Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default who wants to see the Heat vs. Thunder II in the NBA Finals again?

The 2 best players in the NBA again battling out in a 7 games series. Lebron James and Kevin Durant have a great rivalry. I hope the Pacers and Spurs won't spoil it.

Default Re: who wants to see the Heat vs. Thunder II in the NBA Finals again?

IDK. I feel like the Heat sill match up favorable against OKC, and it'll go to maybe like 6 games....maybe 7.

What I really want to see is Pacers vs Heat III. Round 1, Pacers took em to 6. Round 2, Pacers took em to 7. What happens in Round 3?

Also, a GS vs OKC playoffs match up would be very, very entertaining.

They are developing a Magic (LeBron) v.s. Bird (Durant) caliber rivalry for the stakes of the league / best player very reminiscent of the 80s but in modern packaging.

It's great for basketball, great for the league.

It's the rivalry that we thought we were being sold in 2004 w/ LeBron v.s. Melo. I'd love to see the sequel to Heat v.s. Thunder. It's what I'm hoping for honestly.

ECF - Heat v.s. Pacers part III
    Finals - Heat v.s. Thunder part II

Can't wait.

NBA Superstar

Is LeBron really better than Paul George though?

LeBron will be obsolete by next year. The Heat will just be too old.

I'd like to see George/Durant since that's what it's gonna be by next year anyways. Heat flop too much in the finals, not a fun thing to see when you're supposed to be watching high level of basketball instead of bush league tactics.

But wouldn't mind Heat either for the simple fact Durant will destroy them again but likely won't get shit on by the officials and will get better support from his teammates.

Still not a fair matchup considering the stacked nature of the Heat.

Team sport.

It's not individual player vs individual player. It's team/coaches vs other team/coaches

Compare KD and LeBron on their first finals performance and then compare KD and LeBron after their second.

KD is clearly a better player than LeBron and KD hasn't hit his prime yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    KD is clearly a better player than LeBron and KD hasn't hit his prime yet.
    Then he should have no problem lifting his team over the Heat if that is indeed true.

The greatest tend to do that sometimes even when they're out talented by another team. Kobe's done it, Duncan's done it, Shaq's done it, MJ's done it.

Bird and Magic didn't because both teams were equally loaded. If OKC kept Harden, it would've been more than fair footing between the two talent wise.

Pacers have a better shot of ruining this matchup then the Spurs, who haven't beat a good team in forever.

I do like the thought of a Pacers/Thunder finals..if we don't get that this year we certainly will next season.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Is LeBron really better than Paul George though?

LeBron will be obsolete by next year. The Heat will just be too old.

I'd like to see George/Durant since that's what it's gonna be by next year anyways. Heat flop too much in the finals, not a fun thing to see when you're supposed to be watching high level of basketball instead of bush league tactics.

But wouldn't mind Heat either for the simple fact Durant will destroy them again but likely won't get shit on by the officials and will get better support from his teammates.
    If Paul George was as good as LeBron is, surely you would obsess over him the way you do LBJ. As for the question in the OP, the only people that don't want to see Heat/Thunder II are those with no souls. That matchup has potential like none other.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Then he should have no problem lifting his team over the Heat if that is indeed true.

The greatest tend to do that sometimes even when they're out talented by another team. Kobe's done it, Duncan's done it, Shaq's done it, MJ's done it.

Bird and Magic didn't because both teams were equally loaded. If OKC kept Harden, it would've been more than fair footing between the two talent wise.
    No they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Pacers have a better shot of ruining this matchup then the Spurs, who haven't beat a good team in forever.
    agreed. my money's on indy over Miami and then okc to win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    No they haven't.
    the 03 lakers were more talented than Duncan's spurs, who beat them, and don't even lie and say you disagree

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

pacers thunder please

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Heat v Pacers III then Spurs v Heat II are the best matchups.

Heat Thunder II would be another walkover for a Miami threepeat.