Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What are the Jordan stans cheering for?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Oh come on. LeBron is still 10x more threatening to MJ fans than Curry is. This is an easy decision for them.
    um, no. lebron had his chance. colluding, flopping, being outplayed by role players and just straight up losing ended that awhile ago.

This is how you know this series is in their heads. The stan ones come in the thread defending themselves by saying they ain't threatened. Lol. Obvious is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    um, no. lebron had his chance. colluding, flopping, being outplayed by role players and just straight up losing ended that awhile ago.
    this confirms it. You guys are more scared of Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Oh come on. LeBron is still 10x more threatening to MJ fans than Curry is. This is an easy decision for them.
    "threatening"

MJ sweatin bullets

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

They should want Curry to win. He got his start way too late to achieve GOAT status + the defensive side of the ball. Already 28. IMO he deserved the FMVP but lost out on that too. If LeBron wings another ring? Things could become interesting again. Doubt that happens tho, GS the better team.

LeBron ruined his chance at GOAT most likely against the Mavericks. '07 people understand the Cavs had no business winning. Cleveland was so injured last year nobody's going to blame LeBron. On ISH sure, but ISH doesn't decide anything. People won't punish him for going to Miami or coming back to Cleveland in 15 years.

LeBron had a legitimate shot and lost it. Curry won't dethrone Jordan, best case he matches him offensively but comes up short defensively. LeBron while unlikely still has age on his side. He's been a freak his entire career, if he keeps it up and sticks around another 7-8 years making finals, winning chips, grabs another MVP, has a few more great seasons? Mainstream media could give it to him. He's got the brand. I don't know about the rings, MVP's etc. but I still have a feeling we see a Magicesque season from LeBron. Like 15/11/9 or something like that when he's older.

All pretty meaningless. Jordan's will be near the top, LeBron will be near the top, Curry's already the GOAT shooter and has one of the best peaks. Giving his game I could see him climbing into the top 20 eventually cause he should age well, well if his body holds up.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    On what? 1/1 with 0 FMVPs. Dude needs 3-4 more chips buddy and an actual FMVP before we even notice.
    He has 2 things that Jordan doesn't have- 73 wins and a UMVP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Couldn't care less.
    This. Couldn't give a shit either way.

Bron stans better pray hard that the Cavs win. 1) Bron might be making another 'decision' if they get blown out '14 style 2) Many basketball Historians will use Steph's 2-0 record in the finals against Bron as proof of him being the superior player.

If Bron wins, then he's still under .500 in the finals and is chasing Magic's 5/9 and Bean's 5/7 records.

Either way... Meh.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

All pretty meaningless. Jordan's will be near the top, LeBron will be near the top, Curry's already the GOAT shooter and has one of the best peaks. Giving his game I could see him climbing into the top 20 eventually cause he should age well, well if his body holds up.
    Good analysis. I am an MJ stan who accepts Curry is the GOAT shooter and that Lebron is a top 8 player. I think Curry has a chance for top 10-15 if he can win another chip or two, but he has peak time against his side.

That being said, I can't wait to watch these finals and hope it goes 7 games for sheer drama. I think Curry comes out on top, but would not at all be upset if Lebron finally overcomes all the demons and puts together an all time great performance...And wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    He has 2 things that Jordan doesn't have- 73 wins and a UMVP.

Son, please.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    This. Couldn't give a shit either way.

Bron stans better pray hard that the Cavs win. 1) Bron might be making another 'decision' if they get blown out '14 style 2) Many basketball Historians will use Steph's 2-0 record in the finals against Bron as proof of him being the superior player.

If Bron wins, then he's still under .500 in the finals and is chasing Magic's 5/9 and Bean's 5/7 records.

Either way... Meh.
    That's not how it works

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Son, please.

Best possible scenario here is Warriors lose but Irving outplays James and wins FMVP.

Steph Curry is Jordan's grandson. Kobe being the father. It's a spiritual line of greatness.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    I'm hoping for something I doubt I'll see: a highly competitive, high IQ chess match between two deserving champions led by leaders (Curry, Lebron) that respect each other but also want to show the other who the MVP of the league really is. I want to see the outcome determined by a guy that refuses to lose and plays his best when his team needs it the most.

But I doubt it. I think GS will put their foot on Cleveland's neck. I hope I'm wrong, though. Last time I was totally surprised was 2004 when Detroit manhandled LA. I was slightly less surprised in 2008 when Boston won. Maybe this year will surprise me.
    Same.

I hope Lebron and company actually back up what they said about wanting to face GSW. You can't come out and say that then get smashed.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    "threatening"

MJ sweatin bullets
    MJ fans, dumbass. Learn to read. And yes, LeBron is absolutely more threatening to MJ fans than Curry currently is. Doesn't mean LeBron's better or an equal or whatever-the-**** if he wins, it's more so a reflection of how MJ fans simply perceive things. A lot of them are playing the "don't care" card right now, but I don't buy that for a second. Wait until the games start. They'll be pro W's all the way in game threads.