Default Record Watch: 34-game Winning Streak for the Warriors.

With a few scares along the road but an overall-blazing start to the season, the Warriors have set a record-breaking 16-0 start; consequently, many see this as a precursor to breaking the 72-10 record notched by the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls—led by the acclaimed GOAT in Michael Jordan. The ceiling understandably feels limitless at this time; but for gradualists, there are baby steps along the way to be micro-analyzed.

Many can only help to wonder where this record-breaking start will end; I'm venturing as far as to entertain whether they will make more history as a byproduct of extending this already-historical start? As they made history against the Lakers with their sixteenth win on a currently blemishless record, what if they eclipse that historically illustrious franchise's 33-0 winning streak set in 1971-72?

Giving a perfunctory look at their schedule up to the juncture of 34 games, what opponent do you project is the most likely to thwart their chances of extending this winning streak to the record-breaking 34-win mark?

Most envision the Cavaliers as the eventual terminators of this winning streak; I'll be the contrarian and dissent from that.

Considering how short-handed the reigning Eastern Conference champions are and may continue to be on that anticipated Christmas-day match-up, I expect them to be worked exhaustively by the best small-ball lineup in the league amid of the most raucous road crowds they'll ever play in—at one of the most raucous home crowds in the NBA who's motivated to see them beat a healthier—albeit, not sweepingly healthy—Cavaliers team to make a statement against all detractors who've been downplaying their team's Finals win against them. The Cavaliers will likely keep it interestingly competitive until midway through the second half, but I expect them to eventually burn out once the fatigue catches up to them—similar to the last-three games of the NBA Finals after the small-ball adjustments.

I'm more predictive of the Pacers ending this streak. They'll catch the Warriors midway through an arduous 7-game road win, Paul George's improvements have led this team to overachieving expectations, and they seem to have a viable small-ball lineup themselves that won't be drastically outpaced in the marathon as other opponents tend to be.

The first chance to extend their current record en route to the next one starts tonight against the Phoenix Suns, and I'm hoping the lethargizing Turkey Day meals don't catch up to the Warriors the worst as they try to extend it.
    Last edited by Naero; 11-27-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Default Re: Record Watch: 34-game Winning Streak for the Warriors.

no one wants to read your high falutin blather

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'd definitely say that the Pacers are a good pick to take down the Warriors, Paul George is playing out of his mind right now, and the Pacers are sporting a pretty good team, and can also go small and big when necessary. I'm saying the Jazz will take them down only because I'm going to the Jazz v Warriors game on November 30th.
    And I've been waiting to ask this question, do the warriors wins to end last season carry over to start this season? Because if so, they're already at like a 23 game win streak, having won their final 7 last year

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    And I've been waiting to ask this question, do the warriors wins to end last season carry over to start this season? Because if so, they're already at like a 23 game win streak, having won their final 7 last year
    Gs won the last 4 of the season. Right now they are on a 20 game win streak. It's still too early to talk about 33 or 34. Here is a list of who they are chasing in the History books.

33 Los Angeles Lakers
    1971-72

27 Miami Heat
    2012-13

22 Houston Rockets
    2007-08

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

i hope they meet the Spurs in the WCF. Pop knows how to take them down

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    no one wants to read your high falutin blather
    Highfalutin jinx thread.