Default Knicks' Christmas Game.

Where do I begin? Wall is practically not being guarded. That first field goal of his proved it.

Dalembert... I'm so sick of this guy. Starting?

I hate this season so much. I literally sit in my living room shaking my head the whole game, every game. It's just ridiculous how easily other teams dominate in every aspect of the game. Some as simple as "help defense" or "boxing out"... and the Knicks can't do such a thing that they constantly practice.

Still, I'm hoping for a Christmas Miracle. Anyone else watching?

Default Re: Knicks' Christmas Game.

Did Jon Barry just say this???? "See if they (the Knicks) can turn it around and make a run for the PLAYOFFS"?????????

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I watched that mess. The highlight was Acy making a fool out of himself and none of his teammates coming to his aid.

Notice how the Wizards are the ones controlling Acy....not his own damn teammates. Melo walked his ass over there way after the fact.

Didn't watch. Happy Holidays!

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Cole Aldrich is a bitch. Didn't even bother helping Acy out. He was the closest to him and he just turned around and walked away.

NBA rookie of the year

This season is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Cole Aldrich is a bitch. Didn't even bother helping Acy out. He was the closest to him and he just turned around and walked away.
    Can't afford to lose another tooth.

Krust Kingz

No effort or hustle. At least Acy has some fight in him. The Knicks dont have the athletes either. I am surprised they made a run to make it close honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    No effort or hustle. At least Acy has some fight in him. The Knicks dont have the athletes either. I am surprised they made a run to make it close honestly.
    They've been told to lose...but keep it close. No sense in watching unless Early, Thanasis and Galloway are on the floor. They ought to bring these guys up and trade Dalembert and J.R. Smith away for a bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    They've been told to lose...but keep it close. No sense in watching unless Early, Thanasis and Galloway are on the floor. They ought to bring these guys up and trade Dalembert and J.R. Smith away for a bag of chips.
    Please explain

Who is told to lose? All players, some players, the coaches?

Who is telling them to lose (but keep it close)?

Even better- you think Galloway and Thanasis have an nba future more than end of the bench guys? How do they fit once the team goes from worst to first next year when Phil signs gasol, millsap, and Dragic or afflalo?
    Last edited by el gringos; 12-26-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Please explain

Even better- you think Galloway and Thanasis have an nba future more than end of the bench guys? How do they fit once the team goes from worst to first next year when Phil signs gasol, millsap, and Dragic or afflalo?
    The guys on the current roster are offensive in nature (go figure) the guys you mention are not. Maybe its better to have athletic hustle guys with limited offensive ability for a while than to have supposed offensive players with no athletic ability or effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    The guys on the current roster are offensive in nature (go figure) the guys you mention are not. Maybe its better to have athletic hustle guys with limited offensive ability for a while than to have supposed offensive players with no athletic ability or effort.
    No this roster is not even close to an offensive group. Esp when trying to run a balanced offense, the guys playing in games don't even come close to being offensive players.

Carmelo and Amare- take them out of the discussion. Most should understand them. Same w JR, except he is much more of a 2 way player than most think

Then the other 3 offensive minded players are Calderon, hardaway jr, and bargnani. The 3 players in addition to amare that are offensive only guys. Bargnani being the most skilled defender of the 4, and obviously hasn't played at all. Jason smith being the only other skilled offensive player. Total of 7. 6 have played, very few games have been played w 4 or more of the 7.

The bulk of the minutes this season have been played by not just non offensive players but actual negatives toward running a balanced offense. Acy, dalembert, prigioni, and Larkin. Each of those guys is a negative offensive player.

The reality is that I was right. Team needed at least 2 more skilled offensive players to have success implementing a balanced offense. You just can't have balanced offense with giving the other team 2 or 3 guys at a time that don't need covered honestly.

Had illyasova replaced acy, and knight replaced prigioni/Larkin the team is at least 5 games better right now.

This season is what it is for 2 reasons

Incomplete roster short 2 or more players w nba offensive skills

Injuries to top 5 players.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Had illyasova replaced acy, and knight replaced prigioni/Larkin the team is at least 5 games better right now.
    Replace Melo with Durant and you wont have a need for Ill a sova or Knight.

Please explain

Phil told us they are going to tank- you didn't get the memo?

No this roster is not even close to an offensive group. Esp when trying to run a balanced offense, the guys playing in games don't even come close to being offensive players.

Carmelo and Amare- take them out of the discussion. Most should understand them. Same w JR, except he is much more of a 2 way player than most think

Then the other 3 offensive minded players are Calderon, hardaway jr, and bargnani. The 3 players in addition to amare that are offensive only guys. Bargnani being the most skilled defender of the 4, and obviously hasn't played at all. Jason smith being the only other skilled offensive player. Total of 7. 6 have played, very few games have been played w 4 or more of the 7.

The bulk of the minutes this season have been played by not just non offensive players but actual negatives toward running a balanced offense. Acy, dalembert, prigioni, and Larkin. Each of those guys is a negative offensive player.

The reality is that I was right. Team needed at least 2 more skilled offensive players to have success implementing a balanced offense. You just can't have balanced offense with giving the other team 2 or 3 guys at a time that don't need covered honestly.

This season is what it is for 2 reasons

Incomplete roster short 2 or more players w nba offensive skills

Injuries to top 5 players.
    Jason Smith a skilled offensive player?
    Bargnani a skilled defender of the 4?
    Larkin isn't a skilled offensive player?
    J.R. is a way more skilled 2 - way player than people think?

The reason the season is going this way is because as Phil said last season, this team is clumsy and non-productive. The current grouping of players lacks basketball IQ and mental toughness. The only way out is a good draft pick and saving money for 2016. But you'd be better served with Illyasova, Knight and the lack of Hardaway and Larkin getting you to the 9 wins?

Perhaps you could explain to the rest of us why you are a fan of the Knicks. I for one would be interested... it might explain your reasoning better.