Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Kb/jo/lo !!!

ok, so larry legend said he is happy to have jo stay.. obviously he does not want to loose leverage, but he still wants to trade his injury prone star for some valuable parts
he pushed for lamar bynum kwame 1stpick maybe filler for JO and murphy [horrible contract which would be another + for them]

no way the lakers accept this garbage offer, the lakers are waiting till they lower there stance and make it just kwame and lamar or bynum, while indi is hoping they are forced in the the first bad trade

in the end i fee indi wont want JOs value to go any lower and will have to accept bynum kwame and a 1st maybe farmar instead [bieng that the lakers have alot of pgs now]

so with a starting line up of

dfish
kobe
luke
lamar
JO [comfortable at the 5]
with mhim subbing for either LO or JO..

i know alot of you hate the lakers, but for 1 min put that aside and answer this, how far do you think the lakers can go seeing they have the best coach to coach 2 stars with serviceable role players..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kb/jo/lo !!!

If kobe can keeps his ego in check. They could do very well for themselvs.

Kobe is the best in the game hands down. If he would share the ball and be a good leader they could get a 6 or 7 seed I guess. I think the nugs would be better. Rox prob better. of course spurs suns and mavs add Jazz and Gsw damn.

Idk I think they would make the playoffs for sure, but I'm thinking 7 or 8 seeed.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

they would get to the 2nd round...

but seriously, type your posts out in word or something before you post, there were at least 20 errors in that post.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball

Kobe is the best in the game hands down. If he would share the ball and be a good leader they could get a 6 or 7 seed I guess. I think the nugs would be better. Rox prob better. of course spurs suns and mavs add Jazz and Gsw damn.

Idk I think they would make the playoffs for sure, but I'm thinking 7 or 8 seeed.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Lakers are not going to get ONeal and keep Odom.

The Pacers refuse to bend over and pull their pants down
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Yeah..seriously. Odom will be out if they get JO.

Then it will be a repeat of the last few years. Kobe, another good guy who plays half a season, then a pile of hobos. Welcome to the wonderful world of getting picks in between 12-16 until Kobe retires or is traded.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #7
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
Yeah..seriously. Odom will be out if they get JO.

Then it will be a repeat of the last few years. Kobe, another good guy who plays half a season, then a pile of hobos. Welcome to the wonderful world of getting picks in between 12-16 until Kobe retires or is traded.

Well i would take Javaris Critterion over a lot of top 10 picks, same with Bynum

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 07-29-2007 at 04:58 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Lakers are going to need more than an injury prone semi star such as Jermaine O'Neal to overcome the talents of the Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, and even the Jazz.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknc
Lakers are going to need more than an injury prone semi star such as Jermaine O'Neal to overcome the talents of the Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, and even the Jazz.

thats what i hate about people
in the begining of the season i had the jazz winning the north west but never said they were gna get to the conf finals

the suns first year no1 pegged them to have the best record in the league

when they went to the conf finals with out amare and lost every1 said now that amare is back they are forsure gonna win the chip

its all bull $#$@#

its like if amare is traded for KG then ya forsure the suns will win the chip .. but if it doesnt happen then Nothing, and then if they get another player again the same thing they will forsure win a chip

no1 thought toronto was gonna make the play offs now every1 says there gna win the atlantic next year

kobe+jo > tmac + yao .... and thats not saying much seeing that they have yet to get out of the first round!

the only real solid team is the spurs! mavs had jus as successful year last year as the lakers the suns fall short every year and if they dont fins a replacement for nash theres nowhere but downhill especialy with NO draft picks. the rockets are drowning in all there expectations. utah health ywith sloan is always dangerous but still young

either way everyone overestimates the west ...if denver some how gets to the championship b/c of favorable match ups then every1 will be speaking there glory..

if kobe can will 5-10 lotto team into the playoffs ALONE then with just a little help im sure they can win a few rounds especialy if that little help is a big help in JO who wont be a 1st option anymore andwill be able to play normaly
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknc

probably correct.
JO ain't all that. Plus his contract (as compared to his production) is horrible. He may be the most overpaid player in the game. I would think that Indy would be happy to get rid of it for a nice young player or two and cap relief.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #11
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

Everyone likes to label Jermaine O'neil as "injury prone" and how the Lakers can't win with him. These are his last 4 years.

03-04 IND 78
04-05 IND 44 [was suspended 25 games for his part in the Brawl]
05-06 IND 51
06-07 IND 69

He has missed 20% of the regular season games in his last 4 years, due to injury. Thats still 80% of the season he is playing. But Kobe carried the Lakers to the playoffs the past 2 season, basically by himself. Jermaine O'neil would give the Lakers atleast 66 regular season games, which isn't where it matters. Once the Lakers got to the playoffs they would be a dangerous team.

Everyone knows Kobe Bryant can win 1 maybe 2 playoff games all by himself. Everyone said it all last year against the Suns. But with Lamar play a much more fitting role at small forward as the #3 option and a low-post presence in O'neil as the #2 option, the Lakers would definitelly be a team to fear in the playoffs, when it really matters.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #12
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball

Ah, see Cannonball, now your thinking straight!

Really, though, I doubt that they will make much noise next year because even if they do get JO they lose Lamar and that will hurt them in the fluidness of the offense they have running and get rid of the 'point forward'
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: