Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Who are the favorites?

In the atlantic division.

This question was asked in the Raptors forum and most people seemed to think it was NJ. What is everyone's thoughts here?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: Who are the favorites?

It's too early to tell.

There are some moves to be made.

Once the rosters are sorted out it will be easier to make a prediction. To do so right now is kind of dumb.

Predictions themselves are kind of dumb but everybody does it. To do so nows is like really, really dumb.

What if the Nets sign a really good big man without having to trade one of the big three?

Yes then I would think they are the favorites, but to me they are just a year older and a big man short right now. But barring injuries they are dangerous, Jefferson is always hurt, Kidd is great but he's really breaking down and his minutes have to be limited. I don't think Williams is that good and he's not ready. They have big men but nobody that can really do much, a lot of role players at the PF/C.

Toronto is a facade, talent but no big time defensive presence you need to move deep into the playoff. Bosh is not the guy, he's the other guy so to speak. They don't have toughness on that team, nor a real scorer go to guy. They are a good team that will win a lot of games but when they go against a tough minded defensive team they don't match up. Bosh is not a real inside presence.

Boston has nothing but some good shooters and role players, no real post players or people in the paint that can control a game offensively or defensively.

Philly has really nothing to speak of, plus they are kind of soft. Some good players but no go to guy that can rally a team. Nobody even close to a 20 point a game player and they are really young right now, a lot of rookies on that squad this season. Rebuild.....

The Knicks have a lot of pieces that need to be pulled together. If they can stay healthy and pull those pieces together with the addition of Randolph and a healthy Lee, combined with an improved Curry they have the best front court in the conference and are going to be hard to stop. Nobody in the east has the muscle to stop the Knicks inside presence. Add the outside touch and some defense and you have a very dangerous team that can make some real noise. A lot of ifs and potential, a lot of muscle and attitude though and that can wear other teams down. If they stop letting teams out score them so much in the first quarter they will win a lot more games. Pull it together and the east is theirs. If they don't it's going to be a long season of frustration.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:50 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
It's too early to tell.

Toronto is a facade, talent but no big time defensive presence you need to move deep into the playoff. Bosh is not the guy, he's the other guy so to speak. They don't have toughness on that team, nor a real scorer go to guy. They are a good team that will win a lot of games but when they go against a tough minded defensive team they don't match up. Bosh is not a real inside presence.

The Knicks have a lot of pieces that need to be pulled together. If they can stay healthy and pull those pieces together with the addition of Randolph and a healthy Lee, combined with an improved Curry they have the best front court in the conference and are going to be hard to stop. Nobody in the east has the muscle to stop the Knicks inside presence. Add the outside touch and some defense and you have a very dangerous team that can make some real noise. A lot of ifs and potential, a lot of muscle and attitude though and that can wear other teams down. If they stop letting teams out score them so much in the first quarter they will win a lot more games. Pull it together and the east is theirs. If they don't it's going to be a long season of frustration.
Firstly, in the east a big-time defensive presence is not needed to get deep into the playoffs. and second, the Knicks don't have one either. Zach Randolph is not known as a big time defensive presence, and neither is Curry or Lee. Randolph and Lee are rebounders yes, but neither of them are exceptional on the defensive end.

Anyways, it was just a question. To me it's always interesting to make predictions and see how close or how far off they are when its all said and done.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:44 AM   #4
HKSVIP
I usually hit open layups

1-Cavs
2-Bulls
3-Miami
4-Nets
5-Raptors
6-Knicks
7-Pistons
8-Magic
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

First thing has to be done before a prediction thread should ever be made is wait until we have the legal number of players on tap first.

We have 17. 2 more than legal.

I don't think there will be any waiving of players. There is another trade on the way.

Whomever we aquire and whom we lose is gonna be key.

I don't think Zeke is gonna sit the whole summer with 17 players. Of course the new players can't be traded for 30 days.

I really can't say at all who are the favorites.

As far as the Atlantic division goes.....
1) There is no dominant team whatsoever, so how is there a favorite???
2) Every team in the Atlantic is flawed. If you don't believe that chances are you are being a homer or you don't watch basketball enough.
3) The Atlantic division is the worst division in the whole league.

Alot of things could happen to change that. Several teams have made significant moves for the better.

If they figure out how to get thier pieces in cohesion, it will be fun to watch.

But IMO there is no favorite, way too soon for this thread.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

if the knicks can gel together and get chemistry. we can win this division.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
jt24
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
In the atlantic division.

This question was asked in the Raptors forum and most people seemed to think it was NJ. What is everyone's thoughts here?

the raptors and nets
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

people are writing the sixers off but they are a dangerous young team. i really like that team with Miller, one of the most underrated pgs in the league and probably 3rd best passer. Iquodola, basically a mini-Lebron. He rebounds, he passes, he drives, he shoots, and he plays defense. I really like him and I think he'll be a franchise player eventually. Their front-court could use some work, but Carney, Korver, and Dalembert are all good young players that will only get better as time moves on.

This team really gelled at the end of the year, and almost made the playoffs. They had a fantastic post-allstar break record.

I'm just saying that people need to watch out for this team, if they can make a trade for someone like Pau Gasol, they're a contender in the East.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
if the knicks can gel together and get chemistry. we can win this division.

which has been the case for the last two years
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: