Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Magic and Hornets in a race to deal for Bynum

How sick would it be if Dwight went to the Lakers and Paul to the Clippers..

I want CP to go to Orlando and keep both away from the west

But I really don't get all the Bynum hype. He's not that good, always injured and is on a pretty big contract

[QUOTE=Rhyen]I don't know how to summarize and put in quotes from the source... but interesting read. (edit: yeah... figured it out)

...In a lot of ways, the Hornets and Orlando Magic are in a race to make a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers for Paul and Howard. They

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I would be absolutely shocked if the Magic traded Dwight to the Lakers, after losing Shaq to them previously.
    They risk losing him in free agency....

this has been posted before, is it NOT smart to take something instead of nothing for him?

and don't take any frustration out on me, I'm just a fan sitting back and watching how this ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    But I really don't get all the Bynum hype. He's not that good, always injured and is on a pretty big contract
    He has a team option for next season, so a team can rent him for a season or 2 before extending him.

Makes no sense. I don't think anybody is clamoring over a $15 million player who is injury prone out of this world. Clippers and Nets both have much better offers for Howard.

Very good NBA starter

Out: Gasol, Odom and Bynum

In: Paul and Dwight Howard

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    as long as they get it done before next monday I am good.

Lakers will have atleast 1 of them when the Season beings

Bynum/Odom for D12/Hedo
    Pau for CP3

Pau
    Kobe
    Artest
    Random dude playing PF/Hedo
    D12

Now thats what I am talking about
    There's no way Hornets trade Paul for Gasol unless a third team is involved.... when the Hornets trade Paul, it will be to go into a full-on rebuilding mode.

Teams don't rebuild by trading for a 31-year-old who is due to make over $55 million over the next three years

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Makes no sense. I don't think anybody is clamoring over a $15 million player who is injury prone out of this world. Clippers and Nets both have much better offers for Howard.
    To counter this arguement (I personally believe Bynum has been unlucky with Kobe and Lamar breaking his sh*t- literally they injured him twice):

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/byn...kers-body.html

it's a lakers beat writer in the OC but still...

[QUOTE]More than anyone else, Bynum can remove the adjective from this dying dynasty.

And he is more prepared to do it than you know.

He lost 10 pounds to take a load off his knees while losing more body fat than Kevin Durant even carries. He strengthened his core and the muscles all around his knees, so critical for him to improve his base and make powerful moves when so weak in those knees. He ditched all the insecurities over sub-par conditioning and poor lateral movement that led him to rush things and get out of sync with his team.

He focused on developing quicker moves (drop steps, spin moves, one-dribble jump hooks, even the Dream Shake) and locked in on free throws, too.

Bynum remade his body with trainer Freddie Roach, who is in three Boxing Halls of Fame and now teaches champions Manny Pacquiao and Amir Khan

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    There's no way Hornets trade Paul for Gasol unless a third team is involved.... when the Hornets trade Paul, it will be to go into a full-on rebuilding mode.

Teams don't rebuild by trading for a 31-year-old who is due to make over $55 million over the next three years
    Yeah I highly doubt Pau would be involved in any trade. Bynum+Odom (talent and flexible cap relief) and picks or something would be the offer.

More importantly it talks about the Bulls chances to get Dwight.

Seriously. Asik+Deng+Taj+Charlotte's first for Dwight+Bass

That's a pretty damn good deal. Hell Chicago may even take back Hedo. I would.

can somebody please explain to me what the hell makes Bynum think he can carry his OWN team?

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot

alright then trade pau to Minny as they wanted him so bad during the draft

Derrick williams/ wes johnson/ webster/expiring for Pau
    Pau for cp3
    cp3 for D williams/webster/wes johnson

This kinda makes me think that Dwight will be traded first and it will probably be to LA. I don't think Orlando can pull off the kinda move necessary to keep him and they'll probably realize that. Also I honestly can't see CP being traded to LA or NY as long as the NBA owns them (hell I can't see him being traded at all while they own the Hornets) because all the owners would cry "conspiracy."

Paul to LA for Bynum would be hard for the league to accept because they'd be giving away the best PG in the NBA to the star child of the league for pennies on the dollar.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    can somebody please explain to me what the hell makes Bynum think he can carry his OWN team?
    He'd probably be an all-star, average 20-10. It's seemed for awhile that Bynum has wanted a bigger role than he currently has.