Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic saying

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Talking Magic saying

I’ve seen a lot of people arguing for Kobe’s case as the greatest Laker based on what Magic said.

Comments like these, when players of this caliber actually say that others are greater than them, do you actually take them seriously? I sure don’t take them seriously and just figure they are saying the nice thing in public. I don’t think either Magic or Kobe actually thinks the other was greater than them. I don’t even thing Magic thinks Jordan was better than him no matter what he says publicly.

Michael Jordan says he’s not the greatest player ever because it can’t be proven due to eras. That may be true, but I doubt he actually believes anyone was as good as he was in his prime. He is one of the many players with that “my era is way better than today’s” attitude and seemed annoyed at the notion of today’s stars being as successful if they played during his era.

Default Re: Magic saying

Not even Top 5 greatest Lakers ever

Jerry
    Magic
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Bron

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh

Jerry
    Magic
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Bron
    The guy who never took the Lakers to the playoffs is one the GOAT Lakers

Bran stans embarrassing not only themselves but their shameless hero daily

Jerry
    Magic
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Bron

Bron???

FVCK it.

Bron isn't even a "better Laker" than Fisher and Horry.

Jerry
    Magic
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Bron
    Whut?

**** out of here with that shit, Lamar Odom is a better Laker than Bron.

Jerry
    Magic
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Bron
    All time, no doubt

i'd put Wilt on that list as well

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    I’ve seen a lot of people arguing for Kobe’s case as the greatest Laker based on what Magic said.

Comments like these, when players of this caliber actually say that others are greater than them, do you actually take them seriously? I sure don’t take them seriously and just figure they are saying the nice thing in public. I don’t think either Magic or Kobe actually thinks the other was greater than them. I don’t even thing Magic thinks Jordan was better than him no matter what he says publicly.

Michael Jordan says he’s not the greatest player ever because it can’t be proven due to eras. That may be true, but I doubt he actually believes anyone was as good as he was in his prime. He is one of the many players with that “my era is way better than today’s” attitude and seemed annoyed at the notion of today’s stars being as successful if they played during his era.
    Magic, Jerry West and Shaq have all said that Kobe's the greatest Laker, I guess they're all lying .

Kobe
    Magic
    Shaq
    Kareem
    Jerry
    Wilt
    Elgin
    Pau
    Odom
    Fisher
    Smush
    Walton
    Bran

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Magic, Jerry West and Shaq have all said that Kobe's the greatest Laker, I guess they're all lying .
    Kobe says Magic was the greatest laker. I agree with him.

Not airballing my layups anymore Baby Arm Johnso's Avatar

Magic is the all time best Laker; Kareem couldn't win w/out Magic but Magic won the Championship no matter who else was injured and who the competition was. Kobe couldn't carry the show when other stars were injured

Shaq is probably the most Dominant Laker ever. tough to compare his skillset to a 6'-9" point guard.

Kareem has to be in the top 5 conversation

Jerry should be in the conversation for most talented Laker ever. Could rarely close the deal

Kobe . . . History always forgets what a problem child he was. For all the good he did he could be a total D bag . . . top 7 Laker IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Arm Johnso
    Magic is the all time best Laker; Kareem couldn't win w/out Magic but Magic won the Championship no matter who else was injured and who the competition was. Kobe couldn't carry the show when other stars were injured

Shaq is probably the most Dominant Laker ever. tough to compare his skillset to a 6'-9" point guard.

Kareem has to be in the top 5 conversation

Jerry should be in the conversation for most talented Laker ever. Could rarely close the deal

Kobe . . . History always forgets what a problem child he was. For all the good he did he could be a total D bag . . . top 7 Laker IMHO
    Oh really? Magic lost a bunch of Finals as a Laker and he got upset a bunch early in the Playoffs.

Shaq was only dominant against scrub EC big men, he needed Kobe to carry him against Sabonis/Sheed and TD/DR. Your only argument against him is that he was a "total D bag". I guess being hard on your teammates for slacking off is something a leader should never do.

Kobe won titles with the weakest supporting casts in Lakers' history in the toughest Western Conference in NBA history. He made 3 straight Finals and won 2 at a time 8th seeds were 45-50 win teams in the West.

Magic had the most talented Laker teams ever around him in the weakest Western Conference in NBA history but got upset in the first round by a 40-42 Rockets team as a defending champion, he got beat 1 - 4 by Kevin Johnson Phoenix Suns the year after Kareem retired. He lost 4 straight games to the Bulls in 1991 Finals.

Kobe's the one who was left with a bunch of role players during his absolute prime and then made 3 straight Finals with his 2nd best player being a 1-time all-star who had been swept 3 times in the Playoffs prior to the trade.

No real Lakers fan would shit on Magic lmao.

ImBrickbe

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    No real Lakers fan would shit on Magic lmao.

ImBrickbe
    I'm not shitting on Magic, I'm just answering his post. He makes it out to be like Magic always won no matter the team around him when that wasn't the case. Magic made 9 Finals but he had no real competition in the Western Conference until the late 80s. Sounds like someone else who's playing in this current era .

Not airballing my layups anymore Baby Arm Johnso's Avatar

I am a Laker fan and I like Kobe.
    I thought Magic was 5 wins 3 loses in NBA Finals. Was the 9th trip when Chicago punted them?

Sorry but I clearly remember Kobe chucking Air balls in the playoffs his first few years
    Last edited by Baby Arm Johnso; 09-20-2019 at 03:51 PM.