Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where does a 20+ppg Rose/Butler duo rank among best back courts in the nba?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There is no reasonable comparison between Butler and Beal this season.

Wesley Matthews is outplaying Beal and nobody even cares he exists.

He and Lilliard are ahead of Wall/beal if only for Beal looking like Troy Hudson so far.
    Beal is shooting 16 percent better from 3 than troy did in his career

Mostly due to wall getting people COMPLETELY wide open shots, but still

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Where does a 20+ppg Rose/Butler duo rank among best back courts in the nba?

In three of the last five games Rose has taken over the fourth quarter and his floater has been the best shot in basketball. Its been a short period of time, true... . but he's had these elements in his game since day one and its always been improving.

1) Splash brothers
    2) Lillard/Mathews

No other backcourt is competitive with either of these two now.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

we're not there yet, but derrick's play has been trending upwards, and he's still average 18/5 on 45% with jimmys 22/6 on 48% theyre still a top 5 backcourt. give rose a few weeks, if he keeps dominating, they can be right up there with the splash brothers.

No love for Rondo / Ellis ?

too early?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Beal is shooting 16 percent better from 3 than troy did in his career

Mostly due to wall getting people COMPLETELY wide open shots, but still
    Troy in 03 14/6/2 43/37/90

Beal this year 15/3/3 43/46/80

Id take Beal over Troy...but...hes playing roughly Troy Hudson level ball. I expect it to improve...just saying...hes not doing too much right now. I expected more this year.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Lol

Wall is a better pg than rose could ever dream of being. You know running a team, making people better. Not to mention he doesn't have an actual learning disability. Rose does have that retardstrength tho

And butler is the most overrated player in ish history
    This is a bad time for this statement seeing that the bulls backcourt beat the wizards backcourt pretty bad last game. Wall did have major foul trouble which hurt his rhythm.

Beals midrange jumper has never been good but is a disaster this season so far. Shooting roughly 30% on 2 point jumpers.

At least he is driving more this season.

I agree that Wes Mathews is very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by freshperry
    This is a bad time for this statement seeing that the bulls backcourt beat the wizards backcourt pretty bad last game. Wall did have major foul trouble which hurt his rhythm.
    Not sure what you are talking about.

Wall had 18/9 and Beal outscored Butler with a better shooting percentage. Granted Butler played a lot of minutes the previous night.

The Bulls punked the Wizards on the boards but the Wizards backcourt was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    we're not there yet, but derrick's play has been trending upwards, and he's still average 18/5 on 45% with jimmys 22/6 on 48% theyre still a top 5 backcourt. give rose a few weeks, if he keeps dominating, they can be right up there with the splash brothers.
    Derrick does that at 30 mpg too

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Not sure what you are talking about.

Wall had 18/9 and Beal outscored Butler with a better shooting percentage. Granted Butler played a lot of minutes the previous night.

The Bulls punked the Wizards on the boards but the Wizards backcourt was fine.
    Thats true the bulls have really good big men help the guards a lot. I would still say the bulls backcourt had a better game since they scored more overall points and won the game. Also, you have to keep in mind rose is only playing approx 30 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by freshperry
    Thats true the bulls have really good big men help the guards a lot. I would still say the bulls backcourt had a better game since they scored more overall points and won the game. Also, you have to keep in mind rose is only playing approx 30 minutes a game.

Rose had only 4 assists and 5 turnovers. Butler shot 4-13. I don't see how anyone can argue that the Bulls backcourt badly outplayed the Wizards'.

Rose had only 4 assists and 5 turnovers. Butler shot 4-13. I don't see how anyone can argue that the Bulls backcourt badly outplayed the Wizards'.
    you act like you didnt watch the game. Wall had nice stats, but he couldn't do anything outside of fast break layups. last 3 minutes of the game, wall got owned.

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    you act like you didnt watch the game. Wall had nice stats, but he couldn't do anything outside of fast break layups. last 3 minutes of the game, wall got owned.

There are 48 minutes in a game, not 3. And there is more to the game than scoring.

4 assists and 5 turnovers isn't good for a pg.

There are 48 minutes in a game, not 3. And there is more to the game than scoring.

4 assists and 5 turnovers isn't good for a pg.
    the last 3 mins when the wizards were up 1 point and wall proceeded to miss a bunch of shots and turn it over, while rose scored 10 straight points to win the game for his team. that is the most important part of the game. The bulls run an ISO heavy offense, so rose doesn't dribble the ball alot and get many assists until the end of games. people are too into stats. the most important stat is the Win.