omg pennies

Default Anyone remember RuneScape?

Well, it's back. The 2007 version that is.

I personally used to play all the time in high school but finally stopped the addiction going into college, mostly because they made too many changes that basically ruined the game.

NOW they just released an "old school" version, from what RuneScape used to be like in 2007. Tons of retired RSers are coming back to fulfill some nostalgia. I am one of them (once JaGeX resets my password). Now, you start over at level 3, but since they just released it last week, you won't be too far behind.

Anyone else use to play? Anyone else have the same desire as me to possibly try it out one last time?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone remember RuneScape?

Used to love it, might play it again for some lulz but I don't see myself getting too into again, good heads up though

my friends have been urging me to go play with them haha one of them is considering becoming a member just to play the old school version again cause it is only limited to 15 days if you are not a member.

maybe they will release the old old school version of RS too

I never played with a subscription, always F2P, but I remember saving up enough gold to buy a set of armour with red trim, can't remember what it was called. But that was one of my proudest moments on this game. Pretty sad looking back on it now, but yeah, I did have a blast playing it.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Haha, this old game. I played this all the time in middle school and early high school. Imo, the 2001 version was the best version.

Eventually, I ended up sharing my password with someone. Years later, they sold it or gave it to someone else and when I used password retrieval to log in to my account, I was level 120 with full membership, the best gear, and millions of gold.

Whoever that account belonged to was very distraught over it and tried to message me. I didn't respond back to them. Instead, I logged out and never looked back. Hopefully I saved some kid's social life by doing so....

Banned

Didn't play it much but I remember people always talking about it. I played it like..once, and I found it pretty boring I guess I didn't understand it or something

Banned

played quite abit around early 2000s it would have been. Was never too far into it but a mate of mine was, he had all the macros and hacks back then so just supplied me with money and ore from auto miners. was pretty fun in the pvp zones back then.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Good game

I used to love it. Probably my favorite non-videogame game.

Banned

I played it back in the day. Never seriously though. I had a friend who was way into it and would just give me a bunch of items and stuff.

Never played, should I get into it? Is it for PC

you arent a 90's kid if you havent played runescape before.

Used to play it in middle school 07-09

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    you arent a 90's kid if you havent played runescape before.

Used to play it in middle school 07-09
    That time period was the peak of the game. Shit was unbelievable. And addicting as ****. It was so hard to make alot of money. The graphics were poor but nobody really cared and the missions + things to do were deep.

Then they started making it easier and changing things. Ruined the quality of it and the amount of people that played it literally halved. Oh well.

I played back in 2D during its prime. Then members came out and I was a part of that for a while.

Bought red party hat for 100k...saved up by having newbs mine iron and copper ore and I'd buy from them cheap and re sell. Had like 10-15 people work for me.

Years down road I stopped playing. 3d came out. Sold red party hat for 4 mill gold. Then sold gold to gold seller and made $500. Got banned.

Was an amazing game and I have so many memories playing. Met so many people. Doing the long dragon quest so you could wear rune plate chest. Fishing for lobsters mmmmm.

2D...best times ever.