Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Why isnt anyone calling for Joe Dumars to be fired?

Forget Darko. Forget the Iverson trade. Forget all the other terrible draft choices and trades (trading away Amir Johnson, Afflalo for literally nothing). All those reasons are enough evidence for the firing of Dumars ALONE!

But the 2004 championship, 2005 finals appearance, and six straight ECF appearances all give Dumars a pass for this.

Ill accept that. So what has he done to deserve getting fired now?

Hiring terrible coaches: Kuester and Curry, Frank and Cheeks

Putting together one of the most useless and expensive benches in NBA History: Bynum (3M), Jerebko (4.5M), Charlie V (8M), Datome (2M), Billups (2.5M) --- that's 20M of salary that literally doesnt see the floor except for Bynum occasionally. Note I didnt include Stuckey's 8M, putting our bench's total salary at a staggering 28M, bc he is playing his assss off since it's his contract year but he was playing like trash last season so you can choose to include his contract if ud like.

Trading away a first rounder that wasnt completely top ten protected in order to clear cap (dump Ben Gordon another terrible Joe D signing at 11M) and go after Josh Smith (13.5M).

Signing players at a position that is already filled. Example: trading for Iverson after resigning Rip to a lucrative extension. Having Monroe on a rookie deal that is about to expire and instead of running him with Drummond sign Smith to fcuk that up completely.

Then trading Brandon Knight (another failed lottery pick by Dumars) and Middleton (another player tossed away for nothing) in order to pay Jennings 7M.

So Dumars gives up a draft pick in one of the deepest drafts in memory, then adds 20M in salary to his already bloated shiit roster and the end result: A record that is ONE WIN better than last season.

Wait, what?!?!?!?!? No, that can't be right. Actually yes it is!

Yep, that's right. In one of the worst years of basketball in NBA history for the East, literally there are only 2 good teams Indiana and Miami, the Pistons are only able to increase their win total by 1 WIN and thats after adding Josh Smith, Brandon Jennings, and in a sense adding Andre Drummond, who barely played at all last season (which is like adding a young big man starter who is putting up 13/13).

Pathetic.

This story should be all over the NBA's media outlets. It even tops the ineptitude of the Knicks, Lakers, and even the Nets.

Get Dumars out so we can return some pride and respect to the Detroit Pistons.
    Last edited by sfballa13; 01-22-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Why isnt anyone calling for Joe Dumars to be fired?

Cool story, bro.

I didn't know the Pistons had fans.

Decent playground baller dilley's Avatar

Because most of us forgot the Pistons existed until you made this thread.

Banned

What's a piston?

Quote Originally Posted by dilley
    Because most of us forgot the Pistons existed until you made this thread.

I'm still not exactly sure who they are.

Because no one outside of Detroit cares about the Pistons, or any Detroit sports team for that matter. Even when our teams are doing great no one really cares outside of Michigan. Not sure of all the reasons why that is but I assume the reputation of the City of Detroit itself is part of the reason.

We also haven't had many flashy Superstars over the years, pretty much just Isiah Thomas and Grant Hill for the Pistons. Allen Iverson gave us a media boost for like 15 minutes but then his career imploded and that ended.

The Knicks, Nets and Lakers play in New York and Los Angeles, those are media epicenters that create a buzz on their own even when the teams aren't good. Detroit, even Michigan in general just doesn't have that cachet, not even with the Pistons having a pretty substantial tradition in NBA History.

In Michigan, amongst our fans there is plenty of people calling for JoeMars to be fired. Myself included. I defended him for a long time because of our long run of success from 2002 to 2008 but his time has run out in my mind, you can only live off of that for so long. The Pistons have been floundering for too long now and he's made alot of questionable decisions, basically ever since 2006. He's had a few bright spots here and there, mainly Andre Drummond but overall he just seems to have lost that magic touch he had in the beginning.

It's time to move on, start over. Fire JoeMars, Fire Cheeks, dump a bunch of players from this roster (especially Josh Smith) and start over building around Drummond.

But nationally, no Detroit Sports team will ever be big news in the National media. Unless one of the 3 major sports teams in Detroit (NFL/NBA/MLB) begin to actually have a real Dynasty to talk about, then they will have no choice. But otherwise, any Michigan sports team will always be on the back burner of the National scene.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    Because no one outside of Detroit cares about the Pistons, or any Detroit sports team for that matter. Even when our teams are doing great no one really cares outside of Michigan. Not sure of all the reasons why that is but I assume the reputation of the City of Detroit itself is part of the reason.

We also haven't had many flashy Superstars over the years, pretty much just Isiah Thomas and Grant Hill for the Pistons. Allen Iverson gave us a media boost for like 15 minutes but then his career imploded and that ended.

The Knicks, Nets and Lakers play in New York and Los Angeles, those are media epicenters that create a buzz on their own even when the teams aren't good. Detroit, even Michigan in general just doesn't have that cachet, not even with the Pistons having a pretty substantial tradition in NBA History.

In Michigan, amongst our fans there is plenty of people calling for JoeMars to be fired. Myself included. I defended him for a long time because of our long run of success from 2002 to 2008 but his time has run out in my mind, you can only live off of that for so long. The Pistons have been floundering for too long now and he's made alot of questionable decisions, basically ever since 2006. He's had a few bright spots here and there, mainly Andre Drummond but overall he just seems to have lost that magic touch he had in the beginning.

It's time to move on, start over. Fire JoeMars, Fire Cheeks, dump a bunch of players from this roster (especially Josh Smith) and start over building around Drummond.

But nationally, no Detroit Sports team will ever be big news in the National media. Unless one of the 3 major sports teams in Detroit (NFL/NBA/MLB) begin to actually have a real Dynasty to talk about, then they will have no choice. But otherwise, any Michigan sports team will always be on the back burner of the National scene.
    600 posts... Dat Pistons Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    What's a piston?
    A horse

Not sure what my post count has to do with anything.

Made that high school varsity squad

What's a piston?
    When was the last time the Houston Rockets were relevant?

Oh yeh that's right when Michael Jordan retired.

Besides that the Rockets have been nothing but an organization full of failure and embarrassment.

Holler at me the next time your team goes to 6 straight ECF, oh that's right your team hasnt been out of the 2nd round in decades.

Good luck with D-Howard, you wont be winning anything anytime soon with that clown.

Even with Harden and Dwight your team is still a joke and managed to score the least amount of points in a HALF in the last 30 years.

Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by sfballa13
    When was the last time the Houston Rockets were relevant?

Oh yeh that's right when Michael Jordan retired.

Besides that the Rockets have been nothing but an organization full of failure and embarrassment.

Holler at me the next time your team goes to 6 straight ECF, oh that's right your team hasnt been out of the 2nd round in decades.

Good luck with D-Howard, you wont be winning anything anytime soon with that clown.

Even with Harden and Dwight your team is still a joke and managed to score the least amount of points in a HALF in the last 30 years.

Keep up the great work!
    we're 28-15 bro. Better record than the warriors and 5 games away from being the 1st seed. And btw we can't go to the ECF if we're in the West. LoL

Who's gonna replace him??

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    Not sure what my post count has to do with anything.
    It doesn't, but that RightToCensor clown is exactly the problem with this forum. Some guy makes a legit basketball thread with information backing up his statement, someone responds intelligently then some semi-retarded joker starts trolling for no good reason and ruins the thread.

You gonna make fun of somebody because they have a life and you don't?