Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: wade with a revealing quote about the changing mentality of NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    WTF happened to Wade? Dude used to be a stone cold killer. Now all he does is kiss LeBron ass, or defend him every chance he gets.

Through out his career, Wade didn't seem like he was playing to reserve certain stats. He was reckless on the floor but in an effective way.

Now Wade lost that street hunger.
    he learned to adapt

young wade's recklessness worked because of young wade's athleticism.

he doesnt have that same explosiveness, and hes changed his game/mentality accordingly

Default Re: wade with a revealing quote about the changing mentality of NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    if you notice, lebron will never shoot the ball at the end of the first three quarters to save his fg%. he will get the ball and there will be like 2 sec left he will never shoot it. he will just let the time run out because he doesnt want to shoot a low percentage shot, even if there is a chance it could put his team up by more.

if lebron didnt play to save his fg% he would be shooting 45% probably.
    Your one dumb m0ther fuker

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Yeah

Chris Bosh - 18.5 ppg
    Jason Terry - 18.0 ppg
    Lebron James - 17.8 ppg

And keep in mind that the Mavs were one of the greatest defensive team of all-time...
    deep down you know it's true

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

WTF happened to Wade? Dude used to be a stone cold killer. Now all he does is kiss LeBron ass, or defend him every chance he gets.

Through out his career, Wade didn't seem like he was playing to reserve certain stats. He was reckless on the floor but in an effective way.

when did he ever have street hunger? he wears the gayest metro shit .... he dont look like rocky balboa to me

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    deep down you know it's true
    Deep down I know that when teams don't allow Lebron to have easy dunks/layups he will get exposed. We have already witnessed that a couple of times.

Samurai Swoosh

Wade is a team player. He sacrificed his own individual game (even with some injuries and regression) in order to pump Bron up, establish harmonious team hierarchy and allow the Heat to win well into the next few years.

Maybe Wade realized the problem was mentality from Bron and how soft he was mentally and emotionally when in the 2011 Finals he couldn't take Wade getting the shine over him on his own team.

Either way, he's still got ability, even given regression. Yes he plays like a punk ass for the foul instead of the basket now, and yes the clothes and hoe like attitude since Bron came to town have been off putting. But I will be damned if people don't show this all-time great the level of respect he deserves. What he did for Miami last year and this year is going criminally unnoticed. And Bron refuses to even acknowledge it, the way at least MJ in the 2nd three peat gave Pip props.

Deep down I know that when teams don't allow Lebron to have easy dunks/layups he will get exposed. We have already witnessed that a couple of times.
    denial is a muhf*cka. dont resist just accept the truth

Are we still pretending that LeBron can't shoot? Really? Pretty pathetic.

The pain runs deep in this loser

Street hunger Wade circa 2005: A simple hoodie, no HGH jaw - 0 rings, very ring hungry and competitive, still has heart

Sellout washed up Wade present day: 2 rings, carried by refs one year Lebron another after he convinced his competition to join him so both rings were "given" not earned, years of HGH built up bone and tissue in his jaw and he's so heavy (235lbs... 7 footer David Robinson's former playing weight) it's now actually robbing him of health, flexibility and athleticism. Since his old opponents joined him and since rings are "given" now a days he simply doesn't have to work as hard anymore. His style went from simple hoodies to glasses w/o lenses and pink pants

It's time for this guy to retire.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 01-21-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    They also pass up game changing shots that can bring momentum to wins in order to protect their FG%
    real ass post. That's what stopped Lebron against the mavs and against the celtics. Fear.

Street hunger Wade circa 2005: A simple hoodie, no HGH jaw - 0 rings, very ring hungry and competitive, still has heart
    I can't believe wade use to look like that. reminds me of my young cousin. ain't no trace of chitown left in that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...entages/nT2sZ/

Can you imagine an AI or Kobe saying that in the early 2000s before the Hollingerfication of the sport?

This is why we need to look at these .500% fg season stats with suspicion. Players are consciously modifying their game to achieve these stats, perhaps to the detriment of the team, because that's the purvey by which players are judged now.

it highlights a difference in perspective between the old school and new school players. Back in the early 2000s in the most offensively depressed era in all of NBA, it was just about being able to put up points and that's the lingering sentiment of a player like Kobe which is almost quaint in the efficiency obsessed era of today.

If kobe entered the league in 2006 I have no doubt he would be a .500+ scorer as well because his mentality would be completely different.
    why deal with hypotheticals? There is no way of knowing. The only reason anyone would create a hypothetical situation to put a player in would be to escape the current reality

Kobe is not an efficient player. Reality.

Kobe is a high volume scorer. Reality.

Kobe shooting 50%? Keep dreaming.

I'm sorry but efficiency didn't ALL OF A SUDDEN matter in the NBA, it has always mattered. I don't need Hollinger to come up with the above conclusions. You take a lot of bad shots, that makes you INEFFICIENT. PERIOD.

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

It's impossible............... to get that shot off..........

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...entages/nT2sZ/

Can you imagine an AI or Kobe saying that in the early 2000s before the Hollingerfication of the sport?

This is why we need to look at these .500% fg season stats with suspicion. Players are consciously modifying their game to achieve these stats, perhaps to the detriment of the team, because that's the purvey by which players are judged now.

it highlights a difference in perspective between the old school and new school players. Back in the early 2000s in the most offensively depressed era in all of NBA, it was just about being able to put up points and that's the lingering sentiment of a player like Kobe which is almost quaint in the efficiency obsessed era of today.

If kobe entered the league in 2006 I have no doubt he would be a .500+ scorer as well because his mentality would be completely different.
    LOL.

Okay...well then wow, if Jordan entered in 2006 and had that mentality he could have put up a 65 FG% !

...as well as Penny, Grant Hill, Bird, Magic, Jerry West, etc