Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Shane Battier on LeBron James...

There's plenty of reasons to hate Lebron that aren't bball related. The guy is a total dick to everyone in the service industry when he's out with his posse at a bar or restaurant. He's a notoriously cheap/horrible tipper.

Heard Tiger Woods is worse.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    I'd be the biggest d*ck of all time. I would be the biggest villain in NBA history.

I would be the Darth Vader of the NBA, people would try to kill me out there lol. I just don't care about public perception as much as he does obviously.

Same, I'd take enjoyment from being hated on.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    BRB expecting people to be perfect.

Even Jesus over turned the tables when they were gambling at the church.
    Serapis Christus. Look that up.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    There's plenty of reasons to hate Lebron that aren't bball related. The guy is a total dick to everyone in the service industry when he's out with his posse at a bar or restaurant. He's a notoriously cheap/horrible tipper.

Heard Tiger Woods is worse.
    You hate him because he's a horrible tipper?

If your friend was a serial under tipper, would you hate him? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    You hate him because he's a horrible tipper?

If your friend was a serial under tipper, would you hate him? lol
    True story: Larry Bird used to tip waiters/waitresses poorly, then walk into kitchen and tip the cooks pretty well. He figured they did all the skill work and deserved it more.

Just came to mind and I felt like sharing that.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I saw that video, there's no way he saw him. You have to throw many different factors together to really understand. '

1. Lebron is focused on getting back in the game, and NBA players never hand the ball boys their clothes, not because they're disrespectful, but because they just always throw it on the side.
    2. A person who would do what some people thing he's doing in that video would also do it at other times. Why would Lebron act like that that one single time?

I really don't feel like going into it, but I pretty much doubt that Lebron was aware of the ball boy reaching for his clothes, due to the fact that it would probably be the last thing on his mind. Also his height, the fact that ball boys usually don't reach for the clothes, and point number 2.

During a thread about that gif I even defended Kobe Bryant on a gif, because sometimes things look different depending on the angle, and most people are not capable of looking at things deeper, and would rather come to a quick conclusion based on the superficial.
    foh. He pulled his hand back when tbe kid reached for the pants. Or are you gonna tell me that bron, who many say has great court vision, suddenly went blind?

Duck his sick already.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    If I was that level of a basketball player, I would keep to myself. I wouldn't have a twitter. I wouldn't be doing commercials. I'd care more about the success on court than off court.

I don't think many basketball players have high-level intelligence, though. I don't think they can see everything in terms of what action will produce what result.

I'd say LeBron is just a really athletic dude with average intelligence and he's just getting dragged along with a lot of stuff outside of the basketball world.

He obviously just wants to fit and be liked.

-Smak
    You just described Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    No he isn't teams were lining up to go after Kobe(Clippers/New York/Chicago/Phx/Dallas/Orlando) all wanted bids in on Kobe when he was free several yrs ago.

Not every team was positioning to go after Lebron. I hope that wasn't STAN talk there

Teams were positioning themselves for the 2010 Frenzy of which he was a part of but it was historically monumental because there were so many big Fish. For crying out loud more than half the league knew they weren't getting Lebron no way no how.

Regardless it showed you what he thought of himself and his team.... and to do that crap in Greenwich Ct. Matter of fact he said he wanted to do something historic but had to have his latcher ons plan everything for him only for him to regret it less than a year later.

Then while he was conducting his own interviews it was mentioned by Wojo he was being incredibly immature and disrespectful as teams were trying to Woo him....

And here's the clincher he did this knowing what his Plan A was all long....
    When Kobe became available, I could be wrong on this, but I don't teams were preparing a season or two ahead of time. Perhaps I was exaggerating how many teams had a legitimate shot at him, but every team in the league wanted him and was willing to pay a big price. That's pretty objectively obvious to me and I don't see why that's STAN talk.

Also I don't think there was as much anticipation that Kobe would leave LA, a legendary franchise he had recent success with and Lebron leaving Cleveland.

The decision show was pretty stupid and I never defended it, but ESPN was going to be unbearable about Lebron with or without that show. It's not like the media wasn't going to go into a frenzy if he didn't do that show. Also why was the decision held in Greenwich, CT when ESPN is headquartered in Bristol, CT? He was at Boys and Girls Club there and the event and show raised millions for charity.

But he made two giant mistakes. One he didn't understand one of the laws of American celebrity, which is they will puff you up highest right before they tear you down. The second is not realizing that yes, fans across the country were in lather for you to play for their team, but since you could only play for one team, you were going to disappoint more fans that you were going to make happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Serapis Christus. Look that up.
    i wonder where you got tha christus part form

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    It's especially amazing when you look at how he was raised. What are the odds a child raised by a sometimes-present, drug addicted single mother ever, who received more attention and praise at 16 than the vast majority of people ever will, would turn out to be a pretty decent guy?

LeBron has said and done some arrogant things, but what star of his magnitude hasn't?

As a human being and a man, LeBron's one of the better role models in the league.
    WRONG

LeBron is not a Man and has child's attitude. He lacks character and integrity and embodies everything thats wrong with todays culture. Sure he doesn't do bad stuff, but thats probably because hes a bitch and scared.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    WRONG

LeBron is not a Man and has child's attitude. He lacks character and integrity and embodies everything thats wrong with todays culture. Sure he doesn't do bad stuff, but thats probably because hes a bitch and scared.
    He is the epitome of this "me" generation. Wants all the spoils just because he feels entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    foh. He pulled his hand back when tbe kid reached for the pants. Or are you gonna tell me that bron, who many say has great court vision, suddenly went blind?

Duck his sick already.
    Obviously you're unable to comprehend my post.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    This thread is basically what Shane Battier is talking about.

I was just about to post this. This thread is basically this:

Shane Battier: "Haters gonna hate"

*LeBron haters proceed to hate*

Idiots. I don't like LeBron but Jesus, get off the man's nuts already.