Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    He said 2 different things

One is a historical account of facts (his re-telling of the 09' ECF)

The other is his subjective opinion (lebron/oscar vs MJ)

I'll go with facts over subjective opinion every day and twice on Sunday...
    Don't think you understand what the word 'fact' means.

Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

He 100% said it

It popped up on my feed one morning as a clip from that morning.. so it's simply buried

You are beyond retarded. A dude who has NEVER watched a minute of basketball. Let alone touch a basketball IRL.

Also, here's what Stan said about LeBron in that series:

[QUOTE=aj1987]

You are beyond retarded. A dude who has NEVER watched a minute of basketball. Let alone touch a basketball IRL.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Delicious.
    Stan 100% said it but it's from a random show from like Jun 22nd or some shit (im guessing) and impossible to find now

It popped up on my feed that morning of the show, but it's apparently buried forever now

What he said was common knowledge anyway - everyone knows lebron dribbles too much and his teams would be better if he got the same stats with less ball-time and more ball-movement

The ISH'ers Champion!

Stan did say so. 3-ball is right and I'm not surprised to see him having these clowns on a leash.

Bran groupies can try to hound 3-ball by piggy backing each other but all of them are low feeders that even when combined can't scare a mouse.

Kobe Stan

Stan 100% said it but it's from a random show from like Jun 22nd or some shit (im guessing) and impossible to find now

It popped up on my feed that morning of the show, but it's apparently buried forever now

What he said was common knowledge anyway - everyone knows lebron dribbles too much and his teams would be better if he got the same stats with less ball-time and more ball-movement
    Absolute meltdown.

High School Varsity 6th Man

The amount of memes and threads these LeBron stans would make if Jordan ever lost as the overwhelming favorite while having home court advantage...so many double standards.

3ball, just admit you lied bruh. It's 2019, the fact you can't find a single shred of evidence that Van Gundy said this, not even a youtube clip or an article, leads me to believe you made it up

Plus we both know had it been said, there would've with 100% certainty been a thread made about it here; and being completely honest, a very good chance it would've been made by you

So, until then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Kp1O9oFzI

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

[QUOTE=aj1987]

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    3ball, just admit you lied bruh. It's 2019, the fact you can't find a single shred of evidence that Van Gundy said this, not even a youtube clip or an article, leads me to believe you made it up

Plus we both know had it been said, there would've with 100% certainty been a thread made about it here; and being completely honest, a very good chance it would've been made by you

So, until then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Kp1O9oFzI

Not surprising to see the resident retard Pickernidiot agreeing with 3ball.

Tbf I remember Stan Van Gundy saying the same thing. I believe it was on Greenberg and golic's radio show, when that was still going on. I don't remember him explicitly saying it in the words 3ball used but he alluded to it. So he isn't making it up.

What I find interesting is how people literally say 1 thing in an interview and then completely contradict themselves years later in another. It happens all the time with coaches and players. Anyone involved in sports.

Stan Van Gundy said they won by playing lebron straight up and staying at home/locking down teammates

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=466601

So guys like MJ, Curry, and Kobe would've won the series by getting the same production as Lebron WHILE getting double so teammates can get off too

Ultimately, defenses meet a driver at the rim with multiple defenders, whereas the only way to stop a hot jumpshooter is to get the ball out of their hands (double-team) - indeed, only great jumpshooters like MJ, Curry, Bird, and Kobe get doubled...

Otoh, ball-dominant bricklayers like Westbrook and Lebron are left to their own devices - they won't get hot from the outside and their scoring is the plodding type that takes a lot of dribbles and you see it coming (ball-dominance), so opponents prefer defending this versus defending ball movement and complicated off-ball stuff (pindowns, etc)..

So Lebron's inability to get doubled is a huge flaw in his game that explains how his heavily-favored Cavs lost... And I know that most people think it's crazy to blame Lebron - this is true in a way because Lebron's production allows them to have a good team with only Mo as 2nd option and sub-par cast... But it's still Lebron's fault compared to other greats like MJ, Curry or Kobe that can produce the same amount while getting doubled, so teammates get off and the team has a more powerful attack overall...
    Last edited by 3ball; 09-17-2019 at 12:59 PM.

only great jumpshooters like MJ, Curry, Bird, and Kobe get doubled...
    Great jump shooters like Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Great jump shooters like Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, etc?
    I'm obviously talking perimeter players

(hence the expression meeting "drivers" at the rim)

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Orlando had the number one DRtg during the regular season at 101.9. Against LeBron's Cavs that shot up to 110.6 almost identical to the 110.8 the Lakers put up against the Magic. In fact the Lakers saw a bigger drop in their ORtg from the regular season in the series against the Magic than the Cavaliers did. Orlando, the best regular season defense, would only qualify as the 22nd best defense in the league if they defended during the regular season as poorly as they defended the Cavs. The Cavaliers offense was rolling against the league's best defense.

On the other side of the ball, where the real story of the series happened, the Cavs defense went from a regular season DRtg of 102.4 to 113.3 in the Magic series. Even if the Cavs offense was better than the Lakers offense, they still lose that series because their defense couldn't handle the Magic's combination of spacing and interior threat.