Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Bad Boys 30 for 30

who is going to watch this documentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_JCC4LUAY
    How good would they be in this era?

Default Re: Bad Boys 30 for 30

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    who is going to watch this documentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_JCC4LUAY
    Will watch.
    In this era.

Top PG
    Top 5 SG
    Top 5 SF
    Top 5 PF
    Top 5 C

Would be best in the league.

Banned

Watched 30 for 30 once brothers a few days ago nice documentary.
    Last edited by zoom17; 04-15-2014 at 11:23 PM.

NBA Superstar

I'm all over this. I'm trying to temper my expectations, as I'm not thinking it'll eclipse the Fab Five doc, but I'm still hyped.

I am all in on watching this 30 for 30. This is, to me, the best 30 for 30 ever; out ranking the Fab Five. I think the Bad Boys would be one of the, if not THE, top 3 teams in this era. They were that good. Defense? Check. Rebounding? Check. Guard play? Check. Bench? Check. Role players? Check. Solid coaching? Check. The Bad Boys were that good. Plus the key out of all of this, attitude.

I can not wait to watch this 30 for 30.

Banned

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

It better be better than the Fab Five doc. I'd be surprised if it wasn't. I think this has the potential to be the best documentary of any bball team of the last 30 years. Unlike the Fab Five (especially) and most NBA champions, the Bad Boys talents lent themselves more to the fundamentals of the game than the "plays of the week" type of talent that most other champions had in abundance. They came to work, set screens, played defense, pick-n-rolled, fed the guy with the hot hand. They didn't have much margin for error and they became masters at not needing much.

I'm much more interested in what they have to say because we all can relate to not being the most talented or being looked over or unappreciated in some part of our lives.

Good college starter

Just another series rigged for the Lakers. Nothing new.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    It better be better than the Fab Five doc. I'd be surprised if it wasn't. I think this has the potential to be the best documentary of any bball team of the last 30 years. Unlike the Fab Five (especially) and most NBA champions, the Bad Boys talents lent themselves more to the fundamentals of the game than the "plays of the week" type of talent that most other champions had in abundance. They came to work, set screens, played defense, pick-n-rolled, fed the guy with the hot hand. They didn't have much margin for error and they became masters at not needing much.

I'm much more interested in what they have to say because we all can relate to not being the most talented or being looked over or unappreciated in some part of our lives.
    I think it'll depend upon how candid it gets. I have more faith in 30 for 30's than to just put a gloss over what we all already knew, but ya never know.

A huge part of what made the Fab Five doc so great for me (aside from being an Ann Arbor kid growing up with them) was the candidness of all those involved. We all knew the story, but things were taken to a new level when hearing Jimmy King call Christian Laettner a bitch, or Jalen Rose saying he thought Grant Hill was an Uncle Tom at the time, or to sample some of the racist hate mail the team received at the time, or the Cosby story. All of those things helped give that story an edge.

If the Bad Boys doc can approach that level, I'd be overjoyed. Not sure how I feel about Kid Rock narrating, but I suppose it makes sense and could work. Also, I've read those Pistons were some of the first to allow full NBA Entertainment behind the scenes access, so hopefully there's some juicy footage we never saw on the end-of-year VHS tape reviews.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Just another series rigged for the Lakers. Nothing new.
    Still butthurt, 26 years later.

Back to Business

cant wait for this documentary.....if it wasnt for jordan this pistons team would have easily won ships up until i say 93.

this team would be good talent wise in todays era but not championship caliber considering the whole team would be in foul trouble because how soft todays game is....id say ecf against the heat....then heat embarrass em.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    cant wait for this documentary.....if it wasnt for jordan this pistons team would have easily won ships up until i say 93.
    Detroit was done after '91.

Pumped, I love laimbeer. There was just something oddly charismatic about him that drew me.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    If the Bad Boys doc can approach that level, I'd be overjoyed. Not sure how I feel about Kid Rock narrating, but I suppose it makes sense and could work. Also, I've read those Pistons were some of the first to allow full NBA Entertainment behind the scenes access, so hopefully there's some juicy footage we never saw on the end-of-year VHS tape reviews.
    From all the previews, it looks that way. "We wanted to crush you mentally". Crush, not beat. There is ruthless honesty in that quote by Isiah that I hope is an undercurrent to the whole show.

I wish Magic and Larry had decided to be interviewed for the doc but it sort of fits into their respective rivalries that even to this day those guys are annoyed by the Pistons. Do you know if Adrian Dantley is interviewed?

Banned

those espn 30 for 30 are the best thing espn does ( maybe the single good thing )