Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Aldridge another 30/10 game..

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817
    Aldridge been in the league like 7 years and never even sniffed the 2nd round of the playoffs

tbh
    He's from your city, no respect for him?

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    LMA is doing pretty good, finally averaging double-digit rebounds for the first time in his 8-year career... but he's still not better than Griffin

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    LMA is doing pretty good, finally averaging double-digit rebounds for the first time in his 8-year career... but he's still not better than Griffin

Anyway, of course he's better than Blake Griffin, but he's still not better than Kevin Love. Love doesn't play any defense but he's more dominant on offense than LMA and neither of them play all that close to the basket so neither really make their teammates better by drawing double teams from what I've seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Dro

Anyway, of course he's better than Blake Griffin, but he's still not better than Kevin Love. Love doesn't play any defense but he's more dominant on offense than LMA and neither of them play all that close to the basket so neither really make their teammates better by drawing double teams from what I've seen...
    Don't watch too many Minny games, but LMA does definitely initiate the Blazers offense a lot. He gets the ball, gets doubled, then kicks it out, and the Blazers make a bunch of hockey-passes resulting in an open 3.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    He's from your city, no respect for him?

I got love for Aldridge. Used to go watch him play at Seagoville High Schoolall the time. He was great then and he's even better now

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Don't watch too many Minny games, but LMA does definitely initiate the Blazers offense a lot. He gets the ball, gets doubled, then kicks it out, and the Blazers make a bunch of hockey-passes resulting in an open 3.
    This. Holy shit ignorance at it's best from Dro. People shouldn't post if they have no idea what they're talking about. How the hell do people think we get so many threes? Pass into Aldridge, he gets doubled, kick out out, pass around the perimeter = open three

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    In only 31 minutes, on the second night of a back-to-back, @Dallas.

Not worthy of all-star starting spot doe..
    congrats on having the best PF in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd2dwill
    congrats on having the best PF in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    This. Holy shit ignorance at it's best from Dro. People shouldn't post if they have no idea what they're talking about. How the hell do people think we get so many threes? Pass into Aldridge, he gets doubled, kick out out, pass around the perimeter = open three
    No need to get so defensive, I get you're a Blazer fan. I didn't even diss the guy, jesus. Ok, so he gets double teamed, my bad...Still, whenever I watch the Blazers play he's RARELY close to the basket...he's shooting 17 foot jumpers and turnaround jumpshots from the baseline...Now if teams are still doubling him because he's scoring, that seems kind've dumb to me. I understand the dude is money but I'm not doubling a guy who is not dominating close the basket unless he's going off like Durant or something...If a guy wants to take long jumpers, let him, just like teams let Kevin Love do. And it makes Loves teammates even less effective. The Blazers have a dominant PF but are still basically a jump shooting team, are they not? And jump shooting teams are less effective in the playoffs...

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Not hating on the guy, he's good not great. He's not "I'll put my team on my back and take them to the finals" great.

For someone who is supposedly the cornerstone of his team's offense, I swear he gets assisted on a ton of his baskets. Is there a stat for that? Seems like dude spends more time shooting jumpers (again, his jumpers are assisted, meaning he's not the one creating) than actually posting up and creating for his teammates.

I guess my point is Blazer fans act like this guy is the key for the Blazers offense, the offense runs through him. I suppose that's somewhat true, but I'd like to see a stat. Anyone wants to chime in?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Not hating on the guy, he's good not great. He's not "I'll put my team on my back and take them to the finals" great.

For someone who is supposedly the cornerstone of his team's offense, I swear he gets assisted on a ton of his baskets. Is there a stat for that? Seems like dude spends more time shooting jumpers (again, his jumpers are assisted, meaning he's not the one creating) than actually posting up and creating for his teammates.

I guess my point is Blazer fans act like this guy is the key for the Blazers offense, the offense runs through him. I suppose that's somewhat true, but I'd like to see a stat. Anyone wants to chime in?
    I've said all there needs to be said about LMA and his impact compared to someone like Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed

This is my point and you said it better than I did...I don't see a guy who carries the team on his back...I see a team with a great starting 5 who all help EACH OTHER be the best they can be. He's just the best player on the team but that doesn't make him a superstar. He's been good for a while now but Portland hasn't done anything until they got him a great point guard and solid team around him...

Quote Originally Posted by Djsonny
    It just shows you LA scores more and plays better defense. The fact tht clips on paper has better players yet cannot win as much, shows you who is more valuable for their team.
    LA: 24.2 ppg on 47.6/12.5/81.6 while taking 21.1 shot per game while playing 36.9 minutes and drtg of 104.
    Biff: 22.5 ppg on 52.3/29.6/71.3 while taking 15.9 shots per game in 36.2 minutes and a drtg of 102

Very impressive to score 1.7 more points while taking 5.2 more shots per game.