NBA Superstar

Thumbs up Steven Adams is GOAT trash talker

https://twitter.com/franblinebury/st...80700898598912
    Summer league trash talk, Steven Adams to a shoving in back Willie Reed: "Hey, you won't be able to do that in the D-League."

Don't know how I never saw this until now, but that shit is hilarious. Adams is GOAT. I stumbled upon that by reading an article where Nick Young said Adams was talking to him all game long, probably pissed him off and thats why he got elbowed. Dude was a rookie getting under the skin of guys like Zach Randolph in key playoff games...

I remember reading an article on Adams as a young player in NZ getting the previously best player at his school so pissed off that he kicked Adams in the leg as hard as he could and then got even more pissed because Adams straight up ignored it...

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Steven Adams is GOAT trash talker

I think he trash talks really well to these vets and then he'll get physical with them on one play, usually legal, but it will set them off and they'll be like "I'm going to teach this young punk a lesson" and then they'll elbow him or whatever, and then Adams just brushes it off while they get ejected.

I think thats what he does to set them off. A combination of epic trash talk + physical play + him being young + his persistence

Very good NBA starter

Youre the same guy that bragged about trolling an entire football forum and getting banned for it.

No wonder you like this guy

Nate Robinson, Vince Carter, Jordan Hamilton, Larry Sanders and Zach Randolph, Nick Young.

Getting veterans like Carter and Randolph ejected is certainly a skillset.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Youre the same guy that bragged about trolling an entire football forum and getting banned for it.

Didn't necessarily brag. Some other guy asked if I was some guy from some other forum where I lived rent free in most of their posters heads and I said yeah.

the difference is that adams gets paid for it whereas russwest does it for free from his mom's basement.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I think he trash talks really well to these vets and then he'll get physical with them on one play, usually legal, but it will set them off and they'll be like "I'm going to teach this young punk a lesson" and then they'll elbow him or whatever, and then Adams just brushes it off while they get ejected.

I think thats what he does to set them off. A combination of epic trash talk + physical play + him being young + his persistence

He can say and do whatever he wants because he's probably the strongest built guy on the court at any given time. His sister is a champion powerlifter.. And he's the male version of that.. Steel bones/structure. He can take any hit without flinching and that does piss off guys who are used to being the big dogs.

He gotta be careful though to balance it. It's not hard to injure someone. "Accidental" hit to the knee or put a foot under him is all it takes for a lingering injury, especially a big guy like him. When players don't respect you these things happens.

it wasn't even trolling tho

he was just being himself.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    it wasn't even trolling tho

he was just being himself.
    yeah I didn't even really troll. about half the forum was on my side, the other half couldn't stand me.

it was weird as ****.

I basically just constantly called out bullshit that people spew about various players such as lebron. I asked posters to support baseless claims with actual facts, etc.

the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Nate Robinson, Vince Carter, Jordan Hamilton, Larry Sanders and Zach Randolph, Nick Young.

Getting veterans like Carter and Randolph ejected is certainly a skillset.
    To be fair though, the Randolph ejection and suspension was BS to let OKC win against Memphis in the playoffs. If officiated fairly, it wouldn't have happened.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

11 posts and no mention of his likeness to Bill Laimbeer? Shame on you kiddos.

I can see it in him. He's not there skill set wise, but I like Steven Adams trolling ability.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    To be fair though, the Randolph ejection and suspension was BS to let OKC win against Memphis in the playoffs. If officiated fairly, it wouldn't have happened.
    why does everyone say it's BS when the suspension falls exactly in line with the rule book?

if you're zach randolph and supposedly one of the toughest guys in the league, why the hell are you getting trolled by a rookie in an important playoff game?
    Last edited by russwest0; 12-21-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    How was it BS when he ****ing punched Steven Adams during the game?