Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: So what's Jimmy Bucket's ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    He's overrated. The Bulls are stacked with lots of offensive ammunition. Teams aren't zoning in on Butler, so he's free to chuck away like he's playing by himself at the ballpark. Didn't he rent a cabin doing just that knowing nobody is going to give a sh*t about him defensively? This level of play isn't sustainable. He'll choke like Jeremy Lin when people actually pay attention.
    We're almost 30 games into the season...this isn't just a week of streaky shooting or something. It's sustainable, and he's sustaining it. And as Derrick Rose keeps getting back into form, it's only gonna make things easier for Jimmy.

Fire Dwane Casey

I think he's got a shot to be a superstar in this league. Dude came out of the wood work but you can tell this isn't some streaky play by him. He out plays his opponent every night by working harder than them. It just looks like he's playing on a different gear than everyone else

Another thing, JBuckets is fearless...I like that.

Scary thing is how good he is both sides of the ball which you don't see very often.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

He's a better scoring version of Bonzi Wells with Tony Allen like D. Dude is such a beast and he never takes a night off.

Dude has the mean streak of someone who's father abandoned his family when he was an infant and then was kicked out of his house by his mother when he was 13.......

oh wait, that DID happen to Jimmy Butler.

Alpha Dog Buckets. No one is safe.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Imo he'll get a max offer from someone in the offseason and drop off as "the guy", or Chicago will match and he'll continue to get better but be underrated as long as he has a great team and coach around him.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

He'll be a Laker next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    He'll be a Laker next year.
    Even if the late great Dr. Buss was still alive, the Lakers still couldnt get Jimmy G.

Restricted FA, Bulls are matching on anything.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Jimmy Butler Full Highlights 2014.12.27 vs Pelica…: http://youtu.be/fK16bknE0uc

How many times have we heard NBA legends that a huge part of being where they were at was a result of working harder than the average NBA player? Jordan, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe etc have all said this. It wasn't just because of pure natural talent, Bird was a GOAT shooter yet he would shoot hundreds of jumpers almost every day, ESPECIALLY in the offseason while his contemporaries were out there vacationing, partying etc. Jordan too, y'all heard the stories of Kobe's insane work ethic. Tons of guys have natural talent, but not all work tirelessly to become the best.

I really am starting to believe we are just starting to see what Butler can become, dude has the potential to be a superstar, he wants it and he's got the hunger and work ethic to accomplish that goal. Butler certainly has size and physical tools, and judging by what he did this offseason, looks like he also has the will.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Peaking at 25? Don't buy it.
    I really don't see how he will up those stats anymore on THIS team. With Rose and Pau both getting about 19-20 points as well and him not being ball dominant, I just am not sure what you want? He is an all star. That is pretty great and I love it. At best he can up the points by maybe 1 or 2, but on this team his rebounds and assists are staying put. His defensive is already top 3-5, so I don't know how he improves that much either. If he sustains this for years bulls will win a title with rose Noah and PAU all being healthy.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Whats even more amazing is he's doing this without ridiculous physical stats (moreso his wingspan)

6ft 7.5in Wingspan...

(as per nbadraft.net)

Decent college freshman

He may have a shorter-lived prime if Thibs keeps riding him so much. I never expected him to have this great a season, but I did expect his 3 point shooting % to increase with the added weapons.

His ballhandling and all-around game have been great. I'm not sure he can get *that* much better than he's showing right now. Maybe add in more post moves, improve his stroke some more. But from a #s perspective, he might not improve more than he is now, given the roster. On a different, less deep squad, his #s may increase with more usage but at worse efficiency.

On a title team, I'd say his ceiling is an awesome #2. I think this roster works for him though, so I hope he stays in Chicago. He's a great fit on this roster/system/coaching style.
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 12-28-2014 at 02:53 PM.

His ceiling? The best SG to ever don a Bulls' jersey.