Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Stein: Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened buyout negotiations

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Sources tell ESPN several playoff teams (Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland, Houston, Miami, OKC and Toronto) are already in pursuit of Joe Johnson
    Who's going to "win" this war ?

Banned

Default Re: Stein: Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened buyout negotiations

Cleveland will win pull JJ, no doubt

Banned

Default Re: Stein: Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened buyout negotiations

Cleveland is his best chance to get a ring, but he'd have to share minutes with Shump and Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Who's going to "win" this war ?

don't get the buyout in his last contracted year - saving on luxury tax

Miami could definitely use him for a push this playoffs, but i feel he'll choose a better contender in Cle or OKC

OKC could really use Joe. Replace Waiters. Not sure how they could afford him though.. pretty sure they are already over cap, or very close to it.

cavs please

He's going to Clevetown

Cleveland Basketball

Good! This may help the Nets get an extra loss or 3...

Cleveland should have traded shumpert like I called for it to do. Between Richard Jefferson and possibly Joe Johnson, the wing position is in good shape. I have more confidence in those two to score points than I do in shumpert.

Kyrie - Delly - Mo Williams
    JR Smith - Shumpert
    Lebron - Joe Johnson - Richard Jefferson
    Kevin Love - Channing Frye
    Tristan Thompson - Mozgov

****. that's a hell of a lineup.

Mike Mazzeo
    ESPN Staff Writer

Nets F Joe Johnson is averaging 13.4 points and shooting 46 percent from 3-point range since Jan. 1. He has hit seven game-winning buzzer-beaters the past decade, most among NBA players. No surprise he's coveted by several playoff teams with buyout negotiations underway. Brooklyn GM Sean Marks said in a WFAN interview Johnson deserves the right to pursue another opportunity with a contender if that is what the 34-year-old veteran wants.

Would make sense for Toronto.

I can see Joe being featured as a SF-PF on the team, while getting much better looks with Lowry-DeRozan-Joseph getting him the ball than Larkin-Sloan-Jack did. He would just have to be the 4th or 5th scoring option.

And we get to waive Anthony Bennett, so that makes room for roster space.

   

since you linked this from the nets forum, i'll post my reply over here.

NETS: i'm not sure what we get out of this unless it's a cheaper buyout than doing it this summer. in other words, joe gives extra money back so he can play on a contender. he does put some butts in seats for us and makes us a little better, but with this season being lost, thinking about the future is probably more valuable.

OTHER TEAMS: i imagine you'll be able to pick him up pretty cheaply after the buyout, but you're likely going to be disappointed. joe's offense has really fallen off the last couple seasons, and his defense has become a liability, too. maybe you'll get lucky tho, and he'll be able to summon up some magic just when you need it. more likely you'll realise why the nets are buying him out in the first place.

Serious playground baller Mike smith's Avatar

Okc can offer him more money have part of there mid level exception