Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stars who will be forgotten in 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    Iverson won't be forgotten, he is a lighting rode and had a huge impact on the NBA and is the most unique player to ever suit up. Gasol will be remembered thanks to the championship Laker teams, everyone else though I agree with.

I'm just thinking there are still gonna be the haters who say "Iverson was just a chucker, nothing else" and people who don't remember this Laker team in 10-15 years will completely underrate Gasol. Just my opinion though, shit, I'm no psychic or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bucks_ole
    I don't think Carmelo will be, I can see him getting a title in his career still, while still putting up sick stats.

T-mac is one I want to say, Allen Iverson's impact on the game may be forgotten, Michael Redd(does he count? 26 ppg is pretty good), D-Will, Amare, Joe Johnson, Gasol will be one of those incredibly debated players where people where either argue him to be awesome or really shitty, Yao if he doesn't come back healthy, Brandon Roy potentially, Gilbert?

Sorry for the ramble. Some people I thought would be on the list.
    Yao wont be forgotten. He is a skilled 7'6 footer,, its very rare.

Learning to shoot layups Thethirdguy's Avatar

Forgot to add my own opinion

Im going with Stoudemire. That guy will easily be completely forgotten. I think Melo will at least get some rememberance from being a part of the 2008 olympic team. Maybe along the lines of chris mullin

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Melo
    Pierce
    I disagree, he is part of the Big Three and the Finals MVP(against the Lakers most importantly), Lakers fans will remember him, easily one of the most hated figure in Lakers history.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucks_ole
    I'm just thinking there are still gonna be the haters who say "Iverson was just a chucker, nothing else" and people who don't remember this Laker team in 10-15 years will completely underrate Gasol. Just my opinion though, shit, I'm no psychic or anything.
    True, but they will remember him, whether the memories are negative or posistive the guy has left his mark on the league. I think Gasol will be remembered when people discuss Kobe.

Pierce.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Thethirdguy
    Forgot to add my own opinion

Im going with Stoudemire. That guy will easily be completely forgotten. I think Melo will at least get some rememberance from being a part of the 2008 olympic team. Maybe along the lines of chris mullin
    Mullin's 88-89 season > Melo's best so far.

Danny Granger, Andre Iguodola, Antawn Jamison, Joe Johnson, Baron Davis,

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    ding ding ding we have a winner

Gasol will not be forgotten. He's a key part of a duo that has won 2 rings, and a chance for a few more on the way. I think guys who get forgotten are the ones who toiled but never won a ring. If you don't win than you need something to make you stand out from the crowd. If LeBron never wins he'll still be remembered simply for his obscene numbers and possibly the ego-maniacal off season we just "witnessed". AI probably for dominating despite his size & of course personality, Vince for his dunks and so on so forth.

In that sense Melo and McGrady are probably likely candidates. And while Dirk is the top euro player ever I think he'll just end up being eclipsed by Gasol due to rings. Although we might remember Dirk as an epic choker, the guy who won an MVP sitting at home (although this is not fair imo).

Quote Originally Posted by usdmef9
    ding ding ding we have a winner
    I was going to put Elton Brand, but then remembered he went #1 overall in draft. Hard to forget those guys.

Another: Al Jefferson
    Last edited by bagelred; 07-25-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Decent playground baller

Brandon Roy
    Danny Granger

All them + Chris Paul, Amare, and Michael Redd. I say Paul because I actually forgot the dude existed all of last season. Basically all the players who are popular, yet either are always injured or rarely make the playoffs.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

I was going to put Elton Brand, but then remembered he went #1 overall in draft. Hard to forget those guys.

I just did, I thought Baron went first overall.

Very good NBA starter

I don't know about the current top-10 players (and those who haven't hit a plateau), but I think a player like, say, Shawn Marion will essentially be forgotten in a couple of decades, maybe even one decade. Not that he was a huge "star", but he was a 4 time All-Star. While not the best go-to guy or the smartest player, he had some damn good seasons in the 2000's production-wise for a 6'7 forward. Top-5 in steals from 03-07, lead the league twice. Almost lead the league in boards in 2005, only behind KG. His game was/is all-around effective (was a perennial #1 pick in fantasy basketball for a few years), but nothing about him really stood out other than his ultra-athleticism, crazy wingspan, and awkward shot. I doubt his name will pop up much at all in 20 years.