NBA rookie of the year

Default These guys are tanking, right?

I mean, this is heinous.

Default Re: These guys are tanking, right?

uh, yeah...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Coaching and personnel are just that bad

What guys? The players? You'd have to be an idiot to believe the players are tanking games or the season on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    What guys? The players? You'd have to be an idiot to believe the players are tanking games or the season on purpose.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I agree with him. Players definitely aren't tanking it on purpose but it's just a lack of talent on the team. Knicks were going to have a difficult time entering this season with a healthy Melo, Amare, Shumpert, Bargnani, etc, but those guys are all missing significant time. Knicks are relying guys like Larkin, Prigoni, Wear, Aldrich, Smith, Acy to be key players when in reality these guys should be bench players playing 15 minutes a game at most(that's if they belong on a NBA roster) These guys are playing hard but they just aren't good enough..

Even Popovich wouldn't be able to coach these talent less players into a respectable record. He would just blow it up and tank like any sound coach would do.

I had a feeling you'd be too cowardly to explain.

Tell me how it's not idiotic to think guys would jeopardize their careers and futures so that a team can more easily replace them. Why would any player choose the future of the team they're on now over their own career?

Why would you continue to push such w dumb thought but not be willing to back it up? Just to act childish?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

The players arent tanking, they arent very good, and their individual skills are far too limited. the coaching has been awful though. Fisher actually preaches to not defend the three, just protect the paint.

Well, unlike everyone else, I can't sit here and believe these guys are really that bad. I feel the lack of rotations causes confusion, and it's done on purpose. It's typical of NY fans to deny tanking - we've never really gone down this dark road. I think it's terrible that fans have to give up on a season just to clean house, and it's why I wish they'd get Galloway into the fold before we lose him to another team (as it's been rumoured). The whole season is a smokescreen with PJ as the orchestrator. Yes, it's an ill-thought up group of players.

I had a feeling you'd be too cowardly to explain.

Tell me how it's not idiotic to think guys would jeopardize their careers and futures so that a team can more easily replace them. Why would any player choose the future of the team they're on now over their own career?

Why would you continue to push such w dumb thought but not be willing to back it up? Just to act childish?
    So says the leading edge in idiotic posts...

I'm through debating with you. If you don't understand my reasoning, then ignore my posts. Half this team doesn't have a career to jeapordize - they're either too old or banged up. You savy? I thought not. You're still waiting for your 20 game win streak to begin. All it takes is 3 players, right?

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I agree with him. Players definitely aren't tanking it on purpose but it's just a lack of talent on the team. Knicks were going to have a difficult time entering this season with a healthy Melo, Amare, Shumpert, Bargnani, etc, but those guys are all missing significant time. Knicks are relying guys like Larkin, Prigoni, Wear, Aldrich, Smith, Acy to be key players when in reality these guys should be bench players playing 15 minutes a game at most(that's if they belong on a NBA roster) These guys are playing hard but they just aren't good enough..

Even Popovich wouldn't be able to coach these talent less players into a respectable record. He would just blow it up and tank like any sound coach would do.
    I'm not sure I "get " your last paragraph. Pop would blow it up. Isn't that what Phil's doing now? And if players aren't tanking, then who the hell is? I'm not sitting here saying the players enjoy losing.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

I'm not sure I "get " your last paragraph. Pop would blow it up. Isn't that what Phil's doing now? And if players aren't tanking, then who the hell is? I'm not sitting here saying the players enjoy losing.
    Maybe Phil wants to tank and I wouldn't be surprised but regardless he has no control over the teams top players(Melo, Amare, Shumpert, Bargnani, Hardaway, etc) all missing significant time which has resulted in reserve/bench players taking on starting roles. As for the players alot of them are fringe NBA players and it wouldn't be the smartest for them to lose on purpose and play poorly as they are fighting for future contracts.. A guy like Melo sure as he has a max contract locked up and has injury issues but a guy like Quincy Acy? Nah

Either way I'm ecstatic that the team is horrible and in a position for the #1 overall pick. For too long we have sacrificed long term success for the chance of making the playoffs as a 8th seed or even worst to attempt to fight for a playoff spot for only to get swept in the first round. With the #1 overall pick we can grab a possible all-star that the team can build around for years and that would probably be our second best player instantly, in the lottery we would have drafted another Tim Hardway Jr.. Combine that with the fact we have cap space in the future we will be a much improved roster. Too bad we don't have a #1 pick next year or I'd suggest tanking 2 years in a row.

So says the leading edge in idiotic posts...

I'm through debating with you. If you don't understand my reasoning, then ignore my posts. Half this team doesn't have a career to jeapordize - they're either too old or banged up. You savy? I thought not. You're still waiting for your 20 game win streak to begin. All it takes is 3 players, right?

You are the kid who takes the ball and goes home when the game gets too fast for him. Yeah, don't defend your idiotic position- just run away and cry. And start making things up on your way.

I think a big part of this is that you don't have an understanding of talent. Now you think the guys that have been playing are much better than this? Team needs Langston Galloway? You can't understand that the 5 guys that have been hurt are the 5 best players and that yes that makes a difference.

Half the players don't have a career to worry about? Dumb. The players are losing on purpose? Dumb. Flip flopping and running away crying? Just typical you.

You are the kid who takes the ball and goes home when the game gets too fast for him. Yeah, don't defend your idiotic position- just run away and cry. And start making things up on your way.

I think a big part of this is that you don't have an understanding of talent. Now you think the guys that have been playing are much better than this? Team needs Langston Galloway? You can't understand that the 5 guys that have been hurt are the 5 best players and that yes that makes a difference.

Half the players don't have a career to worry about? Dumb. The players are losing on purpose? Dumb. Flip flopping and running away crying? Just typical you.
    I'm catching feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Maybe Phil wants to tank and I wouldn't be surprised but regardless he has no control over the teams top players(Melo, Amare, Shumpert, Bargnani, Hardaway, etc) all missing significant time which has resulted in reserve/bench players taking on starting roles. As for the players alot of them are fringe NBA players and it wouldn't be the smartest for them to lose on purpose and play poorly as they are fighting for future contracts.. A guy like Melo sure as he has a max contract locked up and has injury issues but a guy like Quincy Acy? Nah

Either way I'm ecstatic that the team is horrible and in a position for the #1 overall pick. For too long we have sacrificed long term success for the chance of making the playoffs as a 8th seed or even worst to attempt to fight for a playoff spot for only to get swept in the first round. With the #1 overall pick we can grab a possible all-star that the team can build around for years and that would probably be our second best player instantly, in the lottery we would have drafted another Tim Hardway Jr.. Combine that with the fact we have cap space in the future we will be a much improved roster. Too bad we don't have a #1 pick next year or I'd suggest tanking 2 years in a row.
    I agree... but I think the tank is on for just this season. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA hands out new rules regarding tanking soon.