Default Re: WOJ: Kings discussing deal for Deron Williams

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Boston gets

Brook Lopez

Brooklyn gets

1st round pick (top 20 protected)
    Brandon Bass (expirer)
    Jeff Green
    Brook Lopez has practically no value. He's hurt right now, he has the bad foot, AND his contract is uninsured. To top it off, he's playing badly. You think Boston gives an expirer, Green, AND a pick?

Not sure if serious....

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    What do the Nets think happens in 2016? They have no young core, no talent (they'll be cutting it to get cap space). With the cap going up, teams like Washington, Chicago will have cap space for stars. Even NY, as dysfunctional as we are will have Melo + some young talent. LA same. Nets will have a blank slate. COME TO OUR TEAM AND REBUILD US INSTEAD OF TRYING FOR A TITLE IMMEDIATELY. IT'S OK, ITS BROOKLYN!
    nets have been having free agents take pay cuts ever since they went to brooklyn. the knicks have never recruited any free agents. nobody wants to play for them except scrub-like players. durant is going to strongly consider Brooklyn because we have an owner 100x better than james dolan.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    nets have been having free agents take pay cuts ever since they went to brooklyn. the knicks have never recruited any free agents. nobody wants to play for them except scrub-like players. durant is going to strongly consider Brooklyn because we have an owner 100x better than james dolan.
    How long do you expect Prokhorov to be an owner? Why would Durant join either team?

The Nets owner doesn't even want to own the team. He cut Pierce instead of pay him. You can't play the "our owner spends whatever it takes" card anymore, he doesn't. He probably isn;t even the owner in 2016.

The Nets are behaving exactly like the Knicks did to get Lebron. How well did that work? And it's even funnier, because you have no history, no fanbase, and Durant has two choices locked in (OKC and Washington) and no one else is even in the running.

Are you serious? Durant is going to avoid all the title contenders, to join Plumlee and Bogs in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    How long do you expect Prokhorov to be an owner? Why would Durant join either team?
    He wouldn't. The Nets are in the midst of the Knicks 2010 Lebron plan. Basketball in NY is a cesspool of delusion and stupidity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Boston gets

Brook Lopez

Brooklyn gets

1st round pick (top 20 protected)
    Brandon Bass (expirer)
    Jeff Green
    wow another shitty trade idea

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

I'd rather not trade Plumlee but I'd love the depth of those three. Let's not act like Deron and DC are even talent wise at this point Although it isn't a 12 mil difference or whatever their cap number is.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

keeping pierce wouldn't have made us a contender. it was a great business decision to let him go. still, i would have loved for him to stay more so than any other net not named KG. i don't know why bogs is not playing more. why the hell do teams choose to invest in foreign players but not play them when they hit a cold streak? bogs was so good to start the season, he hit a wall and now he's getting benched? seems very stupid.

Why

Someone tell Vivek to lay off the crackpipe

keeping pierce wouldn't have made us a contender. it was a great business decision to let him go. still, i would have loved for him to stay more so than any other net not named KG. i don't know why bogs is not playing more. why the hell do teams choose to invest in foreign players but not play them when they hit a cold streak? bogs was so good to start the season, he hit a wall and now he's getting benched? seems very stupid.
    You're saying your owner would do anything to be better. And in the next sentence you're applauding letter players go who make you better to save money. Pierce would have made you better and you let him go to save money. PROKOROV WILL SPEND ANYTHING is a myth. It's passed. Let it go...

Serious playground baller

When I look at Sactowns list. They have some uber dud contracts

If they can do a deal of say

Landry + Thompson + Sessions + picks for Willams + Plumlee then they would be better off.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

leave the core in place
    they were playing some good ball till boogie got ill.
    They were definitely heading in the right direction.

2nd knee jerk reaction in a week

Local High School Star

Deron has actually looked pretty good this year. The only reason I'm in favor of trading him is the injuries. I think 1 more injury would pretty much do him in.

The main person I want to trade is brook lopez. I would love a swap for Hibbert, both teams are underwhelmed by their centers and they both have something good they can bring to the other team.