Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe: "I couldve scored 80 tonight. It wouldnt have made a damn difference"

He's even more delusional than his own stans.

Default Re: Kobe: "I couldve scored 80 tonight. It wouldnt have made a damn difference"

Jesus. Did he really say that? Is there a video of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    His point is that the team sucks on both ends, even if he was still good enough to carry them on the offensive end the other teams would still score on them at will, which has been the case since they lost Dwight Howard... Hibbert at this point is trash and can't keep up with the Western Conference teams, Clarkson and Russell aren't experienced enough to battle with guys like Klay and Steph, who manage to get by them at will every time down the court.

But Kobe knows his days of being a superstar are over, he knows he should have retired last season because he can't be a #1 option on offense anymore.
    I love it when a worshipper overstate facts.
    Hibbert as trash eh?

He is 3 among centers in block/game 48 mins
    4th overall among centers in blocks/game ahead of Gobert, Pau, Horford,Drummond Ezeli, Howard, Al Jeff etc etc etc.

Wow, ESPN, GSW and others just laid it out there

Marcus Thompson, a sports columnist for the Bay Area News Group, tweeted after Tuesday's game: "Several Warriors players were shocked at how far Kobe has fallen. Lots of respect for him in Dubs locker room. They grew up on Black Mamba."

Those players aren't alone. Many observers watching Bryant in person or on TV this season must feel the same, even die-hard Lakers/Kobe fans. And for as much as NBA-focused pockets of social media discussed the Warriors on Tuesday, there was just as much chatter, if not more, about Bryant and how, at this point, his likely farewell tour -- one that's often playing out on national television -- is becoming sadder by the game.

That notion was expressed even more so when Bryant bottomed out early in the third quarter against the Warriors. His first shot of the second half was a pull-up 3-pointer from 25 feet. The shot drew nothing but air, as several others have this season. His next shot, a 16-foot pull-up jumper made contact, at least, but it became stuck between iron and glass.

Videos of both plays went viral immediately and were declared emblematic of Bryant's season and of how far he has fallen.

ESPN's real plus-minus, which measures a player's impact on team performance per 100 possessions, placed Bryant 381st in the NBA and 74th for small forwards, the position that Bryant has largely played this season. That's down from last season, when Bryant ranked 301st in the NBA and 55th among shooting guards, the position he primarily played.

Bryant's player efficiency rating (10.3) is tied for the second-lowest on the team with backup center Tarik Black. The only lower PER on the Lakers belongs to Robert Sacre, who has played four minutes this season.

Lakers coach Byron Scott dismissed lowering Bryant's minutes, saying, "I have faith in Kobe."

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe: "I could

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    Wow, ESPN, GSW and others just laid it out there

Marcus Thompson, a sports columnist for the Bay Area News Group, tweeted after Tuesday's game: "Several Warriors players were shocked at how far Kobe has fallen. Lots of respect for him in Dubs locker room. They grew up on Black Mamba."

Those players aren't alone. Many observers watching Bryant in person or on TV this season must feel the same, even die-hard Lakers/Kobe fans. And for as much as NBA-focused pockets of social media discussed the Warriors on Tuesday, there was just as much chatter, if not more, about Bryant and how, at this point, his likely farewell tour -- one that's often playing out on national television -- is becoming sadder by the game.

That notion was expressed even more so when Bryant bottomed out early in the third quarter against the Warriors. His first shot of the second half was a pull-up 3-pointer from 25 feet. The shot drew nothing but air, as several others have this season. His next shot, a 16-foot pull-up jumper made contact, at least, but it became stuck between iron and glass.

Videos of both plays went viral immediately and were declared emblematic of Bryant's season and of how far he has fallen.

ESPN's real plus-minus, which measures a player's impact on team performance per 100 possessions, placed Bryant 381st in the NBA and 74th for small forwards, the position that Bryant has largely played this season. That's down from last season, when Bryant ranked 301st in the NBA and 55th among shooting guards, the position he primarily played.

Bryant's player efficiency rating (10.3) is tied for the second-lowest on the team with backup center Tarik Black. The only lower PER on the Lakers belongs to Robert Sacre, who has played four minutes this season.

Lakers coach Byron Scott dismissed lowering Bryant's minutes, saying, "I have faith in Kobe."

Hopefully he puts his back out or somethin n is forced to call it quits.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe: "I could

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    That's what I said. They would still suck if he played as good as he did last year or the year before...
    He was shit last year as well

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    did he really say that

cause he couldnt have done that even with 200 shots
    Dayum. With stans like this, Kobe don't need haters.

maybe in 6 games