Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Retired ISH Legend

Default JVG was right: ROCKETS vs MAVS, Round 1, 2005 WAS ALSO RIGGED!!

Jeff Van Gundy ultimately backed off comments that a referee told him officials had targeted Yao Ming in the Houston Rockets' 2005 first-round playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks. Maybe Van Gundy was right after all.

The letter alleging referees altered games mentions only the year 2005, but the circumstances make it apparent that it is referring to the Rockets-Mavs series.

"Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's owner complained to NBA officials," the letter says. "Team 3's owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

Default Re: JVG was right: ROCKETS vs MAVS, Round 1, 2005 WAS ALSO RIGGED!!

this is gonna be a serious blow for the NBA if these allegations ever make it to the mainstream media. It basically confirms what many NBA fans have already suspected, I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the casual fan. I hope JVG says something about lakers series and the rockets series in his next broadcast. Donaghue (sp?) better be in hiding, i'd expect Stern to have a hit out on him right about now.

Banned

Team 3= Mavs

Team 4 = Rockets

Team 3 Owner = Cuban

Team 4 Player = Yao

Referee Supervisor Z = Ronnie Nunn

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Is The NBA Rigged

Another NBA season has come and gone. Another Season where David Stern and his cohorts in crime have Fixed the outcome of the playoffs. The Miami Heat which probably was not one of the top five teams in the League won the disputed Championship. Now the NBA is selling Dwayne Wade T-shirts, Shaq T-shirts, all sorts of Miami Heat Junk. Since the Playoffs ended some two weeks ago I have Not spoken to one Person who thought the playoffs were fairly officiated . A Quick recap, How many Lane Violation were called so Shaq could receive extra Foul shots.

Does anyone have a Calculator because I loss Track. The Suspension of Jerry Stackhouse for game five. Yes it was a Hard foul , was it Worthy of a Suspension NO. Let me also remind everyone Miami got the benefit of the Cliff Robinson four game Suspension in the New Jersey series . The Phantom foul on Dwayne Wade at the End of game 5 that cost Dallas the game. The Foul Shooting in the Final two games. Miami took 38 more Foul Shots than Dallas the last 2 games. Dwayne Wade took 46 foul shots the final 2 games alone. Dallas whole team only took 48.You want to make a NBA player a Star? Send him to the Foul line 46 times in the Final 2 games. The Game was Not designed for someone to drive the ball to the Basket Recklessly create Contact and than get the benefit of going to the Foul line . Did you realize that during the Regular season the 5 players who got to the Foul line the most were also the 5 players who had the best sales of Game Jerseys . It's All about Money.

According to different News outlets Mark Cuban ran over to David Stern after game 5 yelling at him "your F___ league is Rigged ."

I ask myself sometimes when did this first Start the Fixing of Games ? The Michael Jordan era? Maybe before, I really do Not know. At some Point making Money became more important than having a legitimate competition .

In August we have the World Championships in Japan. The Americans have Not won a Major International tournament in six years. I have just a few questions to ask. Do you think they will call walking on Lebron James at the World Championships ? Do you think Dwayne Wade will get to the Foul line 46 times, not for 2 games but for the whole tournament. Will team USA win the tournament? How will David Stern spin this one ?

This is another point that bothers me because of David Stern & his antics the Stars of the past their accomplishments have now been diminished . How Great was Michael Jordan ? Jordan avg. 17.7 ppg. in college. Jordan was never the Best player in the ACC & for 2 of his 3 seasons at North Carolina he was Not the best player on his Team. Was it All Hype ? Was it the Nike shoe Contract & Endorsement ? Was it David Stern & the NBA giving him every break in the World? So that they could Sell his Jersey, shoes, etc. Jordan avg. 30 points per game in the Pros. How do you play against tougher competition & your scoring avg. go up.

Were the 2006 NBA Finals Rigged ?

I remember JVG and Mark Jackson saying that was not a foul on "KOBE" to Ray Allen. But they quickly change the topic. I bet a memo from the NBA was sent to them...

Retired ISH Legend

I knew I didn't save this picture for nothing:

if I remember right, Van Gundy was fined 100 thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    yup

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Give me a break. Up 2-0 in the series, Houston had an 8 point lead in BOTH Game 3 and 4 with about 6 minutes left in the game. And they couldn't close it out either time with NOTHING fishy happening! If it was indeed rigged, Dallas would've never been trailing by such a deficit so late in the 4th qtr to begin with. Houston choked period.

Retired ISH Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Give me a break. Up 2-0 in the series, Houston had an 8 point lead in BOTH Game 3 and 4 with about 6 minutes left in the game. And they couldn't close it out either time with NOTHING fishy happening! If it was indeed rigged, Dallas would've never been trailing by such a deficit so late in the 4th qtr.
    Nothing fishy? WTF are you talking about? Did you even watch that series before you decided to post your ill-advised comment?

Yao Ming got sent straight to the bench with foul trouble everytime his foot touched the court. The few minutes he was in the game, he was absolutely DOMINANT.

I also seem to recall Michael Finley jumping in from OUT OF BOUNDS to strip the ball, THEN draw a foul call on the Rockets in the shuffle for the ball. Nothing fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    Yep, and T-Mac and Yao mysteriously got injured the next season missing tons of action and causing the Rockets to miss the playoffs.

van gundy should sue the nba and take the crown from stern.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by RIMMER
    I also seem to recall Michael Finley jumping in from OUT OF BOUNDS to strip the ball, THEN draw a foul call on the Rockets in the shuffle for the ball. Nothing fishy...
    Have you ANY idea how quickly those kind of plays happen when you're at court level with the players? How little time the refs have to make decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Give me a break. Up 2-0 in the series, Houston had an 8 point lead in BOTH Game 3 and 4 with about 6 minutes left in the game. And they couldn't close it out either time with NOTHING fishy happening! If it was indeed rigged, Dallas would've never been trailing by such a deficit so late in the 4th qtr to begin with. Houston choked period.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eY8qGHU52E

i love the end and how finley makes a spectacular steal....from out of bounds...