Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: I lost respect for Nash....

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Explain why he is rolling with Kobe then?

Um, because he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuilding process? There's no guaranteed rings to be found anywhere, LA is hardly a sure-fire title destination. Not sure what's wrong with a guy wanting to play for a winner seeing as how the franchise he has given everything and then some to for the past 8 seasons is now fully tearing shit apart.

Or does it make more sense for him to play the role of the martyr and stick around on a 30 win team? There were many reasons for the Suns not winning a title, least of all of those was Steve Nash who did everything they asked of him and more, playing hurt, bruised, beat-up, taking the team to the Conference Finals with a guy named Boris Diaw being one of his major offensive threats out on the floor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    How can you hate him? He did all he could for the Suns, is not in his prime anymore and wants a chance at a ring. There is a long tradition of things like this happening in the NBA.

How did he waste opportunities in Phoenix? What else do you think he could have done? Their title chances went out the window courtesy of an Horry hip check and then followed by Amare leaving.

Payton and Malone also where well out of their prime and had done all they could for the Sonics and Jazz. How could you hate them trying to get a ring at the end of their careers?
    He could have went elsewhere and not make it so obvious by joining a Top 5 greatest of all time player.

Banned

No one should speak about Nash like that.. He's the epitome of loyal and classy as hell.

I dont speak well of Kobe and I've been rooting for the guy for years.. But Nash.. Like Duncan and a few others, you just simply can't speak negatively about him like that

He could have went elsewhere and not make it so obvious by joining a Top 5 greatest of all time player.
    Of course, I'm sure his kids living in Phoenix had nothing to do with his decision considering that LA is about a 50 minute plane flight away, the closest NBA destination other than the Suns.

oh shit i found op's side job:

Nash isn't joining a supergroup. He's joining a past prime Kobe and a Lakers team that has been middle of the pack the last couple of years. He could have chosen Miami, where his chances would be better.

Are you gonna blame Wilt for joining West's Lakers? How about Drexler for joining Hakeem? Moses?

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

dude brought a team with Amare to 2 WCF and eventually lost to the champions in those years - LAL, SAS

what's happening to Amare now?

he's achieved a plenty in my books

Banned

Please name one other team besides the Knicks where he would have been in control of the offense and had a legit chance at competing for a title. The Lakers are a lot closer to competing then the Knicks and closer to his family. He made the obvious choice.

Like who? There are only a few teams realistically with a shot at the title next year.

Lakers
    Spurs
    Thunder
    Heat
    Celtics

3 of those teams have star pg's. So in order to have a realistic chance of winning a title it was down to the Heat and Lakers. If you are a Nash fan I honestly can't see how you could hate that he wants a chance at a ring. Did you seriously want him to end his career resigning with rebuilding Phoenix or going to the disfunctional Knicks or Raptors?

Banned

He just using Kobe to win a ring.. He knows that his biggest chance of getting a ring is by teaming up with Kobe.. I dont hate him for doing that.. Who doesnt want to win a ring carried by Kobe..

I don't hate Miami but it is pretty sad what they did too.

Imagine the epic games we missed of Lebron vs Wade.

They had great games against each other and now we are deprived of that.
    At least your consistent then and I respect that. From that, I can see where your coming from, but I stand by what I said. A poor FO ($arver and gang) created a lot of issues within the Suns and had they been more competent, the Suns' chances could have gone better. And as someone put it, Nash is one of the last 'nice guys' in sports so he deserves to go where he wants. He gave his best effort with the Suns.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

You are acting like Nash is Juwan Howard on the Lakers. He is still a very good player and he is Lakers' best PG in years.

Quote Originally Posted by I LUV KOBE
    He just using Kobe to win a ring.. He knows that his biggest chance of getting a ring is by teaming up with Kobe.. I dont hate him for doing that.. Who doesnt want to win a ring carried by Kobe..

Seeing as Kobe has had to be carried by either Shaq or Gasol to get there, I'm not entirely sure that's a fair-money bet. He would have been better off cashing his chips with Wade and LeBron.

The only type of woman OP will date:

Nash is a classy guy and he stuck with the Suns for a long time. He deserves to chase for a ring. Stop being so salty.