Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: #MarvelEvent trending...

From the looks of things on this forum, it seems like everybody reads comic books.

Who the f*ck is Black Panther, and how do they have the exact dates to day for movies coming out in 4-5 years? Also, I have a good feeling by the time these movies come out, the average movie-goer (most of the comic book movie's audience these days), will be burnt out on all the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    From the looks of things on this forum, it seems like everybody reads comic books.

Who the f*ck is Black Panther, and how do they have the exact dates to day for movies coming out in 4-5 years? Also, I have a good feeling by the time these movies come out, the average movie-goer (most of the comic book movie's audience these days), will be burnt out on all the movies.
    think of black panther as a black batman, except he's also a genius scientist, has some mystical powers(doesn't really use them much), and is the king of the most advanced country in the (marvel) world.

also, there's this about his actor lol
    Black Panther is going to be played by Chadwick Boseman, who just finished doing movies where he played James Brown and Jackie Robinson. After these three roles that man will have the Blackest resume imaginable. If your last three movie roles were the Godfather of Soul, Number 42, and a guy literally named the Black Panther then you are pretty much the Emperor of Black.
    people have been saying the same thing about comic book movies for a long time now, the difference with the marvel ones is that each movie is connected, and they are all part of a larger story. that's what keeps people coming back for more.
    Last edited by rezznor; 10-28-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    think of black panther as a black batman, except he's also a genius scientist, has some mystical powers(doesn't really use them much), and is the king of the most advanced country in the (marvel) world.

also, there's this about his actor lol

people have been saying the same thing about comic book movies for a long time now, the difference with the marvel ones is that each movie is connected, and they are all part of a larger story. that's what keeps people coming back for more.
    They are also diversifying..

Captain Marvel - A Female Lead to connect to female audiences
    Black Panter - A non white lead hero, whos story takes place in a different continent
    GoTG - Space Opera with unconventional offbeat characters

Marvel takes educated gambles and is exploring new territory which will keep their movies feeling like comic book movie innovation. Instead of what DC feels like.. franchise derivative money grabbin'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    not only is he non-white he's also non-american
    Very true.. how often does that happen?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If you have seen the Blacklist you know James Spader would kill Lex Luthor. But now that hes Ultron I guess thats out. They try to make these kid movies too hard. All the young actors where they dont belong. lex should always be 40-60

Yippie. More movies I don't care about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone
    Yippie. More movies I don't care about.
    Yippie. Another opinion I don't care about.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

They should reboot Blade...or do they not have the rights like xmen?

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

zen, no nova announcement tho :/ i hope we see dick rider in gotg 2, or at least in a new warriors netflix series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    They should reboot Blade...or do they not have the rights like xmen?
    They will eventually since Marvel has gotten the rights back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Yippie. Another opinion I don't care about.
    What I posted wasn't opinion. It was statement of fact. These are movies I don't care about.

An opinion would be something like, "Comic book superhero movies are the cancer of the film industry and are ruining the art in the name of capitalism."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    zen, no nova announcement tho :/ i hope we see dick rider in gotg 2, or at least in a new warriors netflix series.
    Well in the meantime he still has his night job so he wont go broke.

Banned

What I posted wasn't opinion. It was statement of fact. These are movies I don't care about.

An opinion would be something like, "Comic book superhero movies are the cancer of the film industry and are ruining the art in the name of capitalism."
    I think you are lying and secretly fapping it to that new black panther suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I think you are lying and secretly fapping it to that new black panther suit.
    I didn't care for them in the 60s. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like the lame comic book version of the black panthers either.