Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron's Vertical Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Angle is pretty terrible on that pic. First one is good though, pretty solid proof of 40+ vertical imo.
    I cant seem to see what you and eliteballer are seeing.... i see the most perfect angle ever, very horizontal, the rim in perfect line AND he is right next beside the rim (not closer to the camera than the rim is)..

That first pic/camera angle you are talking about is actually nowhere near as good as this one, looking at the rim/ring not being in perfect line you can see the diagonal direction from where the shot was taken. The only reason that picture is legit is because his head is so literally next to the rim...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    MJ - 48 inch vert
    LeBron - 44 inch vert
    D. Rose - 44 inch vert
    Kobe - 38 inch vert
    Unless you have proof of Jordan's neck above the rim I cant see that

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    MJ - 48 inch vert
    LeBron - 44 inch vert
    D. Rose - 44 inch vert
    Kobe - 38 inch vert
    Show me ONE picture of MJ's head OVER the rim(even barely) to show his vert was even over 40, let alone 44, or 45.....or 48

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    If Derrick Rose had a 44" vert then he would have had at least 1 dunk where his head is 1 inch away from the rim. 44" + his 6'3 height is 9'11 (1 inch from the rim)

This is the best I can find

http://media.nbcchicago.com/images/6...DRose+Dunk.jpg
    He is clearly 5-6 inches under the rim

Unless I can find a higher pic than that
    Lol. He is on his way down on that pick. Rose measured a little over 6"1 1/2" in bare feet. Probably a little over 6'2" with shoes. He regularly dunks with his head at close to rim level. Do the math.

Moreover, if the guy was measured with a 40" inch vert as a 19/20 year at a camp, what makes you think he can't get any higher than that with adrenaline? Athletes do it all the time. That's why guys shatter records at the Olympics every year - far exceeding their best marks from practice - they elevate their level of athleticism due to adrenaline.

Just a sample for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3FaCBYp2-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRAp00SxP30

Even as a yungsta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQvTABMutyw

Like I previously said, last year he said he regularly tested out at 42/43 inches in his most recent vertical tests. Thus it is highly likely that he also gets up as high as 44inches (just 1 inch higher) during game action.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 09-24-2014 at 12:31 AM.

MJ....

Height - 6'6" (198 cm)
    +
    Vertical - 48" (123 cm)
    =
    10'6" - 10'7" (319-322 cm)

Meaning, almost his entire head would need to be over the rim, kindof almost touching the rim with his chin. (Average head length is approximately 9' inches)

MJ had a nice vertical, however 48" is just myth... that would be true only if he was around 5'11-6'0"...
    Last edited by pauk; 09-24-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    44" is his measured vertical to be exact & 2009-10 was his vertical peak imo, thats where he flied like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX990fnB6i8

NBA/draft-combine seem to highlight the max vertical for players (takeoff) as their main vertical, not standing vertical.

40" at this moment is believable, with other words, he has lost a bit of athleticism.... :P
    I'm more inclined to believe the 40.xx figures have been typical throughout his career. Isn't there a several-years-old Nike commercial that states his vertical was 40 inches and a few decimal points? During Lebron's athletic "peak"?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    MJ....

Height - 6'6" (198 cm)
    +
    Vertical - 48" (123 cm)
    =
    10'6" - 10'7" (319-322 cm)

Meaning, almost his entire head would need to be over the rim, kindof almost touching the rim with his chin. (Average head length is approximately 9' inches)

MJ had a nice vertical, however 48" is just myth... that would be true only if he was around 5'11-6'0"...
    Well one could say the same about Lebron's uncite-able "44 vertical"... I believe his is around 40-41 and was never really more than that.

Cross-court cams.

All you guys have is cross court-cam shots. Know why? Because cross-court cam shots are inherently misleading. The subject is always just slightly closer to the camera than the rim. Therefore they appear slightly bigger and more elevated. It is in fact a misleading angle, no matter how much pauk swears it isn't

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I'm more inclined to believe the 40.xx figures have been typical throughout his career. Isn't there a several-years-old Nike commercial that states his vertical was 40 inches and a few decimal points? During Lebron's athletic "peak"?
    When I saw your name in the recent posts, I thought it would be something about how Wilt had a 65+ inch vert and some BS grainy pics as proof

Banned

lebron can get his head at the rim

a 10 foot net is 120 inches

lebrons 80 inches tall ( 6 foot 8 )

120 minus 80 = 40 inch virt

big deal. allot of guys have that

When I saw your name in the recent posts, I thought it would be something about how Wilt had a 65+ inch vert and some BS grainy pics as proof
    nah i'm just here to be the voice of reason.

I do believe Lebron has a 40.xx inch vertical though. Multiple sources, and I do believe his head has gotten rim level or nearly so a couple of times despite a few angles being misleading. There's a few video clips from several different angles that confirm. 44? Put me in the extreme skepticism group. The only evidence of this is anecdotal at best (and are outnumbered by more solid 40 inch sources) and all the angles that show his head/eyes "above" rim are not convincing enough (cross-court shots).

Rose...

Height - 6'3" - (191 cm)
    +
    Vertical - 44" - (112 cm)
    =
    9'11" - 10' (303 cm)

Meaning, the top of his head/hair should be able to graze or touch the lower part of the ring.

Never seen him that high, have you? 40" however, seen him maybe go there, 42" at the very extreme top....

"I think coming into the league I was at 37 [inches vertical jump] and they tested my vertical at [a training facility], I'm probably at like a 42 [inches], so I'm jumping a little bit higher."
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...higher-surgery

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    nah i'm just here to be the voice of reason.

I do believe Lebron has a 40.xx inch vertical though. Multiple sources, and I do believe his head has gotten rim level or nearly so a couple of times despite a few angles being misleading. There's a few video clips from several different angles that confirm. 44? Put me in the extreme skepticism group. The only evidence of this is anecdotal at best (and are outnumbered by more solid 40 inch sources) and all the angles that show his head/eyes "above" rim are not convincing enough (cross-court shots).
    This wasnt enough bro?

I mean, this looks like a legit 46" vertical

And his body was parallel with the rim, he wasnt closer to the camera, there are other angles to support this

imo this is a confirmed 44" minimum

This wasnt enough bro?

I mean, this looks like a legit 46" vertical

And his body was parallel with the rim, he wasnt closer to the camera, there are other angles to support this

imo this is a confirmed 44" minimum
    That's exactly the problem. It's a cross court cam, cross court camera angles are not convincing evidence at all. He's closer to the camera than the rim is. So he appears larger and on a higher plane. It is an optical illusion.