Banned

Default English leagues' best players are foreigners...therefore

....imagine if MLS had all these foreigners. They would be just as good as the PL. Take away foreigners and it is the same as MLS.

I think we can fairly evaluate the nations and say that while soccer is very popular in England and that is their national sport but it does not equate being better than the USA.

USA finished 3rd years ago.
    England won the WC years ago.

England has never beaten the USA in serious competition either. Never beat us in the World Cup and time and time again we have proven why we are better.

This WC just cements it.

If England is a powerhouse than we are a freaking powerhouse too.

The funny thing is nobody can make an argument that England is better than us. Domestic league with a bunch of foreigners?

Banned

Default Re: English leagues' best players are foreigners...therefore

USA national team>English national team ever since 2010, though you will never hear a Eurosnob admit it. They still think Rooney is a top 5 player in the world even though he's just England's version of Sidney Sam-average player who randomly scores amazing goals sometimes.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

true

Nobody thinks England is a "powerhouse".

England sucks and so does US

How many more threads like this?

9er and Nick Young are Euroleague of this forum.

9er and Young Sushi are great posters. Have educated me on football and I've learned a lot from them. Two of the best posters on ISH

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

I actually hadn't thought of that. You're right. Take away their foreign players and the MLS is pretty much equal to the PL.

Wonderful thread, I learned something today. Thanks, 9er.

NBA rookie of the year

truth be told, it does seem the best players arent english. The premier league's quality stems from the foreign imports

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    ....imagine if MLS had all these foreigners. They would be just as good as the PL. Take away foreigners and it is the same as MLS.

I think we can fairly evaluate the nations and say that while soccer is very popular in England and that is their national sport but it does not equate being better than the USA.

USA finished 3rd years ago.
    England won the WC years ago.

England has never beaten the USA in serious competition either. Never beat us in the World Cup and time and time again we have proven why we are better.

This WC just cements it.

If England is a powerhouse than we are a freaking powerhouse too.

The funny thing is nobody can make an argument that England is better than us. Domestic league with a bunch of foreigners?
    No it wouldn't, you're a troll and I don't know why I bother even replying briefly, but the EPL clubs have the infrastructure to build teams of englishmen if needed and the foreigner basically kill the english talentpool or do you think just by the time of the Bosman case England stopped having "football-genes"?

The money gets the top notch foreigners, but it's the overall know how that builds good clubs.

Banned

what the **** did I just read? what motivated you to make such a retarded thread?

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    what the **** did I just read? what motivated you to make such a retarded thread?
    accept the facts presented to you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robert de niro
    accept the facts presented to you
    show me a list of english players playing in top tier leagues compared to a list of american players? I don't even understand why you need to feel the need to try to claim your a better football nation than england? What logic is that? Can't you just accept your team is on the outside of a sport that your country doesn't give a shit about? The U.S league is a piece of shit league for over the hill stars and local talent. It's fluff entertainment. It's barely even the same sport as what the premier league is playing when it comes to comparing quality. Just accept it. Same goes for the Australia league and we accept that here.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    show me a list of english players playing in top tier leagues compared to a list of american players? I don't even understand why you need to feel the need to try to claim your a better football nation than england? What logic is that? Can't you just accept your team is on the outside of a sport that your country doesn't give a shit about? The U.S league is a piece of shit league for over the hill stars and local talent. It's fluff entertainment. It's barely even the same sport as what the premier league is playing when it comes to comparing quality. Just accept it. Same goes for the Australia league and we accept that here.
    OP accepts that.

He is arguing the quality of the "English" premier league is derived from players from other countries that than england's national team is not superior to america's national team.

Eg. Suarez boosts the quality of the premier league, but can you really argue he boosts the quality of english football?