Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is it true that MJ faced part time mechanics and grocery baggers?

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    speak english you retard.

Goteeeem

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Reminder that the best player in the league was a street vendor before playing in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    Reminder that the best player in the league was a street vendor before playing in the NBA
    Bron never did no such thing

Good college starter

Is having a part-time job considered worse than being a high-school dropout? The world we live in.

MJ looked great was I was growing up

But when I watch old footage of 90's ball, it's like playing old NES games (literally and figuratively) sure it seemed amazing back then, but compared to today it's grainy 8 bit pong

you just immediately realize how far less the athleticism and talent pool there was

some of the 90's guys I looked up to would get toasted by bench players today

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy

But when I watch old footage of 90's ball, it's like playing old NES games (literally and figuratively) sure it seemed amazing back then, but compared to today it's grainy 8 bit pong

you just immediately realize how far less the athleticism and talent pool there was

WELP this is the truth and some dont want to admit but I know what you mean I do the same shit when I watch a Mike highlight I think what the hell are these peeps doing in a NBA league they have no true skills. Its like the Mike Myth sorta similar to where he is just a myth now like the person who caught a fish 30 years ago and each year you tell the story the fish gets bigger and bigger.

Mike was a good player for the 90s era and had a strong team but he is not gonna do much in this era he is like a Westbrook or DeMar

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

So no

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big164
    this era would be bagging groceries too if MJ did not revolutionize it into a Billion dollar sport where even a 12th man can do this full time without a side hustle.

Ungrateful fux

This. These fools want a fat 60 year old MJ to score on Zion with Dunkin Donuts in his right hand. They don't know.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    WELP this is the truth and some dont want to admit but I know what you mean I do the same shit when I watch a Mike highlight I think what the hell are these peeps doing in a NBA league they have no true skills. Its like the Mike Myth sorta similar to where he is just a myth now like the person who caught a fish 30 years ago and each year you tell the story the fish gets bigger and bigger.

Mike was a good player for the 90s era and had a strong team but he is not gonna do much in this era he is like a Westbrook or DeMar

How do y'all say this shit with a straight face? MJ clowned everybody. Kobe right now could dump 50 points on a team without having practiced the past two years. You don't get the MJ mystique.

I thought he was a god when Come Fly With Me was released, that coupled with the basketball card boom in the 90s sealed the deal. His 'style' on the court was very appealing to a wide audience.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brutalBBQ

I thought he was a god when Come Fly With Me was released, that coupled with the basketball card boom in the 90s sealed the deal. His 'style' on the court was very appealing to a wide audience.
    Was a Classic, LeBron is in production of the remake “Come Cry with Me”

Warriorfan :Was a Classic, LeBron is in production of the remake

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

When did Lebron dunk on anyone as good or big as this?

And is that MJ forcing OT in his first meeting against Duncan/Popovich from the exact same spot that Lebron missed in 2013 Finals Game 6?

Is that MJ tossing Duncan's weak athleticism into the stands?

Hmmm.... looks like MJ dominated the same guys that destroyed Lebron

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Stop lying. The guy that just won Finals MVP last year doesn't look as good as MJ did 30 years ago. Grainy footage of MJ sh*ts on Lebron aesthetically. Even 98 MJ would draw more viewers than stiff @ss LeBron playing at his peak.