Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Spo

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Fire Spo

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm not a Heat fan. I just want to see LeBron win a ring cuz he's one of my favorite players and if he wins, people will finally be able to have a rational discussion about basketball without talking about LeBron/Kobe/MJ (hopefully). I don't hide that. LeBron and the rest of the Heat should never have pathetic games like today, and while obviously that's on them as well, I don't think Spo is a good coach.
    It's gonna take more than one ring to have any type of rational discussion on that topic. How many rings was Lebron jabbering about? And with the talent on this Heat team, at least a back to back is expected...nothing less.

Edit: Also mind you, the Heat made it all the way to the finals last season and are arguably significantly better this year. Spo might not be a top notch coach but that shouldn't hinder their success. If Lebron leading back to back 60 win teams with Mike Brown at the helm and Mo Williams as the second option, there is no excuse why Spo is to blame other than being another scapegoat in this Miami Heat melodrama.
    Last edited by Cali Syndicate; 04-01-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    It's gonna take more than one ring to have any type of rational discussion on that topic. How many rings was Lebron jabbering about? And with the talent on this Heat team, at least a back to back is expected...nothing less.
    +1.

And he would also have to win Finals MVP every time as well... I doubt that's going to happen and that's where the "discussion" is really going to get heated if he doesn't have any Finals MVP's.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Thibs replaced VDN in Chicago. Woodson replaced MDA in NY. Brown replaced PJax in LA. i rest my case.
    What type of case is that? Please don't tell me you think Woodson and Mike Brown are better coaches that MDA and PHIL JACKSON.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Wait til Kentucky wins the National Championship and the Cal to Miami rumors will pick up. I don't think he'll leave UK this early but the allure of coaching that Heat team will be pretty enticing. Lebron really likes him too.

He'd be the perfect coach for that team.
    I don't see it. Did you see Calippari getting schooled by Pitino? The 'Ville shouldn't have even been close in that game, never mind tied in the second half. If the coaches were switched, UK would have blown out Louisville without a doubt.

I think Coach Cal is better than people give him credit for, but he needs to stay at the college level where kids will actually listen to him.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    What's your opinion on D'Antoni?
    Sorry dude, I can't give you one. I only watched like 12 or so Knicks games, all of which I was doing homework while watching and mostly observing Lin's weaknesses and strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    What type of case is that? Please don't tell me you think Woodson and Mike Brown are better coaches that MDA and PHIL JACKSON.
    you are a moron.

i used Mike Brown replacing PJax as an example of the Lakers getting worse.
    and Woodson as of now has a better record with the Knicks than MDA.

my point is: coaching makes a difference.

mda needs a job anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I don't see it. Did you see Calippari getting schooled by Pitino? The 'Ville shouldn't have even been close in that game, never mind tied in the second half. If the coaches were switched, UK would have blown out Louisville without a doubt.

I think Coach Cal is better than people give him credit for, but he needs to stay at the college level where kids will actually listen to him.
    Cal *will* end up back in the NBA at some point, you can count on that. I don't think he'll leave this early but at some point he will be an NBA coach again.

I think he's a much better coach than he gets credit for. People think he's just a recruiter but he does a great job of getting his guys to play defense, keeping his players focused, and dealing with head cases. He doesn't run a complicated offense because he doesn't need to, but hell who really does in the NBA anymore. Fundamentals are kind of dead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    you are a moron.

i used Mike Brown replacing PJax as an example of the Lakers getting worse.
    and Woodson as of now has a better record with the Knicks than MDA.

my point is: coaching makes a difference.
    ah lets see these teams before the firings

Bulls-#8 seed, first playoff appearence for Rose

Hawks- Swept by orlando

knicks- swept by the celtics, barely hangs in to a playoff spot

Lakers- Swept by the Mavs(Phil retired and left an already dysfunctional lakers team)

now let see the heat

Heat- Current Eastern conference champions, defeated by the mavs after LeBrons sub par perfomance in the 4th Quarter. Favorites to win it all for 2 years straight

I bet LeBron and Wade tell Spoelstra to run laps.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I bet LeBron and Wade tell Spoelstra to run laps.
    Holy shit

2 things from me here....

1) There are no excuses for the Heat to not win a title this year and more beyond this year. You have 2 of the best 3 players in the world plus a bonafide AllStar PF.

2) Spolestra does need to be gone after this season unless the Heat win. Every time i hear Spo mic'd up in game during a huddle, its embarrassing. Its clear he is NOT A LEADER OF MEN. YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE NBA TO BE SUCCESSFUL. Only way he gets away w/ not being a leader of men and still winning is because of the superior talent on his roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    2 things from me here....

1) There are no excuses for the Heat to not win a title this year and more beyond this year. You have 2 of the best 3 players in the world plus a bonafide AllStar PF.

2) Spolestra does need to be gone after this season unless the Heat win. Every time i hear Spo mic'd up in game during a huddle, its embarrassing. Its clear he is NOT A LEADER OF MEN. YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE NBA TO BE SUCCESSFUL. Only way he gets away w/ not being a leader of men and still winning is because of the superior talent on his roster.
    Just curious, I'm not saying I disagree because I obviously don't think SPo's a great coach, what makes you think he's a bad leader? I mean, anything in particular that gave you that impression? Just curious. Spo seems like a nice guy, though, I'll give him that.

It's time for Coach Spo to coach no mo.

Seriously...the reason why I said Bosh should be traded has nothing to do with whether or not he can play with the other two, but because this guy doesn't know how to put an offense together. All they need is a decent starting center and they're perfect. The world will even stop hating them a tiny bit if they pay their dues and win in the 3rd year together.

Seriously. No half court offense? Isn't that the reason you signed Chris Bosh? To play him thru the post some? Or did they pay him $100Million to take jumpshots and average under 8RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Just curious, I'm not saying I disagree because I obviously don't think SPo's a great coach, what makes you think he's a bad leader? I mean, anything in particular that gave you that impression? Just curious. Spo seems like a nice guy, though, I'll give him that.

Im sure he is a nice guy. But there is nothing to suggest from what I've seen or heard from him on the sidelines that he is capable of being a leader of the Team he is in charge of, or for any NBA team for that matter. Im sure he would serve as a great Assistant for the rest of his career but in no way can I personally have any faith in this guy to be a coach with true leadership skills.

Its not just his young age either. It's his nature. Spolestra is just not hard enough to be, I'll say it again, A LEADER OF MEN. Think about the great coaches in the L right now, Pop, Thibs, etc. When those men talk, their players listen and then follow instruction. Spo just doesn't have that kind of hold on his players.