Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: I think...we have hit the peak. Never before have more people needed to....

Quote Originally Posted by 9erEmpire
    I could have said that in a paragraph.

STFU already.
    And nobody would have listened to you. Some things need to be put into detail.

OP, thank you.

Default Re: I think...we have hit the peak. Never before have more people needed to....

that's what you get if you have posters who follow the sport only a couple of years and before that were collecting pokemon memorabilia as their favourite pastime. bunch of hysteric crybabies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    ......shut the **** up.

And by that I dont literally mean stop posting. And I dont even mean talk less. I am a hall of fame level windbag at times online and even in person...am one of the most verbose mother****ers you could encounter. But still I must say....

Some of these topics early this season has me wanting to kick down your doors and throw you in the torture rack till you tap and I refuse to break the hold.

Over the last couple decades ive heard a lot of early season idiocy. We all have. From Flip Murray>Ray Allen to Baron Davis for MVP to a 67 win team needed to be broken up because their playoff days are done(The Mavs started like 1-5 after making the finals). Ive heard that Drew gooden would be the best bigman in the NBA by now(look at his first few games...you will see why).

But this shit is a whole other level.

We are coming off a lockout. Like 20% of the NBA is visibly out of shape. Training camp was like 5 days and there are rookies playing who have only had like 5 workouts with the team and 2 preseason games. with the compressed schedule some teams will only have like 10-12 total days of planned practice for the SEASON.

There are still teams with players lost overseas scattered around the world....solid rotation players still free agents....at least one team is trying to implement elements learned from Oregon FOOTBALL that has only been worked on in coaches only scrimmages with 60 year old hall of famers and fat assistants playing the roles of Lebron and Wade.

We are 4 or 5 games into the season with only 2 preseason games.

Normally...the regular seasons begins after a month of practice, preseason games, and so on...and its not after 6 months of being locked out and 8 months after the last regular season ended...

This board is full of people of at least average mental ability who have the benefit of knowing all the above facts that point to the near irrelevancy of the first week of play...

And still....

We have people who actually use season averages to make a point as if 4 games of averages means anything(A guy like Kobe might average 55 for 4 games...or 18). have guys like rose, Wade, Kobe, CP3, Durant, Rondo, and Lebron either treated as gods are trash after one nights work.

After 2 games Kobe was back...after 5....hes Bynums sidekick.

Wade might no longer be elite.

The gotdamn Pacers are contenders...due to the #1 d...acquired by playing the Raptors, cavs, and Pistons....

I really cant believe some of this shit.

Id give anything to have a button to press to make someone climb through some of your windows and bust you in the head with a sack of doorknobs for some of these claims.

Even midseason runs in regular normal seasons dont mean shit. In 93 the Bulls lost 8 of 14 games at one point(including a game Jordan dropped 64 points)...

But 2 bad games in this situation...when the games being played would normally be preseason....after no off season....really no camp...tons of new systems being put in without being worked on...

Still....we find it possible to draw such solid conclusions.

Really?
    you are a moderator and you make a thread like this?

You are showing your cards. You are going to be one of those emotional and bias mods who delete people's threads.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    kblaze is like the Don of ISH. Doesn't say much, but when he speaks everyone listens.
    I don't listen to that conceited tripe.

It's five games into an NBA season that many people thought wasn't going to be. Let people have their observations, their analysis and in other words: their fun. That's why people come to ISH after all. They don't come to ISH to listen to some sour bastard telling everybody to stop overreacting, nobody wants to read about that boring shit.

We believe you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

It's five games into an NBA season that many people thought wasn't going to be. Let people have their observations, their analysis and in other words: their fun. That's why people come to ISH after all. They don't come to ISH to listen to some sour bastard telling everybody to stop overreacting, nobody wants to read about that boring shit.
    Pretty much this.

I fail to see what is the alternative the OP proposes.

Shutting up?

Stupid overreaction threads are part of the fun. It wouldn't be ISH without them.

So, while I agree completely with the point that overreacting is ignorant, I really wouldn't want anyone to shut up.

Let the stupid be stupid, let the others tell them again and again.

Banned

He is not the right pick for a mod when he posts crap like this.

As a moderator you want to grow and increase viewership to the site.

He basically told us not to overreact and make threads. What are we going to do, chat in the game threads?

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Let the morons post all the delusional hot garbage they want cuz it'll just be used against them when their "expert analysis" doesn't pan out. Then they'll either, a) SUDDENLY develop amnesia and can't remember anything they said, b)haul a** at the site of their own posts, like vampires do when the see the sign of the cross, or c) simply flat out disappear and come back in here with another profile. Case in point, a few weeks ago, it was Clippersmania on here. Clippers this and Clippers that, Clippers, Clippers, Clippers are the dominant team in LA, Clippers, Clippers, Clippers, Clippers are going to the Finals, Clippers, Clippers, Clippers. NOW, since they started losing games, you can barely find a thread about the Clippers. And ALL of the same people who were inciting Clippersmania, have either disappeared, or have amnesia now claiming they never said anything of the sort.

As a moderator you want to grow and increase viewership to the site.
    and you do that by keeping up the level of quality bball conversation.
    wade not elite anymore? shit cant be serious.
    Last edited by Teanett; 01-04-2012 at 07:33 AM.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

says the 15 year old whos only watched basketball for 3 years. Go make another "____ Greatest of All Time" thread with the rest of your kind. Nobody wants you ignorant posters on the board, go back to your twitter, foursquare, super tight jeans, pink sesame street t shirts, and any other desperate attempt you guys participate in to try and prpve your individuality.

Banned

There is some truth in this you know. The problem on ISH, in my opinion, isn't the overreaction threads, it's the people who actually know they're trolling. They are making the ridiculous threads. An overreaction thread here and there because somebody plays out of their minds is not a problem if you ask me. We need to get rid of the trolls.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

It's sad that people praise the OP just because he typed a wall of text.

I could have said that in a paragraph.

STFU already.
    repped.

your the only one that needs to shut the fucc up

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

I gotta chime in cause if I didn't then... well, I wouldn't be me.

I can't completely rock w/ the op simply because it's coming off as you (I presume a bball fanatic) are really making excuses for "professional athletes" to basically come into their work environment unprepared (out of shape/ not ready mentally) due to them being locked out and it seems you're ok w/ that.

I am not ok w/ that because to me things like that weed out those who take their craft seriously and those who take it for granted.

Is it a fact, no, it's my observation/ opinion which leads me to my next point:

You claim to be "anti-troll" due to your "online rep" but you pretty much make a troll thread about being tired of troll threads, which by the way is your prerogative which of course is every members prerogative to make a thread about what they observe, no matter how ludicrous it may be.

If someone feels Wade or CP3 is slippin' or MarShon Brooks is the next Kobe or the Mavs should blow it up then maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but it IS their prerogative to make such a thread.

The way you worded this thread title I came in here expecting some bball insite and a hot bball conversation, had I known the thread was about this I would've used my discretion to NOT click on this thread, which all peeps have the ability to do.

I guess your mission was accomplished because you got a reaction so....

W/ that being said, I bid you ado...