Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Will this be another season where we Pretend LBJ's Defense > Durant's?

I mean this year it's more clear than ever that durant is a better defensive player.

Young KD >>Peak LeBald

Default Re: Will this be another season where we Pretend LBJ's Defense > Durant's?

Agreed, Lebron is one of the worst defenders in the league right now. He gets blown past on EVERY drive his defender attempts and depends on help defense to save him from getting posterized.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Will this be another season where we Pretend LBJ's Defense > Durant's?

There isn't a basketball coach on this planet earth who will tell you Durant is on equal footing with LeBron as far as defense is concerned.

Not a single one.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    There isn't a basketball coach on this planet earth who will tell you Durant is on equal footing with LeBron as far as defense is concerned.

Not a single one.
    At the moment, he's better because LeBron is coasting. Don't deny the facts man.

Are we going to act like LeBron didn't have a legit, scratch that, STRONG case for DPOY in 2011, and 2012 ... and got beat out by an even superior interior defensive presence in a prime Dwight Howard?

With that said, I agree. LeBron is being lazy, compartmentalizing his energy for yet the 4th straight championship run, so it's excusable. But it's the worse defense he's played since 2007. But he's clearly not trying, either.

In addition, let's not act like Paul George's defense isn't even more overrated. He gets to play as aggressive as he wants because the DPOY and only intimidating defensive anchor in the paint league wide gives the Pacers perimeter defense the over confidence to play as aggressive as they want with little repercussions because of the supreme rim protection.

Another season? This is the first season Durant has been a better defender than James.

And this doesn't mean Durant is a better defender per se. It wasn't that long ago that James' defense was a major reason they won it all in 13. I'll start reconsidering this stance when James' lazy defense carries on into the playoffs, although I expect him to amp it up on that front when it really matters.

Major props to Durant for improving this side of the court. I remember James made a similar jump when he was 25-ish. All-defensive honors is a possibility for him this season.

Young KD >>Peak LeBald

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    At the moment, he's better because LeBron is coasting. Don't deny the facts man.
    Will you use this excuse when Durant shits on Lebron next week to?

Quote Originally Posted by GOATbe
    It's basically bound to happen the other way though

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax

Not a single one.

Quote Originally Posted by GOATbe
    What excuse? Because it's my opinion that LeBron is coasting? Call me crazy but I think LeBron is only concerned about winning another championship. Not too concerned about the regular season games as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR

Not a single one.
    I kid I kid.

Durant's opponents
    Less than 5ft. - 53%
    5-9ft - 36%
    10-14ft- 43%
    15-19 ft. 33%
    20-24ft- 37%

Lebron's opponents -
    less than 5ft. - 60%
    5-9ft - 46%
    10-14ft- 40%
    15-19 ft. 41%
    20-24ft- 38%

yeah...better defender...right

This is going to be the 4th straight season durant is holding his opponents to a lower FG%...smh...

Lebron on ball defense has never been special...he doesnt get many blocks, is a decent steals guy , so exactly what makes him a great defender?... Are we supposed to believe that just because you guys say so?...We don't see any demonstration of his great defense...

Banned

Lebron usually guards the best player on the other team, yet Durant usually guards the 2nd best player, with Thabo guarding the best.

I think Lebron's defensive effort has decreased with the amount of fatigue he's garnered up since his coming to Miami.

KD has all the skill except weight to be an elite defender when guarding players.

College superstar

We should really only be looking at 3 match ups to figure out who the better defender is...

LBJ vs KD
    LBJ vs PG
    KD vs PG

LBJ vs KD:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=duranke01

Lebron and KD have been lighting each other up ever since KD stepped in the league.

LBJ vs PG:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=georgpa01

Looking only at this season since this is the first season PG has really emerged as a Top Level talent. Lebron shut down PG for a game, it looked like the only time PG could score was when Lebron wasn't on him. Similarly though, PG did a fantastic job on Lebron, but that has nothing to do with this debate.

KD vs PG:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=duranke01

Only 1 game this season, but KD couldn't do anything to stop PG.