22 70.97%
  • Blackballed

9 29.03%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

Yea, forget about Melo making the playoffs every single year while being apart of the Denver Nuggets franchise, a team that missed the postseason 9 straight years before drafting Melo.

Forget about taking that Denver team to the WCF only to lose to the great Kobe Bryant and the eventual NBA champs.

Before you mention his first round exits (because I know you will) make sure you understand that he faced the Spurs twice and the Lakers twice as well as the Twolves in 2003.

All 5 of those squads went onto the WCF, 4 of them went onto the finals, and 3 of them ended up being champions.
    I didn't forget. What I remember was him trying to take all the credit despite the huge additions of Miller and Camby. I can't forget him saying shit about not making the all-star team over a deserving Kirilenko. I can't forget him being talked about with the best players in the game despite never being anything more than just another in a long line of high scoring small forwards and not the superstar that he and others thought he was. I can't forget him forcing his way out of Denver and forcing the Knicks to trade all their talent for him. Letr's not forget those crappy Knicks teams were in the east too! I can't forget the Jazz targeting him in the playoffs against OKC and him laughing about going to the bench where he belonged. Please sign him Pelinka!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I didn't forget. What I remember was him trying to take all the credit despite the huge additions of Miller and Camby. I can't forget him saying shit about not making the all-star team over a deserving Kirilenko. I can't forget him being talked about with the best players in the game despite never being anything more than just another in a long line of high scoring small forwards and not the superstar that he and others thought he was. I can't forget him forcing his way out of Denver and forcing the Knicks to trade all their talent for him. Letr's not forget those crappy Knicks teams were in the east too! I can't forget the Jazz targeting him in the playoffs against OKC and him laughing about going to the bench where he belonged. Please sign him Pelinka!

You are truly a headcase lol. Almost none of your points has to do with him as a basketball player, rather his attitude. You don't like his attitude, fair. Doesn't change the fact that he changed basketball in Denver and was one of the most skilled players in his prime.

Much better than your dear Andrei.

Also, me acknowledging that Melo was a force back in the day does not mean I want 2019 Melo on my team, especially when we have plenty of forwards to play.

You are truly a headcase lol. Almost none of your points has to do with him as a basketball player, rather his attitude. You don't like his attitude, fair. Doesn't change the fact that he changed basketball in Denver and was one of the most skilled players in his prime.

Much better than your dear Andrei.

Also, me acknowledging that Melo was a force back in the day does not mean I want 2019 Melo on my team, especially when we have plenty of forwards to play.
    Andrei deserved to make the all star team over rookie Carmelo.

He was part of the change in Denver. He and his supporters would like to believe it was all about him and it wasn't. Why couldn't he win in the east except when Lin carried them?

The non basketball reasons is why I'd take an over the hill Johnson

Carmelo put up empty stats on bad teams most of his career. Joe Johnson was a playoff performer. Beasley is better than both on paper at this stage but who would you rather have in your locker room?
    You think Joe Johnson in Melo's shoes from 2003 onwards is doing better?

I'm no Melo fan but let's not get carried away here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    You think Joe Johnson in Melo's shoes from 2003 onwards is doing better?

I'm no Melo fan but let's not get carried away here.
    I would have wanted Joe I my team not Carmelo

He was part of the change in Denver. He and his supporters would like to believe it was all about him and it wasn't. Why couldn't he win in the east except when Lin carried them?

At this point, you are flat out rewriting history. Lin was on the team for half a season. They won 36 out of 66 games that year. Lost in the 1st round to Miami.

The next season, with Lin off the team, New York won 54 games and made it to the conference semi finals against Indiana.

Yea, forget about Melo making the playoffs every single year while being apart of the Denver Nuggets franchise, a team that missed the postseason 9 straight years before drafting Melo.

Forget about taking that Denver team to the WCF only to lose to the great Kobe Bryant and the eventual NBA champs.

Before you mention his first round exits (because I know you will) make sure you understand that he faced the Spurs twice and the Lakers twice as well as the Twolves in 2003.

All 5 of those squads went onto the WCF, 4 of them went onto the finals, and 3 of them ended up being champions.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Oh, so funny! He said Kobe is great hahaha!

I would have wanted Joe I my team not Carmelo
    Peak for peak you're probably the only one to make that call if in an official position to do so. I can't see Joe Johnson at *this* stage providing more on court than even a diminished Melo, so this has to be a locker room issue( which I'm not saying isn't or shouldn't be a consideration).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Peak for peak you're probably the only one to make that call if in an official position to do so. I can't see Joe Johnson at *this* stage providing more on court than even a diminished Melo, so this has to be a locker room issue( which I'm not saying isn't or shouldn't be a consideration).

Correct. Absolutely correct. Xiao however, has taken this strange personal grudge against Melo, to the point where he would legitimately sit here and argue as to why he believes Royce O'Neal is better than Melo skill wise

Carmelo is a chucking ball stopper who don't play defense. This has always been his criticism. Back when he's a great iso scorer, we can easily overlook those flaws. But as he's no longer even a good scorer, why would any team wants him?

It's like, if JJ Redick or Kyle Korver can't shoot anymore, why would any team wants them?

At this point, you are flat out rewriting history. Lin was on the team for half a season. They won 36 out of 66 games that year. Lost in the 1st round to Miami.

The next season, with Lin off the team, New York won 54 games and made it to the conference semi finals against Indiana.
    You must've forgot they were playing well with Lin leading the team and Carmelo put a stop to it. He'd rather lose his way than win with someone else getting the credit

Correct. Absolutely correct. Xiao however, has taken this strange personal grudge against Melo, to the point where he would legitimately sit here and argue as to why he believes Royce O'Neal is better than Melo skill wise
    Nothing about skill. Melo isn't someone I'd want on my team. Winning is more important than stats to me. I'm weird that way

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Exactly 100% of the people who think Melo isnt on a team purely because of ability are stupid.
    Bullshit, dumbass.

Go ahead and name 1 NBA player in the entire league that's delusional enough to keep ignorantly jacking up shots on the court while being complete dog shit at catch and shoot 3s and playing shit defense that can also no longer break down defenses?

Can't break down defense...
    Bad at passing...
    Bad decision making...
    Bad 3 point shooter...
    Bad defender...

Name 1 other guy... I dare you. You can't... because they don't exist. Everyone in the league is at the very very least good at a bare minimum one of those things. Carmelo Anthony is good at precisely ZERO of those things.

Decision making is part of basketball ability and his decision making is absolute dog shit.

Carmelo Anthony is not on a roster because he longer can compete at an NBA level. He's dog shit.

Nothing about skill. Melo isn't someone I'd want on my team. Winning is more important than stats to me. I'm weird that way

No, you're dumb that way because you say one thing and flip to another.

If winning is more important, then why the hell would you pick Joe Johnson over Melo?? Neither have won jack shit...Joe Johnson has never even made it to the conference finals, yet Melo has. Doesn't that make Melo more of a "winner"? I don't consider either of them to be winners since they HAVE NEVER WON a title, but since you keep flip flopping..

Xiao, you're honestly lacking brain cells lol. You're not very good at discussing sports, you refuse to fact check yet assume that your assumptions are facts. It's mind numbing.