Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If Durant is tired of being second, why did he join the Warriors?

If Durant is so tired of being second his whole life, then why did he join the Warriors where he will be the second best player after Curry?

1 ring > 0 ring
    2 MVP > 1 MVP
    leader of the best regular season team in history > leader of a high potential team that consistently chokes

I seriously don't understand Durant's logic. If he really wants to be first then at least go to a team where he can be the best.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Default Re: If Durant is tired of being second, why did he join the Warriors?

He'll forget about all those little details/comparisons once he wins the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    I seriously don't understand Durant's logic. If he really wants to be first then at least go to a team where he can be the best.
    Exactly right? That's what I don't get.

What does winning a championship on this team REALLY prove? What are they REALLY accomplishing here?

He's just not cut from that cloth. He's not built for this shit.

NBA rookie of the year

Under Donovan the Thunder improved their movement and spacing; they still ranked last in the league in passes per game, while the Warriors ranked first.

source: 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Young X

What does winning a championship on this team REALLY prove? What are they REALLY accomplishing here?

You don't actually believe this do you? This nikka is literally one of the top 3 players in the world. He's absolutely built for this shit bro

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    You don't actually believe this do you? This nikka is literally one of the top 3 players in the world. He's absolutely built for this shit bro
    I'm not saying he's not extremely talented.

He's just seems soft to me.

Well, Durant is the best player on the team easily. Curry is so overrated. Dude is top 5 at best, but I feel guilty af for putting him there. He is so one-dimensional it hurts.

It's his team. But he'll always be second cause it's LeBron's league.

I'm not saying he's not extremely talented.

He's just seems soft to me.
    I mean.....yeah, he can come off as a little soft at times, but he is a BEAST on the court and that's what matters most in his profession.

So he can be first option on the Warriors bro

1st Durant
    2nd Klay
    3rd Curry/Green

Easily the best overall 2 way player on the team

Best offensive arsenal, doesnt need screen after screen to create

Can guard 1-5, and will have more energy to exert on the defensive end now

Will be the go-to man in clutch and playoffs

Takeover leader of the team torch from Green

You're right it's a bitch made move, but he's right when he says who will even give a shit when he's 49. People will only remember the ring if he wins, and he'll be remembered as one of the best players in his generation for his stats anyway. It proves nothing now because we focus on the details and circumstance - this fades with time as we only focus on accomplishments.

The Warriors pitched him that in their team, there's no heirarchy. Beta move

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

durant wont be second on the warriors .. he's by far the biggest freak talent on the team. Curry is awesome but if his shots not falling his drive game looked weak.. maybe it'll look better next year? not sure.. but KD can slash and draw fouls much, much better than anybody on this team by far and w/ the spacing thats going to be available.. he's going to flat out dominate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

from a spacing perspective, imagine going from westbrick and roberson as your backcourt mates to steph curry and klay thompson .. lmao.. thats why he chose golden state.

He left because it was the easiest shot at a ring and because he is a beta b*tch.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Durant's already had 6 playoff runs and 4 of them he got to the conference finals. The sad thing is you could easily claim he wasn't favored in any of those matchups either and he really only choked this year. I bet he has the mindset of a veteran who's really desperate to win even though he's only 27.
    Last edited by NBAGOAT; 08-04-2016 at 09:57 PM.