's Heights Is Getting Ridiculous

Gallinari is pretty damn tall, like right there with Mozgov...

Default Re: The NBA Artificially Inflating Player's Heights Is Getting Ridiculous

I honestly only care enough to say I don't care. I could care less about their listed heights and what-not.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

NBA always lists players taller than what they actually are, it happens but it is rare to see an NBA player be listed shorter than what he actually is.

Kevin Durant is one of the players that is definitely listed shorter than what he actually is. He is listed as 6'9 but he is at least 6'10, but I am pretty sure he is 6'11 though.

Dwyane Wade is 6'2 from what I heard although I am pretty sure he is at least 6'3. People who have met him say the guy is barely taller than 6'2, so he is probably 6'3. Not that it matters, even if he was 6'4 he is still pretty undersized.

Banned

Gallinari is sure damn tall for 6-8 though.

so how long until you start calling people racist and pick some random european player to start repping Lakas?

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    It's no secret that NBA players are listed taller than they actually are. It's been like that for ages.

These are some of examples:
    Larry Johnson listed at 6'7 was actually 6'4.
    Hakeem Olajuwon listed at 7'0 was actually 6'10
    etc......
    LJ wasnt 6'4. Like 6'5 and change.

It's simple guys. http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...0&pos=0&sort=8

Has all their heights. Look, nowadays they measure guys barefoot and in shoes and give their height in shoes, therefore you can take off at least 1 inch to everyone's listed height. Some guys could have grown a bit so you have to take that into account, but most guys at 18 aren't going to grow much more. Dwight was 6'9 without shoes at the camp, 6'10.5 in shoes and they rounded up to give him his 6'11. Lucky for him he has the reach of someone 7'0 or taller and an amazing wingspan making his PF like height not a big deal.

Back in the day they measured most guys in barefeet. This is why you see Kobe at least an inch taller than most guys listed at 6'6... This is why you see KG listed at 6'11 towering over Dwight (KG is like 6'11.5 without shoes).

bottom line they aren't inflating heights, they are just measuring them in shoes. I'm guessing Europe doesn't do that. I don't know why they started doing it in the first place... probably just to make them seem so superhuman.

Andrea Bargnani is a legit 7 Footer. Had his height checked at Sick Kids hospital for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Chili Dog
    JJ Barea: listed at 6 ft, but is definitely no taller than 5'10. More likely 5'9. And I am 6 ft and have stood next to the guy before.

nah, he is 5'10 for sure.

stood face to face with him when he was out of shoes several times and he is the exact same height as my brother.

most of the NBA heights seem to be measuring the players with their shoes on.

It has been this way for some time.

Some players could in fact grow. Or Euro could be using heights without shoes vs NBA using WITH shoes.

etc.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Barefeet - yes. If you see him standing next to Lebron there is no more than inch between them
    you're an idiot

LeBron is clearly shorter than Boozer who is 6'8 1/2

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Barefeet - yes. If you see him standing next to Lebron there is no more than inch between them

lol I think they had Dwight stand on a stoolie or dug a ditch for Lebron there

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Why are people so obsessed with heights?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    you're an idiot

LeBron is clearly shorter than Boozer who is 6'8 1/2
    Look how big their feet are.

Danilo Gallinari looked taller than Amar'e at times. I wouldn't be surprised if he was 6'9" and change in his bare feet.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey

lol I think they had Dwight stand on a stoolie or dug a ditch for Lebron there
    That actually seems in line with the Beijing photo. Dwight was pretty young when he entered the league, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a little taller. He got bigger in every other way after all.