Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Default Re: Random Gary Payton appreciation thread in the middle of a bunch a Lebron/ Kobe talk

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    If you didn't rock the GP's back in the day, you weren't shit. Those who weren't ballin back then get a free pass.

YES, YES, YES!

the 'gloves', word son. Those were the shit. Zips on the mother f()ckers!

Default Re: Random Gary Payton appreciation thread in the middle of a bunch a Lebron/ Kobe talk

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    YES, YES, YES!

the 'gloves', word son. Those were the shit. Zips on the mother f()ckers!
    The gloves, the Pippen's, the Pumps... everything was just better back then. Shoe companies these days have no outside the box thinking. Throw an jordan logo on it and a few color options and watch them line up on release day. If the same designers were around today that were around back then, nikka's be walking around with aquariums in their shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWNQTqMkezc

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    Which Kemp we talking about?

Or

God damn. That dude really let go after leaving Seattle and signing those big contracts.

I usually hit open layups

I really would love to see him up against Steph. Would also be nice to him against Steph with hand checking.

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

even if i know hes not the best pg ever, he is in my all time team the starting PG !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX8r...&nohtml5=False

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    If you didn't rock the GP's back in the day, you weren't shit. Those who weren't ballin back then get a free pass.

don't think those were the original release colors back in the late 90's when they came out - the white pair with the neon green was hot fya - nevertheless, definitely a must cop if you could back in the day

Good college starter

The Glove!

I've always thought Payton's game-winner to cap off the big comeback in Game 3 of the 2006 Finals vs the Mavs is one of the most underrated Finals moments/shots of all time.

https://youtu.be/YfS8lEzIVSo?t=50

https://youtu.be/j4VBHDCmhkM?t=623

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    I'll never graduate high school due to the black guys bullying me

Second or third best perimeter defender and one of the top 40 GOAT .

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay

That would make you 24 now, and still no highschool diploma.

Hold this eternal life L, Simon, baby boy.

When it comes to combining scoring, passing, and defense, I think GP is the best PG of all time. And to top it off, he could defend PG, SG, and many SF's in his era. Peak wise, I think he's in that top 5-6 level for PG's all time.

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar